Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I time hopped slowly until I got enough info for turnip prophet. Max price this week 90. I bought at least 100. Oops. Here or Facebook groups and fingers crossed for me coz I gave away a load of money to beginners this week

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Devastated I only managed to buy 500k of turnips this morning. Started buying too late and Daisy disappeared. I've managed to at least quadruple my investment every week I've bought them. I'll pay off my final mortgage this week and then onto the island redesign. Hard to know where to even start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If you don’t have access to Nook Miles + yet then there’s not really anything special you can do to speed up the process. Just collect and sell whatever you don’t need - bugs/fish/fruit. Craft tools from the branches, wood and weeds you collect. Make sure to harvest all rocks on the island everyday and hold onto the items you get especially the iron. As soon as you are able, buy the inventory upgrades and the tool wheel (can’t remember if you have to pay for that one).

Always use the ATM in residential services everyday, it gives Nook Miles just for accessing it. After 7 days in a row you get 300 Nook Miles each time.

At one point you’ll need 30 iron pieces so ask on here if you are stuck and we can help you out.

Once you get access to Nook Miles + (5 daily tasks that give double the Miles as reward) then it becomes easier to rack up the Miles. Once you complete one task then another new one is available (it just doesn’t have the double miles bonus) so you literally have an infinite amount of ways to earn miles in a day - just limited by how many you want to do.

Got the pockets and need 25 Iron to get the shop, 1 more critter for the museum, jesus i just turned it on for half an hour yesterday. :pac: still going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

safetyboy wrote: »
    Got the pockets and need 25 Iron to get the shop, 1 more critter for the museum, jesus i just turned it on for half an hour yesterday. :pac: still going

I’ve loads of iron if you want it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

pedatron wrote: »
    Devastated I only managed to buy 500k of turnips this morning. Started buying too late and Daisy disappeared. I've managed to at least quadruple my investment every week I've bought them. I'll pay off my final mortgage this week and then onto the island redesign. Hard to know where to even start.

I know it’s no use to you now and maybe you already do this but when buying turnips on my own island I’ll take a chunk of money out of the ATM and drop all of it on the ground somewhere, then pick up 4 bags or whatever is needed to pay for 4000 turnips and get started - just speeds up the process a little since you don’t have to go back inside each time to get more and it also means that Daisy will stay around past noon - once you go indoors she’ll disappear though. Of course that’s no substitute for getting into the game early so you don’t need to worry about her leaving. :)

Add me if you like and I can give you the iron.

• Advertisement

I’ve loads of iron if you want it?

How do i get it, sorry only started yesterday :)

not sure how it works on switch usually just play games on my own apart from splatoon.

SW-6834-9650-3214 is my switch code

not sure how it works on switch usually just play games on my own apart from splatoon.

SW-6834-9650-3214 is my switch code

Ok sent you friend request. You can go into your airport and say you want visitors, online, via dodo code then friends only, then post the code here or via pm. I can then fly over and drop off the iron.

How do i get it, sorry only started yesterday :)
    You need to go to the airport and talk to the dodo. Tell him you want visitors using online play. You can then choose to open your gate to all friends, or get a dodo code that you can post here.

People can then fly to your island and drop the stuff on the ground for you. You pick it up and bingo!

Ok sent you friend request. You can go into your airport and say you want visitors, online, via dodo code then friends only, then post the code here or via pm. I can then fly over and drop off the iron.

Lol jinx!

• Advertisement

I'll give it a go now its pissing rain over here though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

I know it’s no use to you now and maybe you already do this but when buying turnips on my own island I’ll take a chunk of money out of the ATM and drop all of it on the ground somewhere, then pick up 4 bags or whatever is needed to pay for 4000 turnips and get started - just speeds up the process a little since you don’t have to go back inside each time to get more and it also means that Daisy will stay around past noon - once you go indoors she’ll disappear though. Of course that’s no substitute for getting into the game early so you don’t need to worry about her leaving. :)

Brilliant. Never thought that! I'll definitely do that next week. It was the running over and back that wasted my time! Thanks for the tip!

I’m amusing myself this afternoon by giving my islanders stupid hats and glasses to wear. They all love them & put them on straight away. Best so far is Sterling. He wears a suit of armor and he put a tropical hat on top! Looks ridiculous but so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I missed this post!
    Can I nab the mahjong machine?
    The darts machine is in my cranny today.

Heylo, I'm opening Funkytown now if you want to come by and buy it, I'll be doing my bits around town for the next while :)

Heylo, I'm opening Funkytown now if you want to come by and buy it, I'll be doing my bits around town for the next while :)

Cheers! I’ll be there in a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In the midst of our island redesign we lost our apples and oranges! We’re back at four stars though so that’s good. Can I visit somebody later to grab some fruit?

We’ll be opening up our island too so I’ll be looking for your friend codes

Unfortunately, like Holly, it nearly always rains here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I can give you the iron nuggets no problem if you like?

Same goes for kingtut if you need them too.

Thanks that is very kind of you but I feel like I should hard slog it. I thought I need 10 iron nuggets (and not 30) so I'm currently at 12 and also having the issue of rocks producing stones/clay.

I've paid off my first house loan and now went for another one lol.

Always been to 3 islands and 2 animals have accepted invites to live on my island but there is no sign of them. Not sure how long it takes?

Oh and museum has been upgraded but i saw from youtube videos people have tanks outside? Mine are all inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Have a space ironwood cupboard recipe if someone wants it?

RedRochey wrote: »
    Have a space ironwood cupboard recipe if someone wants it?

Ooh ooh me please! I have all the others in my kitchen!

kingtut wrote: »
    Thanks that is very kind of you but I feel like I should hard slog it. I thought I need 10 iron nuggets (and not 30) so I'm currently at 12 and also having the issue of rocks producing stones/clay.

I've paid off my first house loan and now went for another one lol.

Always been to 3 islands and 2 animals have accepted invites to live on my island but there is no sign of them. Not sure how long it takes?

Oh and museum has been upgraded but i saw from youtube videos people have tanks outside? Mine are all inside.

No problem, maybe they aren’t as awkward to get now that the bunny week crap is long over. All you can do is make sure you are getting the max 8 items per stone and hope iron is among them. :)

Ppl with tanks outside are just storing them there temporarily, possibly to sell to a specific vendor for extra bells. I just sell to the nooks. Everything donated to the museum stays inside. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Hey, does anyone have the gold watering can recipe? Want to get started on some gold roses! Obviously will give materials for crafting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Shooting stars have kicked off so I’ve opened up the island. I’ll be afk on and off, but will leave it open as long as I can!

If your killing time while waiting for stars there are a few square dirt patches for breeding and some black roses (both in the flower garden to the left) that could do with some watering :D

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone have the gold watering can recipe? Want to get started on some gold roses! Obviously will give materials for crafting

I do - I can make one for you?

I do - I can make one for you?

Oh that'd be amazing! Is it just 1 nugget and a watering can?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Shooting stars have kicked off so I’ve opened up the island. I’ll be afk on and off, but will leave it open as long as I can!

If your killing time while waiting for stars there are a few square dirt patches for breeding and some black roses (both in the flower garden to the left) that could do with some watering :D

Will pop over now! Thanks a mill. Do you still need amber? Realised I've a display one outside my museum I can part with...

Will pop over now! Thanks a mill. Do you still need amber? Realised I've a display one outside my museum I can part with...

Oh please if you can, that would be amazing :) I’ll return if I get one down the line

God I'm so bad at this, are we friends? Can't see your island lol

My code is SW 5416 7590 1517 if we aren't!

Oh that'd be amazing! Is it just 1 nugget and a watering can?

I think so. I’m star gazing at bluemachiavellis’s at the mo. I’ll make it when I get back

God I'm so bad at this, are we friends? Can't see your island lol

My code is SW 5416 7590 1517 if we aren't!

We are indeed, I’m Bryan on Animal Crossing so pop over if you like :)

• Advertisement

We are indeed, I’m Bryan on Animal Crossing so pop over if you like :)

Yep you're right I'm just a straight up eejit hahaha

Advertisement