Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP - the perfect recession-proof income?

Options
  • 15-03-2020 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Full time LL here.
    As so many people are now measuring the potential effects on their income over the coming months, I’ve realised that the only rental I consider to be a risk is the one that is a family with traditional income jobs.
    All other rentals are in some form of government rental assistance programme (Fas, HAP, permanent disability).

I’ve been surmising if HAP the ultimate hedge against income drops in a recession ... it’ll arrive every month, as long as the tenant pays their quite small contributions. I have excellent tenants and excellent relationships with them, yet at the moment I’m feeling far more secure in the HAP ones.

(I don’t mean rental price drops btw, when the gov may drop their contributions in line with market falls, that’s just the ebb and flow of the market).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sk8board wrote: »
    as long as the tenant pays their quite small contributions
    It comes down to this. If you want guaranteed rent, look at the 10/20 year lettings.

Advertisement