Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social distancing Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MOH wrote: »
    Ah sure it's great to see loads of people marching in solidarity in a pointless protest against a brutal murder in a different country - on a sunny day, with lots of media coverage. While showing fuuck all solidarity for the thousands of people in this country who are at high risk from the pandemic.

No doubt in a month or so half of them will be back on Instagram looking for sympathy upvotes after one of their grandparents inexplicably succumbs to Covid-19 despite having no contact outside their immediate family.

What a bunch of morons

Its pathetic, what about the blatant disregard for woman and homosexuality around the globe? Any protest against that?
    Nope just the woke anti Trump walk in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I'm a carer for somebody with dementia and lung problems. We haven't left the house for well over two months. This has taken a big toll on my mental and physical health. My blood is boiling at the sight of those protestors today, and the sympathetic coverage given to them by RTE News tonight. Bunch of selfish assholes.

You're missing the point, we now as a nation look to be "right on" so being irresponsible in relation to covid doesn't matter.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Its pathetic, what about the blatant disregard for woman and homosexuality around the globe? Any protest against that?
    Nope just the woke anti Trump walk in the city

Sure they don’t care about that because it doesn’t trend on Twitter or snapchat - absolute bunch of ****head morons.

I even got infracted here earlier because I said Muslim were not compatible with western society - but supposedly they are and throwing gays off rooftops or stoning them is absolutely fine so long as you don’t say a bad word here about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Where did the 'other' thread go?
    The merging of the "Black Lives Matter thousands of Miles Away But Irish Lives Don't" thread should be of no surprise to anyone. It is a simple way to quieten the masses and make sure that we follow the narrative. They hide it in the hope it goes away or gets conflated with other topics. Seen it done a number of times on here before; especially when it has to do with a topic that is championed by ..... let's say the more extreme liberal section of Irish society. We can't be diss-ing the Irish-subcommittee of Black Lives Matters, can we?

Rest assured, an admin will be along shortly to threaten me with the usual stuff. I guess we know one of two things: where many of them were earlier in the day, or who is actually paying their wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Kivaro wrote: »
    The merging of the "Black Lives Matter thousands of Miles Away But Irish Lives Don't" thread should be of no surprise to anyone. It is a simple way to quieten the masses and make sure that we follow the narrative. They hide it in the hope it goes away or gets conflated with other topics. Seen it done a number of times on here before; especially when it has to do with a topic that is championed by ..... let's say the more extreme liberal section of Irish society. We can't be diss-ing the Irish-subcommittee of Black Lives Matters, can we?

Rest assured, an admin will be along shortly to threaten me with the usual stuff. I guess we know one of two things: where many of them were earlier in the day, or who is actually paying their wages.

I noticed the other thread disappearing also. Happened fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Kivaro wrote: »

Yeah feel like it needs it's own thread as well..

The biggest slap in the face to all of us who have been vigilant and the front line workers everywhere.

All for likes..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Yeah, why did the threads get merged?

Hmmzis wrote: »

Deflect deflect deflect deflect, can’t be upsetting the pricks that were out today or their black pals - wouldn’t sit right with the diversity rules....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

It looked like quite a large protest...people made signs for it and all.
    Much bigger than the nutty "anti-lockdown" one outside the four courts.

Was there any organisation, e.g. political parties/figures or the like that drove it or completely spontaneous (via friend groups on social media etc)? If there were organisers, maybe guards should have a word (as highly unlikely as that prospect might be)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

kingtiger wrote: »
    same as Leo, just shows what a spineless leader / government we have at the moment

the army should of been deployed and the crowd dispersed, responsable people stayed in for nearly 3 months to control this virus

but no, a crowd of fckwits more concerned with their faux outrage and then not to mention their instagram pics of participation in the march for their street cred, they just took a huge sh1t on all of us

Er no. Unless the protestors were starting a civil war then no the army should not have been deployed.

Armies fight wars. Our national army aren't there to point guns at civilians or round them up and march them off to a detention camp.

If there's policing needed we have a policing body that can look after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

alta stare wrote: »
    Because it was never that serious in the first place. We done our bit and we are being told to continue on when the is clear evidence there is no need.

The majority of deaths were in nursing homes the very place our government ignored. They shut down our country causing serious economic damage. A scandal will emerge from this and it is people like you who will be the very ones to brush it under the carpet just to save face.

Yeah sure it's grand. We shouldn't of even bothered with a lockdown. No point. I'm surprised you have broadband in your cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

It is very odd it was merged with this generic thread . The event is a very important one and needs its own distinguished thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm a carer for somebody with dementia and lung problems. We haven't left the house for well over two months. This has taken a big toll on my mental and physical health. My blood is boiling at the sight of those protestors today, and the sympathetic coverage given to them by RTE News tonight. Bunch of selfish assholes.

I just can’t fathom it. 9 people at my dads funeral three wks ago and I couldn’t even be in the same room as him before he died.

Like this is insane. I’m so hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭buzzing147

99% of them just out to get they pic on facebook etc, not as if any of them are anything to look at, it's a disgrace, after months of lockdown, to see this occuring and not even talked about properly in the news, pity a helicopter squad wasn't flying above and shooting down

bb1234567 wrote: »
    It is very odd it was merged with this generic thread . The event is a very important one and needs its own distinguished thread
    Yeah, don't be surprise if they or I should 'he' starts deleting these individual posts too.

Transparency me hole .....
    Pure amateur hour stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

growleaves wrote: »
    Er no. Unless the protestors were starting a civil war then no the army should not have been deployed

Er yes, the Irish Army's secondary role is

"To give aid to the civil power (ATCP). This means that the Army assists, when requested, the Garda Síochána, who have primary responsibility for law and order in Ireland"

So yes, this is a case for quickly mobilising trained personal to disperse the mob of gobsh1tes today

Rfrip wrote: »
    I just can’t fathom it. 9 people at my dads funeral three wks ago and I couldn’t even be in the same room as him before he died.

Like this is insane. I’m so hurt
    I am so sorry for your loss Rfrip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Er yes, the Irish Army's secondary role is

"To give aid to the civil power (ATCP). This means that the Army assists, when requested, the Garda Sh, who have primary responsibility for law and order in Ireland"

So yes, this is a case for quickly mobilising trained personal to disperse the mob of gobsh1tes today

Why would they need assistance though? They aren't a dangerous mob just a bunch of posers. The garda didn't break them up because they weren't bothered. RTE made excuses. Political leaders said nothing. Wake up and realise social distancing is a joke to the people who foisted it on the nation.

What a dick - stupidity is a virus as well Leo, shown all too well today by the careless ***** who took part in the protest. Put your big boy pants and your balls on and condemn it you toothless fool or shut the **** up

• Advertisement

"The real virus is racism". There's your social distancing you pack of fools

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Public gathering condoned by government, has essentially announced the end of lockdown today as you can clearly break set rules without consequence, not only that but you'll be lauded by the prime minister on twitter for breaking those rules

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Is this real? Can he really be this much of an idiot.

growleaves wrote: »
    Wake up and realise social distancing is a joke to the people who foisted it on the nation.

what are you on about? try burying a loved one and cant go to their funeral or else haven't seen their elderly parents for months due to them having underlying conditions etc etc etc

your the one that needs to wake up and stop reading conspiracy bull off facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I can't believe he said that, utterly spineless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭prunudo

Seeing as this is where the protests posts ended up, may as well contuine. The biggest kick in the teeth about todays protest is the lack of acknowledgment from either the media or 3 amigos. They were so quick so berate people for slightly breaking the rules and now nothing.
    How many people would have had encounters with sticky gardai this weekend, giving people grief for going 6km to the beach or a non essential drive.
    I'm angry at how businesses are forced to be closed and facing going to the wall yet nothing about thousands marching in Dublin.
    I'm lucky because I was allowed to go back in phase 1 but I feel for others still waiting. Its a massive kick in the teeth for people who haven't seen family on opposite sides of the country.
    They need to either condemn it or pull the plug on the restrictions tomorrow.

And I know neither will happen :(

Edit, I'm even angrier after Leo's tweet, what a prick :mad:

Hmmzis wrote: »

Kind of makes Boards as complicit in trying to bury this as RTE. Merging is basically hiding and you can see how selective it always is.

Thread really needed to be on its own.

• Advertisement

what are you on about? try burying a loved one and cant go to their funeral or else haven't seen their elderly parents for months due to them having underlying conditions etc etc etc

your the one that needs to wake up and stop reading conspiracy bull off facebook

I have had difficulties due to the restrictions, including bereavement, which I won't get into detail about.

As I said, RTE clearly do not care about social distancing. The evidence is in front of you.

Ordinary dishonesty, which is not difficult to perceive, is not some far out grand conspiracy theory. People tell lies - that is a part of life.

Advertisement