Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Yep you're right I'm just a straight up eejit hahaha

No worries, I get confused between ac names and boards names the whole time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I was playing this on a shared account with my mate (he doesn't play it or even has it downloaded) but he has started playing his switch again so I cant use it when he is using his switch (absolute sham of a system), can I copy the save account I was using on my switch to my account and not his as it looks like I will have to buy it again 40€ on CDkeys which is fine in this lockdown but dont fancy grinding the last 2 days and throwing them away. I already have it fully downloaded as I have been playing it.

safetyboy wrote: »
    I was playing this on a shared account with my mate (he doesn't play it or even has it downloaded) but he has started playing his switch again so I cant use it when he is using his switch (absolute sham of a system), can I copy the save account I was using on my switch to my account and not his as it looks like I will have to buy it again 40€ on CDkeys which is fine in this lockdown but dont fancy grinding the last 2 days and throwing them away. I already have it fully downloaded as I have been playing it.

No way to transfer at the minute unfortunately. They are working on it for a future update, but it’s not clear how it will function when they do implement it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Just spent a lovely hour catching stars with @bluemachiavelli. I come home and it’s STILL raining. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Just spent a lovely hour catching stars with @bluemachiavelli. I come home and it’s STILL raining. Ffs.

If it's any consolation, lashing here too! :pac:

• Advertisement

tbahh wrote: »
    If it's any consolation, lashing here too! :pac:

It’s been a solid week! It’s actually so heavy there’s thunder & lightning!!!

I’ve never seen lightning before in the game

I’ll leave the gates open until 9ish, if anyone else wants to pop over. Shooting stars are plentiful tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

I made tons of wishes there too! Apologies for bailing yet again, I seriously underestimated how much a newborn would impact on my animal crossing time!!!! Also in my distraction I accidentally picked a flower instead of watering....very sorry.....

I made tons of wishes there too! Apologies for bailing yet again, I seriously underestimated how much a newborn would impact on my animal crossing time!!!! Also in my distraction I accidentally picked a flower instead of watering....very sorry.....

Aw how old is the baba? I miss baby snuggles. My only child is 19 now!

Ah no panic at all. I have a habit of running at full sprint and taking the heads off them :pac:

• Advertisement

The shooting stars are really nice. Could watch them for hours.

I got my first sunrise this morning too while I was up watching UFC. Really nice colours and peaceful vibe about the island! Well worth checking out if you’re up at a mad hour.

The shooting stars are really nice. Could watch them for hours.

I got my first sunrise this morning too while I was up watching UFC. Really nice colours and peaceful vibe about the island! Well worth checking out if you’re up at a mad hour.

What time was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Celeste has visited my island twice but i'm yet to see any shooting stars. Not sure if i'm just not looking properly or what

Celeste has visited my island twice but i'm yet to see any shooting stars. Not sure if i'm just not looking properly or what

Yeah it’s not guaranteed to happen when she visits. You need patience sometimes too as you might only get 1 every 5 mins, or you can have a deluge like @bluemachaveli has tonight.

You don’t need to be in any particular spot on your island. You’ll hear a tinkle sound. Look up with nothing in your hands & press A. It seems very random as to when you get them. Obviously I’ve had none because of all the rain.

What time was that?

Just after 5am when the new day starts. I went on to collect my newly ordered desktop computer from the mail. Was very excited.

Did a bit of research on the star fragments, max 20 wishes, but you also can get another 20 if visitors come and make 100 wishes combined.

I managed to hit the nook miles achievement for wishing on 200 this evening! Delighted with that. Jumping off for a bit now, but will try and open up later in case anyone else wants to get a few.

Aw how old is the baba? I miss baby snuggles. My only child is 19 now!

He's 2 n a half weeks now.... No doubt he'll have me awake at some ungodly hour soon so I can catch blue's sunrise!!!

FINALLY caught a scorpion! Phew!

I got a red diner chair from a tree too, if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Love this game, it's such a great little distraction these days. I have such creative difficulties with my Island though, I have no idea what I want to do with it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Andrew76 wrote: »
    No problem, maybe they aren’t as awkward to get now that the bunny week crap is long over. All you can do is make sure you are getting the max 8 items per stone and hope iron is among them. :)

Ppl with tanks outside are just storing them there temporarily, possibly to sell to a specific vendor for extra bells. I just sell to the nooks. Everything donated to the museum stays inside. :)

Erm 8 items per stone? I've been eating fruit then hitting the stone with a shovel which is destroyed after one hit ...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

kingtut wrote: »
    Erm 8 items per stone? I've been eating fruit then hitting the stone with a shovel which is destroyed after one hit ...

Only eat fruit if you want to break the rock, otherwise just hit with your shovel without eating fruit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

So, you shouldn't hit stones after eating fruit cause as you know, it destroys them.

Do this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBPOWApBzg0 and you'll get some items every time :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Noooo don’t do that. :)

Scroll back a bit and look for a post by Star Lord, he has a good explanation of how to get all 8 items by digging two holes to prevent you getting pushed back from hitting the stone. And always make sure the 8 spots immediately surrounding the stone are free of weeds or flowers etc.

I only ever eat fruit if I want to destroy a stone to remove it (it will respawn in another location the next day), or is I want to dig up a tree stump using the shovel.

If you accidentally eat too much fruit, have a sit on a toilet.... No joke!!

Ooh I just got the recipe for gold armor from a friend’s island! Oh it looks fab! But 8 gold to make!

What a game this is. Finally got the space boots I’ve been looking ages for, and from the same island/player I got night vision goggles and the power suit and boots to go with the helmet I have. Delighted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Forgive me I just have had to start from scratch again after rebuying on my own account, any tips to get out of shaking trees for the next day or 2 :(

Andrew76 wrote: »
    What a game this is. Finally got the space boots I’ve been looking ages for, and from the same island/player I got night vision goggles and the power suit and boots to go with the helmet I have. Delighted. :D

OMG I NEED those boots! It’s the last thing I’m waiting on too. Can I catalog?

safetyboy wrote: »
    Forgive me I just have had to start from scratch again after rebuying on my own account, any tips to get out of shaking trees for the next day or 2 :(

Oh that sucks, I’m sorry but I don’t kow of any “quick” way past the first few days. That’s such a bummer.

Edit: I can bring you iron etc if you want?

Back open now for about 30 mins if anyone else wants to collect some stars!

• Advertisement

OMG I NEED those boots! It’s the last thing I’m waiting on too. Can I catalog?

It’ll cost ya.... Blue Bear!! :pac:

Yes of course you can, probably tomorrow at this stage. I’m just waiting for a visitor to come over so I can catalogue some of their stuff. They have a pharaoh outfit too.

Advertisement