Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social distancing Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

YFlyer wrote: »
    Which groups or individuals organised the protest march in Dublin?

PBP from what I’ve seen, they’ve arranged similar in other counties for the weekend. ****ing parasites

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Which groups or individuals organised the protest march in Dublin?

MASA PBP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Limerick will be met with with armed response anyway and I’ve asked Facebook to delete the event because it’s an illegal gathering. And if neither come through on their promises, then we will just simply have to go retro on these clowns and bate them up and down Arthur’s quay park till they **** off home

Black lives might matter but they sure as **** dont overwrite the efforts the population has made for 3’months to quell this virus.

Blaze420 do you know who is organising the Limerick protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If the guards do nothing despite it being clear as day who's organising based off Facebook events, they really have no leg to stand on breaking people up in parks and beaches. They'll just be spineless cowards and people should just ignore them if they don't put their foot down here.

Blaze420 do you know who is organising the Limerick protest?

PBP

• Advertisement

PBP from what I’ve seen, they’ve arranged similar in other counties for the weekend. ****ing parasites

Thanks.

Bloody nutters. No change from the SWP clan.

Thanks.

Bloody nutters. No change from the SWP clan.

They’re going to get what’s coming to them, we won’t accept this no matter the intentions - better get ready for some black eyed commies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Harris Finally speaks against Mass Gatherings.
    He and Leo should have said it last night, only say it now after being scolded by Tony no doubt.

https://www.thejournal.ie/simon-harris-protest-mass-gatherings-5113327-Jun2020/

He and Leo should have said it last night, only say it now after being scolded by Tony no doubt.

Can’t gather at funerals but use your own judgment whether you want to join these snowflake ****heads in theirs? **** off!

PBP

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Maybe public opinion might turn against these groups and stop this movement being fashionable. A few policemen, National Guard or citizens being killed in the US by the protestors might take the shine off things.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

The gauged the mood and belatedly issue a statement, disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Half arsed climbdown..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

guards should use tear gas and baton charge the protesters off the street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I popped over to the people before profit Facebook page and I took a screenshot of their written piece in relation to these protests.

It starts of talking about what's behind the protesting in America and it goes into a little bit of detail. It says there's 2 reasons
    1) the Racism thing
    2) the people who died there from the coronavirus virus.

Their written piece ends by saying
    So let's stand with them and protest on Saturday the 6th of June.

I took screenshots and left them here.

I mean like, the absolute god damn fcuking fcukers that PBP and that written piece.

Let's march for the people who died in America of this virus, they say. No word for walking for those who died here at home and in Europe.

(please don't take notions now to out in large protest walks for the people who died. Not at this point in time anyways. Let all the virus sh1t blow over and then there probably will be a day to mark all those who died here at home and across Europe).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Sheep_shear

"looting arises because of deep inequality and poverty in the US"

Pretty sure the shoewear inequality in the country has been smashed over the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Exactly - well put.

Generally speaking, I just get on with life and try not to get bothered by politicians or life in general. I don't think its good for mental health to keep getting bogged down with everything that's going on (that's just me).

But the lack of condemnation from prominent politicians on this topic has really píssed me off - not one of them had the balls to make a statement condemning this for fear of losing political capital or endangering their political futures.

Most broadcasters have glossed over it.

The protest that took place was the biggest kick in the balls and slap in the face to all who have sacrificed so much over the last 3 months.

Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

PBP really have nothing to offer, have they?

They are so populist its untrue. Latching on to a guys death in America to make themselves relevant for another week or two.

They really leave a sour taste in the mouth.

NIMAN wrote: »

They are so populist its untrue. Latching on to a guys death in America to make themselves relevant for another week or two.

It chimes, you only need to add a "against trump" to anything these days and people latch onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dickie10 wrote: »
    guards should use tear gas and baton charge the protesters off the street

Water cannons... and send PBP the bill for the water :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

NIMAN wrote: »

Its actually infuriating that people (albeit a very small amount) vote for them.

Harris' statement pretty much sums him up. Vague, spineless and lacking any effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can't say you weren't warned
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113618447&postcount=1662

;)

You can be disgusted all you want, but this is the reality. The restrictions are being driven by the public mood. And the public mood is being manipulated by figures and warnings, but nevertheless it is the public mood that is deciding what the next course of action is.

There are, for instance, two chances of us not going to phase 2 on Monday. And some parts of it will be accelerated to Phase 3. Because that's where the public are and it's too late to change the public's minds now regardless of the number or cases.

Next week will begin a new information campaign to direct and fortify the public mood into respecting social distancing as fatigue has badly set in.

The other reality is that people who wish the Gardai could enforce restrictions by force and could lockdown the streets if necessary, are a minority. Most Irish people don't want a police force or a military that has the power to take control of the country.
    We know now for a fact that the people are firmly in control and our Government are in control by consent. Consent which can be removed at any time and the government are powerless to do anything about it.

Other countries cannot say the same, even democracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

owlbethere wrote: »
    I popped over to the people before profit Facebook page and I took a screenshot of their written piece in relation to these protests.

It starts of talking about what's behind the protesting in America and it goes into a little bit of detail. It says there's 2 reasons
    1) the Racism thing
    2) the people who died there from the coronavirus virus.

Their written piece ends by saying
    So let's stand with them and protest on Saturday the 6th of June.

I took screenshots and left them here.

I mean like, the absolute god damn fcuking fcukers that PBP and that written piece.

Let's march for the people who died in America of this virus, they say. No word for walking for those who died here at home and in Europe.

(please don't take notions now to out in large protest walks for the people who died. Not at this point in time anyways. Let all the virus sh1t blow over and then there probably will be a day to mark all those who died here at home and across Europe).

Soooo... they're honouring the people who died of Covid-19 in the US by spreading it here?

This country embarrasses me sometimes.

seamus wrote: »

That doesn't make it right. Alot feel seriously let down over this. Be very interesting to see the next polls. In a day they have undone so much good will

"Social Distance unless we happen to like the reason you arent"

IKEA should just re-open. I am sure the Public who want to get their homeware, or the GAA, as the public would love to see some matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 droimlis

I have never been so angry as I have been watching those thousands of vacuous virtue signallers marching through Dublin the other day, led by elected representatives. A rag tag bunch of the Ballsbridge bourgeoisie and anarchists slapping all of us in the face who have adhered to the restrictions for the last 3 months. Hundreds of thousands of us have not been able to attend funerals, visit loved ones, go to work, play our games, yet these right-on clowns can do what they like. Then we have our Taoiseach championing them on Twitter. No word from Micheál Martin or other political leaders. It's a sham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

MOH wrote: »
    Soooo... they're honouring the people who died of Covid-19 in the US by spreading it here?

This country embarrasses me sometimes.

Sums up all the crazy alright.

If the Americans protesting/rioting over the covid19 deaths really cared for those who died, they would stay at home or at least stop with the mass gatherings. America is a basket case and we can't change what's wrong in America.

droimlis wrote: »
    I have never been so angry as I have been watching those thousands of vacuous virtue signallers marching through Dublin the other day, led by elected representatives. A rag tag bunch of the Ballsbridge bourgeoisie and anarchists slapping all of us in the face who have adhered to the restrictions for the last 3 months. Hundreds of thousands of us have not been able to attend funerals, visit loved ones, go to work, play our games, yet these right-on clowns can do what they like. Then we have our Taoiseach championing them on Twitter. No word from Micheál Martin or other political leaders. It's a sham

An absolute spineless shower...

And what about SF on this, have the 'biggest' party come out and made any statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm honestly gonna lose my **** if these protests result in more cases of this virus - the vast majority of people have really done their bit over the last 12 weeks and just when it seems like things might start getting back to some level of normality, you have these absolute idiots taking to the streets in their hundreds and nobody stopping them :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It's a bit like the advice on planes where you should put on your air mask first before helping your child.

If these protestors are genuine then they should try and help Ireland first by dealing with the Covid-19 situation before they try and fix deep rooted issues in an entirely other country thousands of miles away.

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm honestly gonna lose my **** if these protests result in more cases of this virus - the vast majority of people have really done their bit over the last 12 weeks and just when it seems like things might start getting back to some level of normality, you have these absolute idiots taking to the streets in their hundreds and nobody stopping them :mad::mad:

No blame whatsoever lies with the morons protesting. You cannot legislate for these types people.

The blame lies with the government and elected officials and political commentators who remain shamefully quiet on all this, and this quietness is not only not condemning, but it is actively encouraging future moronic protests and breaches....their lack of condemnation is complicitness'.

Advertisement