Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay at Pump Petrol Stations

Options
  • 15-03-2020 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Which petrol stations in Waterford have pay at Pump facilities?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Maxol on the cork road and dunmore road do,and there's a garage out in kilmeaden,not sure about any others in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Citroen commercial garage on the airport road does that I think, someone else might confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

The Citroen commercial garage on the airport road does that I think, someone else might confirm.

They do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Do Tesco? I only bought petrol there a couple of times and I know they have the pumps, but last time the pay-at-pump thing wasn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BluLuna

Excellent thank you allðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Question re: these type of pumps.

Normally if you say you'll take e50 and only can fit in e45, your card would get refunded the difference.

I did this 2 days ago and still no refund.....any possibility it ain't coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

JohnC. wrote: »
    Do Tesco? I only bought petrol there a couple of times and I know they have the pumps, but last time the pay-at-pump thing wasn't working.

They did alright. I havent seen them working in ages though in saying that it has been a while since i tried Tesco. Jone's oil is where i usually go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

NIMAN wrote: »

Normally if you say you'll take e50 and only can fit in e45, your card would get refunded the difference.

I doubt it. Good question though. Never thought of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I wouldn't worry about 2 days. It could take several.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

They usually do, but it might take a few days before it shows up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

usually there's a sign explaining this.

When you use a credit card it pre-authorises a certain amount before you start filling. Then the actual amount you take is charged. The pre-auth stays for a couple of days as a pending transaction and then falls off.

Despite 24/7 technology, cards still work on a 5 day cycle, so anything done on a friday shows as pending until processed early on Monday. With today being a bank holiday, the pre-auth may not show til tomorrow, though I would have thought it would have shown late yesterday

Advertisement