Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social distancing Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Bob24 wrote: »
    I do wipe whatever goes into the fridge/freezer and quarantine the rest for a day or 2.

What do you wipe them with? Antibacterial wipe or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

What do you wipe them with? Antibacterial wipe or something else?

Yep antibacterial wipes. Probably not perfect but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yep antibacterial wipes. Probably not perfect but better than nothing.

Im doing that now too. Makes sense, and isnt too much trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I've seen over the last few weeks any number of groups of young, mostly males, teenagers in groups together.

What are they thinking? What are the parent(s) thinking??

It's crazy. What should the police be doing? Fine the parents? Stop their social welfare payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Young male teenagers are stupid.

Throw rocks at them.

36ba805dbb7934c947f5b0a6c9fc6f2d88c26ccd-1100.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

How many people die in Ireland every year from inflenza viruses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Scoondal wrote: »

Probably technically more than killed from this so far, but the flu only kills elderly people already on the way out, with incredibly rare exceptions.

Probably still more than killed from this but the flu only kills elderly people already on the way out, with incredibly rare exceptions.

What a disgusting statement.

Your face is a disgusting statement.

Mod

Thread banned

Your face is a disgusting statement.

Okay, perhaps my face is disgusting.
    But for someone to say people who die from influnenza were probably "on their way out" is showing a total lack of empathy for how those people died by their lungs no longer working. I have seen a person with pneumonia. Please show or pretend to show some empathy to those now suffering lung diseases.

• Advertisement

Okay, perhaps my face is disgusting.
    But for someone to say people who die from influnenza were probably "on their way out" is showing a total lack of empathy for how those people died by their lungs no longer working. I have seen a person with pneumonia. Please show or pretend to show some empathy to those now suffering lung diseases.

It's not showing any lack of empathy at all, it's a fact. The amount of years healthy life expectancy left that are taken in this is thousands or millions of times those lost from the seasonal flu. That's not empathy or lack of empathy, that's just fact.

I decided to attempt answering your question because I tried to assume good faith but apparently you are a different type of poster - you won't say what you mean, but put loaded questions out there and then try to bait people into saying something you assume is wrong so you can come down hard on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

..... Please show or pretend to show some empathy to those now suffering lung diseases.

You can't demand this of someone ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,196 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I thought it was a fairly accurate statement TBF.

I thought it was a fairly accurate statement TBF.

Okay, maybe I am wrong.
    So, are we saying that people who are old (or not old) die for lots of reasons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

How come all COV-19 threads descend into bickering. Is this what we have become?

degsie wrote: »
    How come all COV-19 threads descend into bickering. Is this what we have become?

Thank you.

A post that I made lead to personal abuse.

Okay, maybe I am wrong.
    So, are we saying that people who are old (or not old) die for lots of reasons ?

I suppose so. The difference the poster was pointing out is that people die from flu. And those people were probably closer to death than those killed by covid. Flu only really kills weaker people than covid. (Weaker in the context of health). So covid would kill many more people and healthier people, than flu if both were left to infect the population without social distancing.

I suppose so. The difference the poster was pointing out is that people die from flu. And those people were probably closer to death than those killed by covid. Flu only really kills weaker people than covid. (Weaker in the context of health). So covid would kill many more people and healthier people, than flu if both were left to infect the population without social distancing.

Can I have your permission to quote your reply on other online forums ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Probably technically more than killed from this so far, but the flu only kills elderly people already on the way out, with incredibly rare exceptions.

This reply should be highlighted.

• Advertisement

This comment has been reported as offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

This reply should be highlighted.

done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

don't know about the 2km, but he should be grand for the 2 metre distancing

(or should that scale up, the higher up you are?...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

This comment has been replied to.

Can I have your permission to quote your reply on other online forums ?

I suppose so. it's all anonymous so go ahead. Why?

degsie wrote: »

because the same people who get banned from other COVID threads jump to the latest one and start all over again. Far too many people are spending far too much time on Boards.ie and are full of frustration and anger. I understand frustration and anger but get outside into the garden or do a workout or just go offline!

I am still working, check on the Boards in the morning and don't check in again till I am home in the evening. What I see is the SAME people every day are online all day ranting, page after page after page. Go read a book or do an online course.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So we are allowed to be offended by actuality now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

IMO is it is pointless to compare Covid-19 figures with historical seasonal flu figures.

Covid-19 figures relate to a situation with extreme containment measures in places whereas nothing like this was ever attempted before with the seasonal flue.

As a matter of fact, the number of flu cases in Ireland in March/April this year will probably be almost nothing compared to historical figures. Since the flu is significantly less contagious than the Covid-19, measures which are good enough to slow-down Covid-19 are probably almost eradicating seasonal flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ELM327 wrote: »

Ignore the troll. If you look at his posts on other forums he's looking for any way he can to get round the current restrictions so obviously not taking "every single life is precious" too seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

ELM327 wrote: »

Where have you been the past 3 years?

Advertisement