Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social distancing Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

walshb wrote: »
    No, I don’t expect Harris, Varadkar or Holohan to arrest anyone...

I expect them to condemn the protesters as utterly reckless..

And by condemning them what do you think wi happen? Do you think those who marched will put their hands up and say sorry sir it wont happen again sir......come on lets be real, todays march was and indirect two fingers toward these silly restrictions. Our leaders will come out with the usual cringey soundbites but i think they know they are loosing the very people they are trying to control and thank god for that.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Call me naive but I really thought RTÉ was better than that, not commenting on the social distancing issues associated with the event is one of the most obvious media biases I've ever witnessed in state news coverage

I've been critical of rte but I never thought they'd do something like this during these times.

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So basically what I see as been the norm now is if you are black or creating a ruckus then it's carry on folks and very similar to how travellers are given free reign and can do as they please.

I couldn't travel to see my family and especially my dad.

Know many that couldn't attend funerals and can't see family or friends as they are doing their bit.

Shocking shocking attitudes off these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I can't go for a meal and a pint and that shambles is tolerated by the law?

#Blackpintsmatter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

I just don't get this. Nobody showed up for the car insurance protest yet during a pandemic this happens.

• Advertisement

jackboy wrote: »
    People have not been allowed to go to the funerals of family and friends. People cannot visit relatives in nursing homes.

If this protest is not condemned in the strongest terms then TH, Harris and Leo can legitimately be described as a national disgrace.

If anyone in my family had of died i would of gone to the funeral irrespective of what the government said. My family is more important than the idle threats of those in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Blondini wrote: »
    #Blackpintsmatter

They actually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

endacl wrote: »
    How will people know your right on if you don’t act right on?

Right on? Sooooo 1966, boomer. It’s “woke” now. “Right on” mutter mutter mutter....

• Registered Users Posts: 56,181 ✭✭✭✭walshb

alta stare wrote: »
    And by condemning them what do you think wi happen? Do you think those who marched will put their hands up and say sorry sir it wont happen again sir......come on lets be real, todays march was and indirect two fingers toward these silly restrictions. Our leaders will come out with the usual cringey soundbites but i think they know they are loosing the very people they are trying to control and thank god for that.

Forget it.

The seriousness of it is clearly lost on you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'd imagine half of them work for large American multinationals here and don't have an issue with where their money is coming from. Virtue signalling is all very well once it doesn't hit your pocket. I'd kick their sorry holes for them
    What were the Gardaí afraid of? Someone screaming "police brutality" like that pr*ck in Galway on Saturday? A lot of people made a lot of sacrifices over the last two and a half months, peoples lost their nearest and dearest, peoples mental health has been pushed to the limit, I was made redundant last week after working over 30 years for the same company (I doubt I'm alone here)many people are facing financial uncertainty for years to come. We may not have got everything right but finally look like we might have the broken the back on this due to a massive effort by the majority only for these pricks to jepordise everything. Fúck them, each and every one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

It was also a massive two fingers, FUs atc. To all the healthcare workers and others who tried their best to stop this virus, to all the fatalities we had (including HC workers), to all the families who lost their loved ones in this pandemic and to everyone else who actually tried to follow the guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Who the hell cares about some guy in the USA. Regardless of colour, he wasn't the most upstanding citizen in the world.yes the policeman probably shouldn't have done what he did.

Let his superiors deal with that.

Why idiots must March in Dublin confuses me. Have they seriously nothing better to do.

walshb wrote: »
    Forget it.

The seriousness of it is clearly lost on you..

Because it was never that serious in the first place. We done our bit and we are being told to continue on when the is clear evidence there is no need.

The majority of deaths were in nursing homes the very place our government ignored. They shut down our country causing serious economic damage. A scandal will emerge from this and it is people like you who will be the very ones to brush it under the carpet just to save face.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Who the hell cares about some guy in the USA. Regardless of colour, he wasn't the most upstanding citizen in the world.yes the policeman probably shouldn't have done what he did.

Why idiots must March in Dublin confuses me. Have they seriously nothing better to do.

And he's been charged. What's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

A massive slap in the face to healthcare workers who were last week's heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Ya think?

risteard7 wrote: »
    A handful of Debenhams workers weren't allowed a social distance protest outside the shop but yet this was no problem?

One of the first things I thought about when I saw this today.

Second thing I thought was, how come none of those virtue signalling cnuts had a march for the teenager attacked in Baldoyle, on may 20th , who was beaten with a hammer. he had internal bleeding and two skull fractures. Where was their 'Justice protest' for him, ??

Spineless pricks :mad:

Doubt very much Vradkar or Harris will have anything so say about it. It will just be allowed to slide. let many other things were over the last couple of months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

All quiet on Simon Harris' Twitter account. Wonder when he'll post a video telling the protestors to "cop on"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

A massive slap in the face to healthcare workers who were last week's heroes.

A massive slap in the face to everyone who spent the last 3 months indoors and for what - for something that didn’t even happen in this country and has absolutely no relevance to anybody here? Virtue signalling ****heads getting high on their own **** - I dare any of you bastards to come on this forum and justify your actions today you ****ing imbeciles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Because it was never that serious in the first place. We done our bit and we are being told to continue on when the is clear evidence there is no need.

Citation needed.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

• Advertisement

Personally i dont care what happens in America. I care for my own and right now our government are encouraging severe financial hardship on their own people by insisting they keep their businesses closed and keep themselves locked up with only a 5k travel limit. Absolute nonsense.

Do i care that you think my post is mean? em no....because it isnt and you are a stranger on the internet who just happens to be a bit over dramatic over anothers strangers post.

So if you don't care about America, you agree that tits who flaunt the lockdown for a protest about American issues is ridiculous?

Or do you believe that there isn't a pandemic and people should be allowed do what they want?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

And what do you expect them to do? Arrest them all or implement tougher restrictions to the rest of us??? None of those two options will work.

The government have lost control and it is about time too. They are driving our economy into the ground. At some point people were going to change.

Anyone who has worries stay in and protect yourselves....the rest of us should be allowed get on with our lives.

This is the reason why we will have undone months of containing a virus in a day.

Your attitude is appalling.

Anything between those two ears at all other than selfish nonsense ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Ah sure it's great to see loads of people marching in solidarity in a pointless protest against a brutal murder in a different country - on a sunny day, with lots of media coverage. While showing fuuck all solidarity for the thousands of people in this country who are at high risk from the pandemic.

No doubt in a month or so half of them will be back on Instagram looking for sympathy upvotes after one of their grandparents inexplicably succumbs to Covid-19 despite having no contact outside their immediate family.

What a bunch of morons

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

:D Such drama.

If the vulnerable dont want to risk themselves then it is best they stay home isnt it. The whole country cant continue to suffer because of so few.

Drama, stop being a stupid idiot. Clowns like you should get it and get wiped out. Do us all a favour. You muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

I'm a carer for somebody with dementia and lung problems. We haven't left the house for well over two months. This has taken a big toll on my mental and physical health. My blood is boiling at the sight of those protestors today, and the sympathetic coverage given to them by RTE News tonight. Bunch of selfish assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Stop talking ****e. You absolute muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

All quiet on Simon Harris' Twitter account. Wonder when he'll post a video telling the protestors to "cop on"

same as Leo, just shows what a spineless leader / government we have at the moment

the army should of been deployed and the crowd dispersed, responsable people stayed in for nearly 3 months to control this virus

but no, a crowd of fckwits more concerned with their faux outrage and then not to mention their instagram pics of participation in the march for their street cred, they just took a huge sh1t on all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I think it is this attitude which has led to that nationwide explosion of rage, that some people find it in any way other than reprehensible that a man could be publicly tortured and executed for a petty crime

Also his superiors would not have dealt with it unless there was protests , is the next big issue after that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Blaze420 wrote: »
    And for what? For something that happened thousands of miles from here, but these virtue signalling ****heads think they have some weight to protest it? I wish a pox on every single **** who showed up there today and that’s the truth.

https://twitter.com/mickobrien0/status/1267481616487718915

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,181 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I tweeted him saying that I was looking forward to his tweet condemning today’s protest..

Advertisement