Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a House Dublin Facebook

Options
  • 15-03-2020 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

I seen these on Facebook from GAA clubs the past while. €100 for a ticket to win a €400,000 house! It’s not a scam either as people say as it was recently won a few weeks ago and was on RTÉ News.

I just bought myself a ticket, I’m 26 and just can not afford a house at the minute. Hopefully some luck comes my way! Has anyone bought these tickets ? Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,565 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How many tickets are for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

How many tickets are for sale?

15,000 but the draw will still go ahead even if they don’t sell all tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mr.S wrote: »
    Surely there are tax implications if you “win” and the house is gifted to you, right?

I think all competition winnings are tax free like the lotto, winning streak etc

Can't imagine this is any different

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

Mr.S wrote: »
    Surely there are tax implications if you “win” and the house is gifted to you, right?

Well no, it’s a raffle. They would have all the paperwork in order and are holding a raffle, no gifts.

There has been loads of these over the last few years.
    I have a ticket for a draw in May for a house in maynooth. Some wexford GAA club.
    They also have draws earlier for different things.... I won 2 nights b&b & an evening meal in a 5 star hotel from an early draw.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

15,000 but the draw will still go ahead even if they don’t sell all tickets

Youd be better off putting the €100 on a 3 legged donkey to win at cheltenham at 15,000 to 1. The odds are the same.

Just to be clear, Im not encouraging you to do so.

Someone behind all this probably gives €50k to the club and soends maybe 20k advertising it. But even if only 10k tickets are sold, they are making out like bandits

I seen these on Facebook from GAA clubs the past while. €100 for a ticket to win a €400,000 house! It’s not a scam either as people say as it was recently won a few weeks ago and was on RTÉ News.

I just bought myself a ticket, I’m 26 and just can not afford a house at the minute. Hopefully some luck comes my way! Has anyone bought these tickets ? Good luck!

The last raffle I was at was very interesting because the people that ran the raffle actually won it! So its not unusual for that to happen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

ronoc wrote: »
    The last raffle I was at was very interesting because the people that ran the raffle actually won it! So its not unusual for that to happen..

From what I read, the person who won a house on these compitions was already a homeowner and wanted to rent his own house and keep the winning house. As mean as I'm going to sound, it put me off these compitions. I genuinely can't afford a home and I don't have 100quid to be chancing but fair play to anyone that enters them. Good luck anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

lcstress2012, I agree with you in the same boat here. Maybe you could turn this thread into a win your house raffles thread/discussion where we can all post links to ones we find on the internet to maximise our chances. Ireland and worldwide maybe (e.g. Win your home in London etc.)

Terms state that the win your house in Dublin one is open worldwide so I feel like you’d expect to see less and less Irish winners given the scale of the raffle the while world are competing over one home still good luck to everyone we all deserve a bit of luck in these hard times.

Best, P

Advertisement