Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Planter for Euonymus japonicus (Japanese spindle)

Options
  • 15-03-2020 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

I have a 1 metre tall Euonymus japonicus (Japanese spindle) in a plastic pot which has about 7 inches depth of soil in it. Plant in perfect health.

If I moved the plant into a concrete planter (as shown in attachment) would holes be required to be drilled in the bottom of it? Or would the plant be okay without this?

There is also 7 inches of depth within this planter.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

You will definitely need to drill drainage holes. Waterlogged soil will kill the plant eventually. I'd be more concerned about the shape of the container. Most pots/planters are either square or circular and transferring it to a different shaped one may cause it to shake/rock in the wind. Difficult to tell how big that planter is though but generally you should move a plant into a new container that is just a little bigger than the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Smythe

Thanks lottpaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Drill holes in it and wire the tree into it. Google potting a bonsai tree . Can be done just alot more awkward with a bigger tree.

Advertisement