Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Got the 3 houses under construction as well as my first bridge and also a ladder. Now to collect all the exterior and interior stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

tbahh wrote: »
    I've exhausted the boards private messaging that I can't reply for another 10 minutes.

Will send out codes to those who've asked in a few! :D

EDIT: And I might make a suggestion, most of today's posts in this thread were about turnips, would it be a good idea to have one dedicated to just turnip selling and then leave this one for general AC:NH stuff?

That’s a good idea!

kingtut wrote: »
    Got the 3 houses under construction as well as my first bridge and also a ladder. Now to collect all the exterior and interior stuff :)

You’re making great progress! You need to start cataloguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've exhausted the boards private messaging that I can't reply for another 10 minutes.

Will send out codes to those who've asked in a few! :D

EDIT: And I might make a suggestion, most of today's posts in this thread were about turnips, would it be a good idea to have one dedicated to just turnip selling and then leave this one for general AC:NH stuff?

Thanks a million for organizing all the visits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Thanks a million for organizing all the visits!!

+1 My first week without a Nook loan, disposable income is a great :D
    Don't catalog with Sinead, she'll force you to pick up the crown and then order one...........

You'll be broke for life :pac:

• Advertisement

Don't catalog with Sinead, she'll force you to pick up the crown and then order one...........

Ah but you’ll look so fabulous you won’t care how hungry you are :pac:

A crown you say...

A crown you say...

Yep. A bargain at 1.2 million bells

Yep. A bargain at 1.2 million bells

She has 3m in the bank :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

She has 3m in the bank :pac:

Damn I didn't know she was stuck for bells - you should've said holly. :P :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So what's cataloguing??

So what's cataloguing??

It’s where you pick up & drop other people’s items. Once you do that then they appear in your nook shopping catalog on the atm machine in resident services

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

And that's a wrap, folks :D

After around 20 visitors (and over 150 private messages), we did it! I'm not sure how the Nooks are gonna get rid of all those turnips :pac:

After around 20 visitors (and over 150 private messages), we did it! I'm not sure how the Nooks are gonna get rid of all those turnips :pac:

You’re a legend. Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Anyone want the lazy chicken, Eggbert? Kicking him out, and he's already in boxes!

Holy crap that's a lot of messages!

Brilliant stuff - thanks so much for organising it and letting us eat into your own time. Cheers! :)

And your suggestion for a separate thread specifically for AC Stalk Market is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Oh god so many things to do before I get to that stage lol. Gotta turn my island from a wasteland to a land of beauty first!

Oh god so many things to do before I get to that stage lol. Gotta turn my island from a wasteland to a land of beauty first!

Yeah I wouldn’t be in any rush to catalogue, you’ll get overwhelmed by stuff you don’t have the space for. :) Not sure where you are at in the game but just keep plugging away at expanding the house and getting/upgrading the shops. Not sure how other folks tackled each successive house loan but I let the turnip money pay for them each week, rather than be stone broke. Anyway, there’s no wrong way to play the game tbh.

Do keep us updated with your progress, it’s interesting to hear about everyone’s journey. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Take your time. This is a game to play at your own pace. Whether that means ultra fast excessive resource farming or chill breezy piece by piece day to day snooze and saunter about the place, is completely up to you. :)

Another fine morning on Castaway island - the sun is shining and there's a light breeze. Lovely. Kicks is here with some interesting items and finally got a piano in Nooks to go with the piano seat thing I've had for ages.

Able Sisters has relocated now along with Nooks and the Museum. Next up is Hazel's house, 50k just to move it 2 squares left and 1 square down - only to realise the game doesn't let you do that! It would be too close to another structure - yep, the same house I'm trying to move. Thought my plans for that area were foobar'd! Thankfully I had spaced out other plots so can move her into one of them, then move another house in her old space. :)

Also, what's the story with
    the letters from "Mom"
    - I can't remember, is that some sort of carry over from previous games? Bit creepy. Also, did everyone get their
    Thank-you Mom mug
    from residential services (Nook Shopping -> Special goods -> Seasonal)? It stays until May 31st.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Able Sisters has relocated now along with Nooks and the Museum. Next up is Hazel's house, 50k just to move it 2 squares left and 1 square down - only to realise the game doesn't let you do that! It would be too close to another structure - yep, the same house I'm trying to move. Thought my plans for that area were foobar'd! Thankfully I had spaced out other plots so can move her into one of them, then move another house in her old space. :)
    I have a few changes in mind for my island too; really don't like the locations I picked for some of the amenities. Just waiting until I have the house fully upgraded/paid for before I go too far into that.
    Also, what's the story with
    the letters from "Mom"
    - I can't remember, is that some sort of carry over from previous games? Bit creepy. Also, did everyone get their
    Thank-you Mom mug
    from residential services (Nook Shopping -> Special goods -> Seasonal)? It stays until May 31st.
    Glad I'm not the only that thinks that.

I've neglected my island for the last three or four days. Going to time travel back a few days, so I can at least plant the bell trees. Probably grab whatever fossils I come across too.

I have a few changes in mind for my island too; really don't like the locations I picked for some of the amenities. Just waiting until I have the house fully upgraded/paid for before I go too far into that.

Yeah I waited until money was no object but more so until I has happy I had a half decent idea of how I wanted things to look - only being able to move 1 structure per day makes me more mindful of what I'm doing now. Back when I started building bridges I just went with the cheapest option only realising much later that it takes 2 days to upgrade one.

I'm happy with what I have planned for the remaining buildings, and have some idea about some of the open spaces but still lots more to do after that. :)
    I've neglected my island for the last three or four days. Going to time travel back a few days, so I can at least plant the bell trees. Probably grab whatever fossils I come across too.

Those places you can bury bells appear every day - so if you make sure to dig and plant bells each day you should have a steady stream of funds. Not sure if you plant more than 10k you will get more than 30k back, so I always just plant 10k regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Apparently it’s *possible* that if you plant 99k bells, you get 3x99 in return BUT there’s about a 30% chance of that

If you do the 10k each time it works out better (as that’s guaranteed 3x10 in return)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not sure if you plant more than 10k you will get more than 30k back, so I always just plant 10k regardless.

The sweet spot is apparently 30k. You will usually just get your 30k back, but occasionally get 90k back.

Star Lord wrote: »
    The sweet spot is apparently 30k. You will usually just get your 30k back, but occasionally get 90k back.

Ok will try that so. Nowt to lose I guess. :)

Someone called Starbuck sent me a friend request - is that someone on here? :)

@Rhyme - thanks for putting the AC player list link your sig!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Huge excitement in our house today with the arrival of our first gold rose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Someone called Starbuck sent me a friend request - is that someone on here? :)

@Rhyme - thanks for putting the AC player list link your sig!

Good flag actually, I've added a Switch Username option to the form to try and make it a bit clearer. I won't backfill anyone that has already filled it out unless they are happy for me to add, for now I've opened up comments on the spreadsheet, so just drop one in on your row with the Switch Profile name and I'll update :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Saharah is here today. I got a "future-tech flooring" off him. Actually looks really cool. It's animated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Good flag actually, I've added a Switch Username option to the form to try and make it a bit clearer. I won't backfill anyone that has already filled it out unless they are happy for me to add, for now I've opened up comments on the spreadsheet, so just drop one in on your row with the Switch Profile name and I'll update :)

That is a good shout - I got a friend request from a Melvin yesterday and I accepted, thinking I had seen it on the spreadsheet but I hadn't, not sure if it's someone here?

Advertisement