Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social distancing Megathread

Options

Comments

A lot of us are just a bit dim really..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Blaze420 wrote: »
    The most pointless protest I have ever seen bar none, this is Ireland not the US.
    How will people know your right on if you don’t act right on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

endacl wrote: »

I know right, suppose I’m being too hard on the imbeciles - I forgot about when LA and NY marched en masse against Irish water

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Delighted . .many dont give a toss about the Mickey mouse virus. Loved by the media and their scaremongering. The virus is so deadly, that thousands in dublin were prepared to risk their lives, due to the death of a man thousands if miles away...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It was absolutely stupid thing to do. They are right to be outraged, but this not the right way of doing things.

I said previously, I wonder how many of these people were condemning Gemma O Doherty for her gatherings of the intellectual dehydrated cabbage society.

We are so close to ending this thing and events like this just risk spreading it all again.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

It was absolutely stupid thing to do. They are right to be outraged, but this not the right way of doing things.

I said previously, I wonder how many of these people were condemning Gemma O Doherty for her gatherings of the intellectual dehydrated cabbage society.

We are so close to ending this thing and events like this just risk spreading it all again.

What are you talking about Willis? These morons here are talking about some businesses not reopening until August. August!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Will there be any protest looting going on after? Asking for a friend who needs a new 65" TV in solidarity with black lives matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Do An Garda Siochana and our government ministers have something to answer for? :confused:

I always has Pascal Donohue figured as a flamin racist

Pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

the intellectual dehydrated cabbage society

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I can't go for a meal and a pint and that shambles is tolerated by the law?

• Advertisement

I can't go for a meal and a pint and that shambles is tolerated by the law?

But black lives matter???? You waycist

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Rté called them "Black lives matters protestors."

American media sees white middle class Antifa mobs bussing outsiders in to riot, loot and burn, black and white neighbourhoods alike.
    Of course there was genuine anger amongst the black community initially, but what is happening there now is organised effort to unite against Trump and cause general mayhem.

And RTE is supportive of anything anti-Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Blaze420 wrote: »
    But black lives matter???? You waycist

Maybe he's black, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

It's been clear that Social Distancing has been increasingly breaking down in Ireland over the past few weeks in particular.

We've seen reports of large gatherings on beaches, boisterous house parties, and so on.

But it reached a whole new level in Dublin today when thousands of people tightly packed together took to the streets to protest the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, the United States.

https://twitter.com/chloehanan/status/1267460515225272322

So far there has been no comment from the government of NPHET.

Does this effectively spell the end of Social Distancing policies in Ireland?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Maybe he's black, who knows.

Maybe it’s maybelline

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

Not enough racism in Ireland for these virtue signalling dopes, they have to make the most of their opportunities to show how right on they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Bunch of gob****es with nothing better to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I'd wager a lot of the ones out protesting and ignoring the regulations now were screaming about keeping lockdown and **** the economy save lives all along too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    It's been clear that Social Distancing has been increasingly breaking down in Ireland over the past few weeks in particular.

We've seen reports of large gatherings on beaches, boisterous house parties, and so on.

But it reached a whole new level in Dublin today when thousands of people tightly packed together took to the streets to protest the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, the United States.

https://twitter.com/chloehanan/status/1267460515225272322

So far there has been no comment from the government of NPHET.

Does this effectively spell the end of Social Distancing policies in Ireland?

Is that today? That's absolutely shocking. Didn't a city in America hold a parade during the Spanish flu and people got sick after attending it?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

I'd say the weather played a big part In it & dont forget the Instagram picture to remind everyone you were there. And to think we have had numbers limited for funerals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Video footage

https://twitter.com/chloehanan/status/1267460515225272322?s=21

About 3 weeks from now Dublin and surrounding counties will find out just how persistent/not persistent this virus is

Somewhere like France, with a big history for taking to the streets, wouldn't surprise me doing something like this in the middle of a pandemic. But Ireland?

How many were there for social media likes on their footage i wonder?

I'm just in disbelief that this happened when numbers are dropping. What an absolute clusterfúck

#BigLikesMatter I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I cannot understand the stupidity of these people.

Yes, it's absolutely terrible what happened but surely people cannot be so thick as to not realise that gathering in large crowds is beyond stupid at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Tragic results of toxic overdose of US/internet media + entertainment in people under ~ 25. It's rotted their brains.

Some of them are wearing masks + distancing a bit (so some local news has penetrated the US filter-bubbles) and at least it is outdoors, but it is still very, very stupid.:(

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Video footage

https://twitter.com/chloehanan/status/1267460515225272322?s=21

About 3 weeks from now Dublin and surrounding counties will find out just how persistent/not persistent this virus is

Somewhere like France, with a big history for taking to the streets, wouldn't surprise me doing something like this in the middle of a pandemic. But Ireland?

How many were there for social media likes on their footage i wonder?

I'm just in disbelief that this happened when numbers are dropping. What an absolute cluterfúck

#BigLikesMatter I suppose

And for what - a crowd of ****ing imbeciles marching where they will be thoroughly ignored where it matters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

And our government's advice to wear face masks/coverings when distancing is difficult. Some did, some didn't.

I just hope if there's huge cases from this protest that our government gets their sh!t together and introduce mandatory mask wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

endacl wrote: »

9+
    Can I get two friend or family members to just copy and paste this? Racism in any form is never okay and should never be tolerated. Just two. Any two. Say done. Xx

COPY AND PASTE DO NOT SHARE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

amandstu wrote: »
    Which borders do you suggest closing?

UK definitely, they are the worst country in Europe at the moment for new cases. No way they have it under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What exactly at they marching to the US embassy for?

Is the cop not getting charged with murder? What else do they want to happen?

I notice the indo made no reference to CV19 at all in their piece about it. Wonder will rte news tonight mention it?

What is the point of the majority sitting in their houses for 2 months if we are going to let hundreds March in Dublin for a guy who died in America?

The government always needed to keep people onside. Having people holed up for 3 months to flatten a curve that was flattened weeks ago now is beyond a joke. We should be almost fully reopened.

Instead we have the most restrictive lockdown in Europe with people still not allowed to see family until end of July.

Not surprised at all that people are getting out now and breaking the rules. Mental health will be destroyed if you don’t.

Glad to see people condemning racism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Only in Ireland can mass gathering like this take place while at the same time you will be questioned like a criminal if you drive somewhere over 5k. They are stopping people from getting fresh air on beaches and recreation areas yet thousands can march in Dublin for someone they don't even know. Ireland is a gas place at times. Fair play to those who are out and about. Hopefully we see an end to the Government's and Gardai's stupid restrictions.

Advertisement