Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in pain all the time

• 15-03-2020 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

hi all
    not sure what forum this belongs in, but here goes
    dealing with sciatica since before christmas, i was on difene, currently with my parents, living, and my dad in particular is against medication, so last week when I was at the doctor, i asked if there was anything similar, that wouldn't be so hard on my stomach, although health wise, perhaps the right thing to do, pain wise it was not
    I'm getting only temporary relief from the meds i was switched onto, I've just taken the last of them now, my mum just said we're out, I now have to phone the gp tomorrow, and wait 2 days most likely, for them to fill the prescription, yesterday and this morning, I've been in such pain with spasms in both legs that they tremble when first getting up, and I've been in tears. It hasn't been this bad since before christmas. I think people are starting to loose patience with me
    I know we can't go out much anyway just now, I have not, and had not been, outside my house in 3 months anyway, way before covid19 thing started, but the being in pain all the time, is really starting to get me down
    I sleep on a fold-up bed in my parent's front room, I realise there is no other option just now
    I'm scared of writing too much more here, in case I'm identifiable, just, wondering, has anyone else had this level of sciatica, and what did you do? How did you get better?
    I'm lying down at the moment, and the pain is in my legs and foot on one side, and my leg only on the other. On both sides, its my hips as well.
    I know this is probably the wrong forum, but please, any advice, as being in pain, and feeling I've exhausted all options is really scaring me if I'm honest
    I don't know what to do, and just feel like I have no quality of life
    Thanks in advance, anyone who reads and responds, also, I have tried neuromuscular therapy, and do physiotherapy exercises I was given at the hospital, i honestly am at my whits end

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Mod note:

As per the site rules, requesting medical advice is not permitted in this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement