Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Dodge wrote: »
    Thanks for visit! First visitor and first lightning storm!

I had lightning tonight too. Scary! I hate lightning.
    Your island is really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thanks. We’re about 90% in I’d say

And so another week of turnip watching begins. My prices are 120 this morning which, if I have done it right, is not very encouraging on turnip prophet. It seems to be predicting a max of 206 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Twin Peaks here is going to check out the Island I might or might not own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

And so another week of turnip watching begins. My prices are 120 this morning which, if I have done it right, is not very encouraging on turnip prophet. It seems to be predicting a max of 206 tomorrow.

Same. Paid 108 yesterday, 76 today. Predicted max of just over 200.
    I'll watch this afternoon's prices but I think I'll heading off island to sell my turnips this week...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Turnips selling for 83 this morning, 197 is supposedly my max this week, not great seeing as I paid 99 for them. Maybe will end up flying somewhere. Busy redesigning the entire island though - every building except my own needs to be moved a little. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Does anyone have the picket fence recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

82 here, predicted max of 208. Will definitely be travelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Morning all! Turnips selling for 100 here, predicted max is 149 with a 20% chance of a max of 212. The search for a better price begins now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Just spent a lovely hour catching stars with @bluemachiavelli. I come home and it’s STILL raining. Ffs.

I was on the island, but I couldn't figure out how to chat :o Have figured it since...
    Loved the layout and items on your island @bluemachiavelli!
    I had quite a 15 star fragments on my beach this morning - no recipes to use them yet though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Have a spare pitfall seed recipe if anyone wants it?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Turnips selling for 83 this morning, 197 is supposedly my max this week, not great seeing as I paid 99 for them. Maybe will end up flying somewhere. Busy redesigning the entire island though - every building except my own needs to be moved a little. :)

The more I see other people's islands, the more I want to completely redesign my own... but ideally I'd only like to do the building moving once. Will have to get out the pen and paper like Dodge!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

I've a potential max of 540 apparently.....But I wouldnt hold my breath....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Turnips bought at 92 yesterday on Oilean. Down to 80 this morning but turnip.io is giving 63% chance of a large spike with potential maximum of 554.

The more I see other people's islands, the more I want to completely redesign my own... but ideally I'd only like to do the building moving once. Will have to get out the pen and paper like Dodge!

I'm pretty OCD about details but didn't get out the pen & paper, did take my time planning out what I wanted to do though. Actually it was very relaxing figuring out how much space each building takes up and how much space I want on each side and where paths will need to go etc. First up was moving the museum - it was in front of my house so that's gone now over by my little the town square. Going to move Able and Nook's Cranny down in it's place and space them better. Only 2 of the resident houses are ok, the other 8 needs moving to some degree. It's fun though thankfully. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm pretty OCD about details but didn't get out the pen & paper, did take my time planning out what I wanted to do though. Actually it was very relaxing figuring out how much space each building takes up and how much space I want on each side and where paths will need to go etc. First up was moving the museum - it was in front of my house so that's gone now over by my little the town square. Going to move Able and Nook's Cranny down in it's place and space them better. Only 2 of the resident houses are ok, the other 8 needs moving to some degree. It's fun though thankfully. :)

Yeah I think I'll enjoy it once I start! Have a good bit to do though - have to move most of the houses so that's a week in itself. Think Nooks / Able's and the Museum are ok, so just the campsite that needs to move after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

86 bells on my island.

Flick is also here, can finally rid my house of all those bugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It was just a rectangle and we put Xs on the spots we wanted to move stuff. Nothing too detailed. There’s 3D planners online now apparently!

We moved all houses into a ‘resident district’ and have the shops and museums. So those 13 buildings are pretty much on the left of the island and we’re winging the rest!

It is fun to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Turnip prices doing their usual cranking down :( Bah.

83 bells down to 80 now for the rest of the day. :rolleyes:
    Monday always crap anyway.

• Advertisement

Down to 102 this afternoon. Predictions still look like 206 tomorrow being my best chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Just started this last week (well, played on my partner's game for a while so I had some idea what was going on).

Just getting into the turnip craic now. 69 this morning, 60 now, not looking great considering I spent about 200k on them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Mine jumped up to 130 bells just there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Down to 102 this afternoon. Predictions still look like 206 tomorrow being my best chance.

Question on the chat thing - from memory I had to add you as a friend in order to chat. Is that always the case? No issue if it is I'm just curious :)

kingtut wrote: »
    Question on the chat thing - from memory I had to add you as a friend in order to chat. Is that always the case? No issue if it is I'm just curious :)

No you don't need to be friends. When you're on an island your chat appears as a text bubble. Anyone on the island can see it and chat too.
    Are you using the app on your phone? It's so much better than typing with the controller.

I used the voice chat on the app for the first time last night. It was great! Had a great chat with a friend as I got an island tour. Just like a phone call.

Turnips are 138 here this afternoon. Had a look online for those 3d planner apps and found one that looks decent.

https://bobacupcake.itch.io/island-planner

Might start a basic plan out this evening and see how we get on.

Edit: Boomer is crafting a sauna heater this afteroon. I can open up for half an hour if anyone wants to cal over and grab the recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Flick is here today if anyone fancies offloading some bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

No you don't need to be friends. When you're on an island your chat appears as a text bubble. Anyone on the island can see it and chat too.
    Are you using the app on your phone? It's so much better than typing with the controller.

I used the voice chat on the app for the first time last night. It was great! Had a great chat with a friend as I got an island tour. Just like a phone call.

Wait like a mobile app? Never realised there was one lol

Edit - Found the Nintendo Switch Online app. I'll set it up when I'm home. Thanks :)

kingtut wrote: »
    Wait like a mobile app? Never realised there was one lol

Edit - Found the Nintendo Switch Online app. I'll set it up when I'm home. Thanks :)

No bother. To link it to your switch press the - key on the loading screen for the game.

Oh my God! I’ve just loaded the game and...... it’s not raining! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Oh my God! I’ve just loaded the game and...... it’s not raining! :eek:

Praise be!

Advertisement