Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Aggred-Changing Solicitors

Options
  • 15-03-2020 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi all

So went sale aggreed on Tuesday and when I did the auctioneer asked who my solictor was, when I panicked and said my local Solicitors.

Got his quote and when I compared against another recommonded one nearly 600euro in the difference !!!!

I rang the auctioneer but he said he posted something out to the local expensive Solicitors, waiting to see can they match the price the other quote I got.

Do ye think its too late to change? nothing signed with so far.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Perfectly entitled to change. But, bear in mind that when you hear people with no knowledge of the conveyancing process or property law giving out about their solicitor it's usually because they prioritised low cost over confidence in ability to provide the service they're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

DaraDali wrote: »
    Hi all

So went sale aggreed on Tuesday and when I did the auctioneer asked who my solictor was, when I panicked and said my local Solicitors.

Got his quote and when I compared against another recommonded one nearly 600euro in the difference !!!!

I rang the auctioneer but he said he posted something out to the local expensive Solicitors, waiting to see can they match the price the other quote I got.

Do ye think its too late to change? nothing signed with so far.

No issue in changing solicitors. They haven’t done anything yet.

However don’t focus alone on cost but rather the service. Some solicitors who do a really low rate you hear people complain they don’t take calls or respond to emails. And they may not for a low price.

Make sure the solicitor knows conveyance, you like them and at this moment that they are good with emails etc because it may be a lot of that going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Thanks to you both for asking the question, going with the cheaper offer for a few reasons, but mainly she is the Solicitors for the company I work for, my boss recommened her and asked for the quote,

I honestly think she will do an amazing job,

Advertisement