Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social distancing Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Blaze420 wrote: »
    A massive slap in the face to everyone who spent the last 3 months indoors and for what - for something that didn’t even happen in this country and has absolutely no relevance to anybody here? Virtue signalling ****heads getting high on their own **** - I dare any of you bastards to come on this forum and justify your actions today you ****ing imbeciles

I was raging when I read about this protest. What were they thinking? I would genuinely love to hear from people that marched today. How can they justify potentially setting us back with covid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

s1ippy wrote: »
    Realistically TH should come out tonight and advise anyone who attended the protest to self-isolate for two weeks.

Yes yes yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Mrmoe wrote: »
    I can't believe he said that, utterly spineless.
    ..."come together to stop its spread and defeat it"

Agree, he's being a knob-end by tweeting this.
    https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1267567877282058242

'Coming together' sure will spread the COVID, that's a given. But this small matter seems to have dropped off the radar all of a sudden now, as he congratulates 1,000+ covidiots who acted against soild state advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

This little shindig should throw contact tracing a few challenges.

jackboy wrote: »
    Is this real? Can he really be this much of an idiot.
    Christ almighty. Does he have to be reminded he's not wanted in government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

People really need to start thinking about boycotting RTE, just switch it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

'Coming together' sure will spread the COVID, that's a given. But this small matter seems to have dropped off the radar all of a sudden now, as he congratulates 1,000+ covidiots who acted against soild state advice.

Actually nothing there suggesting he supports the march today.

More twisting of simple words to suit an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Kind of makes Boards as complicit in trying to bury this as RTE. Merging is basically hiding and you can see how selective it always is.

Thread really needed to be on its own.
    I can tell you, since I've been around since the year dot of boards, that not all admins will be happy with this decision to merge these threads, and how it transpired.
    There are some admins and office staff who actually have scruples.
    Without explanation, it lacks transparency.
    Without transparency, the medium lacks trust and integrity.

But the veil has slipped somewhat on who(m) is pulling the strings.....
    And it kinda stinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just a technical question...

Aren't demonstrations supposed to be approved & coordinated by someone in advance?

If so, which agency f*cked this one up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Is Leo feeling alright? I'm sure Tony will be delighted with him.

Rascism is horrible, disgusting, and that cops actions deserve severe punishment but all lives matter and that protest shows a blatant disregard for the lives of all people living in Ireland currently trying to protect themselves & others from Covid19.

• Advertisement

Can anyone link me to where he said he supports the march?

Genuine question, thanks.

Coming together doesn't mean gathering outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Believe you me, so many of us have already done that.
    RTE are not to be trusted, and they are one of the primary reasons why there is so much negative discourse in this country. Their aim is to be divisive.
    It is one of the reasons why the topic of Direct Provision Centres are mentioned by RTE on a daily basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

And yet his silence is deafening

Is Leo feeling alright? I'm sure Tony will be delighted with him.

Rascism is horrible, disgusting, and that cops actions deserve severe punishment but all lives matter and that protest shows a blatant disregard for the lives of all people living in Ireland currently trying to protect themselves & others from Covid19.

What happened wasn't a racist attack or a racist killing. It was a pig cop getting too big for his boots. That's all. People are jumping on the wagon shouting racism because the victim (George) was black. What happened to him had nothing to do with his skin colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Well you see there was a mass gathering today where people came together to show solidarity against racism

A few hours later the Prime minister said this
    ' We need to show solidarity as people of all races & backgrounds around the world come together to stop its spread and defeat it.'

Does he actually have to say word for word 'I condone the mass gathering today' or can you not read between the lines

kingtiger wrote: »
    And yet his silence is deafening

Who's?

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Well you see there was a mass gathering today where people came together to show solidarity against racism

' We need to show solidarity as people of all races & backgrounds around the world come together to stop its spread and defeat it.'

Does he actually have to say word for word 'I condone the mass gathering today' or can you not read between the lines

So no actual link then.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Tracy Clifford a DJ on 2FM an employee of RTE who has been telling people stay at home the past two months while she broadcasts her show from home was at the protest today,and of course had to post it on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA5btO6HRfB/

Tracy Clifford a DJ on 2FM an employee of RTE who has been telling people stay at home the past two months while she broadcasts her show from home was at the protest today,and of course had to post it on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA5btO6HRfB/

Now that is ridiculous.

Hope she gets pulled up properly on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

The thing is..
    Everyday we're being bombarded by messages about keeping distance, stay at home, keep in small family groups, travel no more than 5 km etc etc..

People can't say proper goodbyes to their terminally ill loved ones, funerals restricted to small amounts of people..all due to the supposed need to stop the spread of covid 19.

Surely the taoiseach should have also said that the protest today was an irresponsible act in the present circumstance( nothing wrong with him condemning racism, but the other issue should also be mentioned)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Who's?

Our not so glorious leader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭prunudo

bb1234567 wrote: »

Yes he does, he should say that mass gatherings are not permitted and todays protest was a mistake, there were other ways to show their disquiet. Its 2 fingers to everyone, even those who have slightly bent the rules, for the mess that he has created and where he has sent this country economically.

These little pricks are arseholes https://www.buzz.ie/amp/news/three-uk-teens-who-mocked-george-floyds-death-arrested-371710#click=https://t.co/tkGYPuqhO7

But Leo's tweet has caused me anxiety and stress too. Can he be charged with a hate crime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Love the Black Lives Matter march today.
    Blacks are suffering worse outcomes from catching Covid than most other ethnic groups. By not social distancing at this march are the protesters more likely to kill blacks than whites. Ironic?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

martin101 wrote: »
    Yeah sure it's grand. We shouldn't of even bothered with a lockdown. No point. I'm surprised you have broadband in your cave.

:D My man cave has loads of cool stuff. Still though i dont be in it much. I'm too busy enjoying myself outside....being active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Well at least we can no longer fling ****e at the UK over Cummings

We just had our moment and I expect to see we'll lose a lot more of the public in regards to restrictions and I can't blame them especially after that clown Leo's tweet, all he had to do was support the protest and slip in a "extremely worrying to see distancing and mask wearing not being adhered to" that's all he had to do but no Leo you essentially told the nation some people are free to break restrictions to you've lost all face now you utter muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Are you for real? He posts a bull**** wishy washy tweet about coming together to fight “waycism“ without condemning the thousands of pricks on the streets of Dublin today in breach of regulations. Not a word to say about it, just inspirational bollixolgy for like minded virtue signalling muppets. I’ll tell ya what though - whatever he has planned to announce on Friday now he can go **** himself and his roadmap - I’m done following anything this ****ing hypocrite has to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

martin101 wrote: »
    Drama, stop being a stupid idiot. Clowns like you should get it and get wiped out. Do us all a favour. You muppet

:D:D:D

You ok hun????

• Advertisement

alta stare wrote: »
    :D:D:D

You ok hun????

Three smileys and a “you ok hun”? Really?

Oh dear. Probably best to just unfollow if you’re that low into the barrel.

Advertisement