Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus Clare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

MarkR wrote: »
    Do you have any source for that?

Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Balagan1

Calls for discussions on reality of Covid in Schools opening very belatedly.

Teachers Union of Ireland General Secretary Michael Gillespie was on radio with Claire Byrne this morning discussing teachers' serious concerns around health and safety. Worth a listen on RTE Radio Playback.

And this from yesterday

Primary teachers' union calls for details of incidence of Covid-19 in schools
    Updated / Monday, 19 Oct 2020 14:43

The primary teachers' union INTO has called for the publication of a detailed breakdown of the incidence of Covid-19 in schools amid what it said is increasing concern that public health measures to protect teachers are inadequate.

The union wants the exact number of school staff who have tested positive since September to be published with a breakdown by job and school type.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1019/1172454-teachers-schools-coronavirus/

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I can't see that getting past the Data Protection Officer. They can't release personally identifying information. Unless they just did it by county area or something. Sorry, thought it was by school requested at first.

Has anyone had a test done recently? Son had to have a test yesterday, and the HSE website says most people get the results within 3 days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My father in law had 1 done and the results came back about 48 hours later, I think 3 days is the max. Enjoy the isolation while ye wait for the results............

• Advertisement

Up to 84 people in Clare who received positive Covid test over the weekend are receiving phone calls "over the coming days" from the HSE asking them to contact their close contacts and tell them to contact their GPs. Country wide, around 2,500 people receiving similar calls.
    http://www.clare.fm/news/coronavirus/84-clare-people-tested-positive-alert-close-contacts/

Another utter shambles from the HSE.

And we take its word for it that the schools are absolutely fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Clareman wrote: »
    My father in law had 1 done and the results came back about 48 hours later, I think 3 days is the max. Enjoy the isolation while ye wait for the results............

Also enjoy the isolation even after you get the results, including negative. The HSE says the following below
    If you were tested because you are a close contact and have no symptoms, you should continue to restrict your movements for 14 days. Even though your test result is 'not detected' (negative), you could still have the virus. It can take up to 14 days for the virus to show up in your system after you have been exposed to it.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/test-results.html

My son got tested because he coughed a couple of times in school. Pretty sure it's his usual cough he gets. Hopefully he'll get a negative soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Balagan1 wrote: »
    Up to 84 people in Clare who received positive Covid test over the weekend are receiving phone calls "over the coming days" from the HSE asking them to contact their close contacts and tell them to contact their GPs. Country wide, around 2,500 people receiving similar calls.
    http://www.clare.fm/news/coronavirus/84-clare-people-tested-positive-alert-close-contacts/

Another utter shambles from the HSE.

And we take its word for it that the schools are absolutely fine!

Schools are absolutely fine I can tell you that, they have procedures in place to protect every person that walk through their doors, the issue I have is we are at level 5 and we will have 1.1 million kids and 70,000 or so teachers travelling to and from school, lots of teachers don't live in the same areas that they teach in so will have to travel quite a bit, not saying we should close schools but that's a lot of people moving around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

My son got tested because he coughed a couple of times in school. Pretty sure it's his usual cough he gets. Hopefully he'll get a negative soon.

same as our son

woke up with a cough - advise from school was get him tested or wait until cough gone.

rang GP at 3pm, test following morning at 9am, results at 9am two days later.

Very impressed with the procedures in place from the school, GP, testing and turn around - seem less and well thought out to reduce the incidence in schools

Not anything like the banana republic with steaming cess pits of infection some would have you believe the schools are.

• Advertisement

mitresize5 wrote: »
    same as our son

woke up with a cough - advise from school was get him tested or wait until cough gone.

rang GP at 3pm, test following morning at 9am, results at 9am two days later.

Very impressed with the procedures in place from the school, GP, testing and turn around - seem less and well thought out to reduce the incidence in schools

Not anything like the banana republic with steaming cess pits of infection some would have you believe the schools are.

Virus outbreaks in schools rise for second week running
    Updated / Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020 17:06

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1021/1173019-coronavirus-schools-figures/

Anyone interested and following the story of the schools and documented Covid cases will know that these figures are way too conservative and in no way representative of the true figures, with Clare appearing depressingly often. Fergal Bowers in his report on the 6pm RTE News just referred to this documented source run by parents and he quoted the figure from that source at around 700 cases in schools. We need to wake up.

Good news, clear results. Just a little over 30 hours from swab to text.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

[/B]

Virus outbreaks in schools rise for second week running
    Updated / Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020 17:06

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1021/1173019-coronavirus-schools-figures/

Anyone interested and following the story of the schools and documented Covid cases will know that these figures are way too conservative and in no way representative of the true figures, with Clare appearing depressingly often. Fergal Bowers in his report on the 6pm RTE News just referred to this documented source run by parents and he quoted the figure from that source at around 700 cases in schools. We need to wake up.

700 cases in over 3000 schools that were "brought in to the schools"

There have been only 83 outbreaks in over 3000 schools, meaning only 83 proven related cases

Not bad stats there to be fair
    An outbreak is when two or more linked cases of the virus are identified.

mamax wrote: »
    700 cases in over 3000 schools that were "brought in to the schools"

There have been only 83 outbreaks in over 3000 schools, meaning only 83 proven related cases

Not bad stats there to be fair

You reduced even the hilariously conservative 'official' figure contained in the RTE report yesterday which stated

The total number of outbreaks in schools so far is 118.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Right folks,

I know it's a topic that's impacting us all but the regional forums aren't the place for discussing larger issues like COVID in schools, there's a dedicated COVID secion on boards, can I ask that we can back on track and keep the discussion limited to just Clare specific stuff please.

Interesting article about Covid cases among traveller communities in Clare, Limerick, and Tipperary.

https://www.clareecho.ie/100-covid-19-cases-among-traveller-community-in-clare-limerick-tipp-in-last-two-weeks/

100 cases among them seems awfully high. Must have swept through like wildfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Interesting article about Covid cases among traveller communities in Clare, Limerick, and Tipperary.

https://www.clareecho.ie/100-covid-19-cases-among-traveller-community-in-clare-limerick-tipp-in-last-two-weeks/

Larger families smaller homes makes it more likely. Probably mainly Ennis and around that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

:( no connection to Clare Echo

I think the site was down earlier today because I got a error as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Clareman wrote: »
    I think the site was down earlier today because I got a error as well

Accessible now, thanks

• Advertisement

Going up again from the 18 of yesterday and the previous 5 cases.

30 new COVID-19 cases in Clare
    Published on 23/10/2020 in Covid-19/Home/News by Páraic McMahon

https://www.clareecho.ie/30-new-covid-19-cases-in-clare/

Gardaí Gardaí are urging Clare motorists on essential journeys not to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs this Bank Holiday weekend.

http://www.clare.fm/news/clare-gardai-urge-motorists-essential-journeys-not-drive-influence/

Just in case this restriction got lost in all the others, I guess!!!!!

Gardaí Gardaí are urging Clare motorists on essential journeys not to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs this Bank Holiday weekend.

http://www.clare.fm/news/clare-gardai-urge-motorists-essential-journeys-not-drive-influence/

Just in case this restriction got lost in all the others, I guess!!!!!

Alcohol and most other drugs aren't good for Covid either.

The Clare Herald now running a good easy access to updated Covid figures, including Clare. Sixty-five new cases reported last evening.
    http://clareherald.com/2021/01/latest-covid-19-information-and-updates-81919/

Clare hasn't been doing too bad but expect a spill over from the surge from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

saabsaab wrote: »
    Clare hasn't been doing too bad but expect a spill over from the surge from Limerick.

169 cases today, not good.

(652 in limerick today, really not good)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Wish more people had decided not to travel for Christmas. Looking at my Facebook feed a lot got home from the UK despite the travel restrictions. I didn't personally know anybody had Covid till last week now there are several. Hopefully this lockdown is effective as the October one and things tail off a bit but I don't know..

I think some people lost the run of themselves. My local gym closed up a little before christmas after a positive case. I heard that, while one of them was waiting on a covid test response, they had a "room party" in a local hotel, and three of them wound up getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

I think some people lost the run of themselves. My local gym closed up a little before christmas after a positive case. I heard that, while one of them was waiting on a covid test response, they had a "room party" in a local hotel, and three of them wound up getting it.

The Girl in question should be named and shamed and im sure the Gym Manager wont be impressed they had to close up over this .. she was waiting on result and went to local hotel and spent most of evening in Bar /Lounge and then had room party later that night.

• Advertisement

afro man wrote: »
    The Girl in question should be named and shamed and im sure the Gym Manager wont be impressed they had to close up over this .. she was waiting on result and went to local hotel and spent most of evening in Bar /Lounge and then had room party later that night.

I hadn't heard any more than what I'd said. It is disappointing.

Advertisement