Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

tigger123 wrote: »
    1 HOUR UNTIL COMPLETE LOCKDOWN AND THE MILITARY WELD YOU INTO YOUR SHED

I don’t have a shed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I know you are being sarky but no time for that, some people will take it seriously, cop on.

Exactly. These posts are about as helpful as the rumours themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Just ban the word lockdown. It's meaningless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

gabeeg wrote: »
    Yep. Also the supermarkets won't shut, but everything else is likely to at some stage - so we're to Smyth's today to buy our 10 month old son is first birthday present, just in case.

Its the Russia has apparently no cases that has got me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Jin luk wrote: »
    Nope 11am was the post on fb my missus was told by management their would be an annoucment regarding customer numbers and opening hours also state services enforcing it at 8am a poster whos othee half works in tesco was also told the same.

Go on keep posting utter rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I don’t have a shed?

Mass grave for you then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Nermal wrote: »
    This cannot be defeated with lockdowns. The low-risk population need to get infected, and as quick a rate as possible in such a way that deaths are minimised - not eliminated, minimised.

You agree with Sir Patrick Vallance (herd Immunity).
    I must say, I'm beginning to agree .....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I don’t have a shed?

You will be provided with a shed prior to lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

You'd wonder do some people have their heads in the clouds or are too stupid to get how much things have changed-

Got one of those dodgy leaflets in door for clothes collection later in week.

I got one of those too.

Wont be touching it. Might just set it on fire in the letter box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Does Coveny and vardkar think the public is crash test dummies

Serious information vacuum here

Agree, they need to start giving much more specific information as to where clusters of positive tests are found. No names needed but I'd like to know if our local town or village say was a hotspot, so we would be extra careful. This business of advising of cases as in the 'east, south or west etc' is useless.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Clocks change on the 29th March. 1 hour of extra light in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

pjohnson wrote: »
    Gotta say for a "HSE Worker" at a time where health staff are generally very busy you seem to be spending most of your time either travelling, drinking or shíteposting on boards.

So either the vast majority of health staff are lying about being busy or you are unemployed.

I think I know which is more likely.

I can post a recent payslip if that would please you. I couldn't give a rats what you think is likely. Also, I've never said I was health staff. I said I worked for the HSE.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Its the Russia has apparently no cases that has got me

Hmmm....63 cases. :rolleyes:

They quarantined people coming into the country from the start (AFAIK).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Where would you quarantined all those people. Where would you have got all the people to monitor these people on an ongoing basis and why 4/6 weeks

4/6 weeks ago, self isolate and regular testing ttill they fine or positive.

It wouldnt be my job to figure that out, Id leave it up to the relevent depts! Or just copy sigapore taiwan etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Agree, they need to start giving much more specific information as to where clusters of positive tests are found. No names needed but I'd like to know if our local town or village say was a hotspot, so we would be extra careful. This business of advising of cases as in the 'east, south or west etc' is useless.

It shouldn’t matter. You’re supposed to behave as if you are infected. Hotspot or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I don’t have a shed?

ill lend you one of mine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

tigger123 wrote: »
    1 HOUR UNTIL COMPLETE LOCKDOWN AND THE MILITARY WELD YOU INTO YOUR SHED

How do they weld timber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

How did u do this? I could do this also, might distract me from my anxieties.

I work in the Civil Service. HR sent an email around this morning looking for volunteers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Loads of cases in Dublin 2 according to my sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Day 2 of the lockdown here in Spain, I think I'm going a bit mad. I used to love going for a walk everyday and getting a bit of exercise, I'm becoming a bit frustrated that I can't. I think I will go to the supermarket the next time as my girlfriend went the last time, just to get some fresh air. I see where the minister of transport has come out and said that it will be extended. I wonder when they will stop flights coming into Spain as the Brits yesterday in Benidorm were causing trouble. I hope the police work the batons on them if they disobey again.

• Advertisement

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Loads of cases in Dublin 2 according to my sources.

FFS! Source of your sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Paddigol

alastair wrote: »
    It shouldn’t matter. You’re supposed to behave as if you are infected. Hotspot or not.

You'd think people would grasp that straight away, but no, there's no limit to the bounds of idiocy it would seem. Off to the shops panic buying and sharing WhatsApp hysteria instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Boggles wrote: »
    Any further lockdown will come with notice I imagine.

My advice is instead of pasta, go get some DIY stuff, paint etc.

There will be long days ahead that will need filling. Tackle the jobs that you have been putting off.

OH works in a builders providers, she can't believe how many people are buying whole bathroom suites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

DOCARCH wrote: »
    FFS! Source of your sources?

His username :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Day 2 of the lockdown here in Spain, I think I'm going a bit mad. I used to love going for a walk everyday and getting a bit of exercise, I'm becoming a bit frustrated that I can't. I think I will go to the supermarket the next time as my girlfriend went the last time, just to get some fresh air. I see where the minister of transport has come out and said that it will be extended. I wonder when they will stop flights coming into Spain as the Brits yesterday in Benidorm were causing trouble. I hope the police work the batons on them if they disobey again.

Are you not allowed to go out for a walk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Is cork open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Clusters in Tesco, Aldi, Dunnes, Lidl, Spar ...

Wherever people gather in clusters, transmission is obviously possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

gabeeg wrote: »
    Yep. Also the supermarkets won't shut, but everything else is likely to at some stage - so we're to Smyth's today to buy our 10 month old son is first birthday present, just in case.

Happy birthday to the wee one gabeeg

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

Maybe if we had Dev in charge! ;).

Mick would be better, his accent alone would give solace to the nation like. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Will there really a need for the army to aid in a lockdown?? You would swear Ireland will turn into a bunch of savages running amok on the streets just because we have been told to stay in.
    The amount of people who don't adhere to a lockdown will be tiny and you can nearly guarantee where abouts it will happen

If the weekend is anything to go by there is. Plus there is also the talk of releasing low risk prisoners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Revenue have more or less said that staff will be redeployed to ensure critical business needs are met across the wider public service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

They need to send out text messages to every phone on our networks. With the current guidelines etc. There are people out there that dont read news etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

1641 wrote: »
    The Medical Council have issued guidance to doctors on prioritising treatment:

"Patients with the best chance of survival are to be prioritised as coronavirus overwhelms the health service, even where families disagree, the Medical Council has told doctors.

“In making decisions based on the principle of prioritising the use of scarce resources to treat those patients most likely to survive, more lives are likely to be preserved,” it has said."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-patients-with-best-chance-of-survival-to-be-prioritised-1.4203716

Some info present in this internal memo regarding the preparations for reorganizing hospitals, treatments and the pulling of life supporting measures when overloaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Omackeral wrote: »
    Revised it to 8am last night but sure I dunno what to believe anymore.

Don’t believe everything you read on WhatsApp, pal, might be a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Also, I've never said I was health staff. I said I worked for the HSE.

Holy hell. This does not instill confidence in the HSE.

Please tell me you're the tea boy or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,082 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I too was annoyed at the vagueness of the '5 cases in the west' & '10 cases in the East' messages, at the start.

But I think the reasoning behind it is to keep people vigilant and to not think that they do not have to practice social distancing and hand washing etc just because the cases are not in their town or locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭pawdee

Clocks change on the 29th March. 1 hour of extra light in the evenings.

Christmas is in the door to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭solidasarock

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Revenue have more or less said that staff will be redeployed to ensure critical business needs are met across the wider public service.

Would love to know what critical needs NEED to be met and if this isnt just a excuse to keep people busy instead of keeping them safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I don’t have a shed?

Everyone will get a shed airlifted to them.

I don’t have a shed?
    :eek: Get down to B&Q now #panicbuysheds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Are you not allowed to go out for a walk ?

No, there were people who were using their dog as a way of going for a walk but that has also been stopped. They have also began to fine people and you can also be put in jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I can post a recent payslip if that would please you. I couldn't give a rats what you think is likely. Also, I've never said I was health staff. I said I worked for the HSE.

If you don't give a ****e why would you go to the bother of scanning something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

walshb wrote: »
    A lot more testing will be going ahead according to reports. Are we looking at high 40s today, maybe high 50s for positives today?

Figures are irrelevant at this stage. What we need to see is the plateau and then drop off of new cases, whatever level that is. Months away I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

At this stage what does it matter. Just assume it is everywhere and act accordingly.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    You will be provided with a shed prior to lockdown.

Community shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Jin luk wrote: »
    Fair enough point but that would make more sense back in the spanish flu, their would be so much travel between the 2 nations same as here as we are an island too?

Did you say your other half, or someone's other half, works in Tesco and were told of the imminent lockdown? Are you just barefaced lying or making things up for the craic?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Is cork open?

Just looked out my window to see two gardai cycle past. Street quiet otherwise. No zombies yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

When should lockdown effects start to show ?
    Fernando Simon was saying 10 days or so ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

New weekly reports expected from today should have that information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Does Coveny and vardkar think the public is crash test dummies

Serious information vacuum here

Coveny on the radio then saying WhatsApp rumours are nonsense

Jesus Christ, there's so much information coming from them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement