Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were in Templebar last night..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

All Horse Racing from tomorrow in the UK will go ahead but will be closed to spectators.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

I'm glad I got to see that before it was removed, I'm all enlightened now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I work in an area of essential service (not healthcare thank fuq). A lot whom I work with can work from home but others can't. Those of us who have to come in can still do our bit.

The virus can't possibly be avoided one hundred per cent. But limiting it as much as possible is in our power.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Look at the inside cam. Party going strong.
    camera inside isn't working , thats a picture from 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

You just post a load of drivel thinking you know someone when you haven't a clue of them. Nothing. age/location/demographic/sex anything. This is incredibly ignorant and showing incredible ignorance.

Actually, I was posting on here showing my disgust at people who went to Cheltenham, other sporting events, crowded pubs and on holidays to tourist locations when there was obviously this ****storm on the horizon.

You then spouted ****e that people like me were scaremongering and that we had to accept that people like you wouldn't isolate.

I never claimed to know specifics about anyone based on anything apart from what they posted on here.

It is not "virtue signalling" to remind people that they need to do everything in their power to protect the vulnerable. It's common ****ing sense which sadly, is becoming less common the more I read

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

dd973 wrote: »
    Foogy Dew or Palace Bar aside I can't think of any Temple Bar pub with Irish people in it.

the vintage cocktail club maybe? (but its a bit out of the way)

Ironicname wrote: »
    Actually, I was posting on here showing my disgust at people who went to Cheltenham, other sporting events, crowded pubs and on holidays to tourist locations when there was obviously this ****storm on the horizon.

You then spouted ****e that people like me were scaremongering and that we had to accept that people like you wouldn't isolate.

I never claimed to know specifics about anyone based on anything apart from what they posted on here.

It is not "virtue signalling" to remind people that they need to do everything in their power to protect the vulnerable. It's common ****ing sense which sadly, is becoming less common the more I read
    And the anti vaccine ***** will be scaremongering their uneducated, impressionable, vulnerable followers into not getting the vaccine which will lead to unavoidable illness and death. That anti vax sh1t should be made illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jonybgud wrote: »
    I'm glad I got to see that before it was removed, I'm all enlightened now....

See what ??

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

cjmc wrote: »
    See what ??

A CT loony's 10 minute speech on 5G causing the Corona Virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What was open? Were all the restaurants/bar not shut?

I drove up Camden St around 10pm and all bar Eddie Rockets and Wow Burger was closed.

UK still going ahead with concerts last night anyway as I see photos being posted of the James Arthur gig at the Manchester Arena.

Horse Racing still on over there too, although could be closed to spectators as Navan was on Sunday.

Molly Malones were open apparently. They're getting hammered over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shuhada Davitt

Dublin City Council are still packing out their petri dish offices with non-essential work being carried out.

friend in there said there's only sanitiser at the main doors and then just "good luck to ya" in the office.

way more than 100 people in close proximity doing completely non-essential stuff, yet they closed the motor tax office down which is clearly way more important than the conservation of old buildings or the running of events that arent happening or the parks department worrying about trees....

they're thinking wtf about being there when everywhere else is being responsible and closing down.

i wonder is it just civil servants that are left in pointless offices now, or what?

the pubs would be empty and safer than an office environment like that..

Molly Malones were open apparently. They're getting hammered over it.

Friend just told me Gallagher's Boxty House was open also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Friend just told me Gallagher's Boxty House was open also.

Video of Molly Malones here

https://twitter.com/gearoidmurphy_/status/1239337633882529792

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Raconteuse wrote: »
    And the anti vaccine ***** will be scaremongering their uneducated, impressionable, vulnerable followers into not getting the vaccine which will lead to unavoidable illness and death. That anti vax sh1t should be made illegal.

You sure you aren't a North Korean government minister?.

You are so desperately keen on hardcore fascism.

You don't want anyone with an opinion different to yours.
    You don't want people to even have the ability to refuse vaccines they must be poisoned oops vaccinated?.

You want the 'anti vax' made illegal whatever the hell that means. I'm not too sure on these vacuous buzz words by millennial kids these days, they are so incredibly vague and ambiguous but you want to make what exactly illegal people who disagree with you?.

Sieg Heil!.

What dope decided to tell their gullible misfortunate followers that a condemnation of allowing children to contract serious/potentially lethal but avoidable illnesses is fascism?

And where did I say I have a problem with people merely disagreeing with me. That's another line that that crowd like to throw out to discredit people.

And only millennials are critical of the dangerous anti vaccinations movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What an absolute eejit that bouncer is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭pgj2015

i dont know why that bouncer is getting $hit, he is just doing his job,I doubt he made the decision to keep the pub open. I cant stand the type of people who make videos like that, then go running to upload it waiting for all the pats on the back.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    What dope decided to tell their gullible misfortunate followers that a condemnation of allowing children to contract serious/potentially lethal but avoidable illnesses is fascism?

And where did I say I have a problem with people merely disagreeing with me. That's another line that that crowd like to throw out to discredit people.

And only millennials are critical of the dangerous anti vaccinations movement?

Followers?. LOL.

I'm not a cult leader buddy.

If you read your first sentence grammatically it doesn't make sense.

What an absolute eejit that bouncer is.

Let's condemn a man doing his job yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

A bouncer telling a pedestrian on the street not to use a camera (legal activity) is NOT doing his job. He didnt have to like it but should have kept his mouth shut, instead he drew attention on himself.

• Advertisement

Let's condemn a him for acting the maggot.

Cineworld ony limiting screenings to 100 seats:

https://twitter.com/cineworld/status/1239227237381046273

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I flew out to Dubai last Thursday. I checked the position of both governments, my airline and my travel insurance company before I left and none advised against travelling.

Now it looks like I might not be able to get back in.

People being judgemental of those who have recently gone on holidays (to places where the infection isn’t widespread) should remember most governments only introduced drastic measures over the weekend.

I followed the best advice available. It’s not my fault it was bad advice.

A bouncer telling a pedestrian on the street not to use a camera (legal activity) is NOT doing his job. He didnt have to like it but should have kept his mouth shut, instead he drew attention on himself.

why make such a big deal out of what the bouncer did or said, some bouncers do a lot worse every weekend, some people just want everyone punished for any little thing they do. caroline flack ended up killing herself over online abuse.

You are so desperately keen on hardcore fascism.

****ing hell. Did I read that the ban of attacking the poster not the post has been temporarily lifted? If it hasn't, I don't think I can reply.
    If you read your first sentence grammatically it doesn't make sense.

Ironic that someone misusing the term fascism is a grammar nazi.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    why make such a big deal out of what the bouncer did or said, some bouncers do a lot worse every weekend, some people just want everyone punished for any little thing they do. caroline flack ended up killing herself over online abuse.
    Leave it out will you.

Leave it out will you.

No I wont. yer man saying the pub being open was spreading coronavirus, how does he know anyone in the pub has it? he shouldnt have said that the ejit. there were hundreds of pubs open in Ireland last night, why is this one pub getting so much stick over being open?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

pgj2015 wrote: »

I don't know who caroline flack is and tbh nor do i care, i fail to see how it is online abuse to point out that this particular bouncer stepped outside of his role, was threatening and passively abusive (by using strobe effect on led torch, a defensive mechanism) to a pedestrian who was taking a video in public.

pgj2015 wrote:

I was one of the people who was disgusted by Caroline flacks treatment by the media.

Her actions were a private matter which concerned her and her partner. As she was in the media spotlight, I agree the facts should have been printed as it was somewhat of interest to the public as she was a celebrity.

The speculation was disgraceful.

However this does not prevent me for holding people accountable for their actions.

The bouncer deserves condemnation for his actions as do the people who crowded the pub.

This is not a private matter. This is a very very serious public health risk. The bouncer stated that the camera man shouldn't worry because he wasn't going to catch it because he wasn't in there.

The bouncer, the punters and the establishment deserve to be held accountable for their actions.

To compare this and to say that we should #bekind to them because of Caroline flack is pathetic

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote:
    No I wont. yer man saying the pub being open was spreading coronavirus, how does he know anyone in the pub has it? he shouldnt have said that the ejit. there were hundreds of pubs open in Ireland last night, why is this one pub getting so much stick over being open?

Jesus Christ. The pub was increasing the chances of spreading coronavirus. Why wouldn't the man say it?

You don't seem to care or realise how serious this is. If you don't care, then fair enough but if you don't realise, then educate yourself for **** sake.

The reason this pub is being spoken about is because we have video footage and because the pub owners in temple bar all agreed to close and this one went rogue as far as I know. (Open to correction)

I feel the same about any bar that opened last night to gouge the last few sheckles from arseholes willing to put people at risk for the sake of one last night out.

Advertisement