Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

fritzelly wrote: »
    He would say that, army is mobilising across Dublin right now, tanks and armored cars rolling down oconnell St as I type

Utter tripe

I'm in work in town today, nothing happening.

More bull**** being spread even here it seems

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

140k people lost their jobs?
    Damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it Irish Times or Irish Independent confirmed case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

I was talking to a buyer last night. The stocks are fine and the supply chain is fine. There is some lag time over very specific product (e.g. buttermilk) but the supermarkets are not going to run out of food. He is putting in very large orders every day. He did say that the supermarket staff are overworked and shattered. They've had to put up with a lot of 'Christmas Eves' in the past week. The panic buying was idiocy and shameful.

Hopefully settling down as people get used to the new reality. It's the dramatic announcements that panic people. So I would expect another round of toilet roll free for all later this week. And then settling again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If you have symptoms do you call 999 for the first responder testing? GPs dont seem to want you near them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gazzer wrote: »
    I work in the Civil Service. HR sent an email around this morning looking for volunteers

I haven't gotten anything like that.

Got an email about overtime rates, a circular regarding Waiver of Pension Abatement for frontline staff in the context of Covid-19 and circular about HSE National Collection of Daily Absense for Covid-19 (how you log sick leave if off with the virus).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Laois has begun to annex Carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Gael23 wrote: »
    If you have symptoms do you call 999 for the first responder testing? GPs dont seem to want you near them

You call your GP who will decide on refferal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

No you don't contact 999 or 112. Ring the GP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Utter tripe

e37.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He would say that, army is mobilising across Dublin right now, tanks and armored cars rolling down oconnell St as I type

We don't have any tanks for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

For the people suggesting shut everything... for how long? If it's for a prolonged period of time many people will lose their jobs, the social welfare system won't be able to cope and we end up with hundreds of thousands in poverty and how many will die then?

It's a cluster**** of a situation, I can see what the Brits are trying to do even though history may view it as monstrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Why what?
    He lives with his 2 kids and his wife who has a chronic long-term issue. Parents on both sides (who were there well within the 2 weeks incubation period. I thought maybe it'd be a good idea for him to be tested.
    Also, if we only test those with serious symptoms then we're going to end up with completely juked stats.

The downside to that is that it uses up resources just to do the testing and the end result is still "self-isolate".

Even if the test is negative and it's just a regular flu or cold maybe the same precautions should be taken anyway.

The stats have been completely juked since the beginning on this.
    We are told repeatedly that the majority of people have mild symptoms and some will even have no symptoms.

Yet we are still acting like reported cases are all of the cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Day 2 of the lockdown here in Spain, I think I'm going a bit mad. I used to love going for a walk everyday and getting a bit of exercise, I'm becoming a bit frustrated that I can't. I think I will go to the supermarket the next time as my girlfriend went the last time, just to get some fresh air. I see where the minister of transport has come out and said that it will be extended. I wonder when they will stop flights coming into Spain as the Brits yesterday in Benidorm were causing trouble. I hope the police work the batons on them if they disobey again.

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1166633465862905857?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Got an email about overtime rates, a circular regarding Waiver of Pension Abatement for frontline staff in the context of Covid-19 and circular about HSE National Collection of Daily Absense for Covid-19 (how you log sick leave if off with the virus).

I didnt get anything about volunteering either just the mail stating Revenue are talking to DPER about redploying staff and critical services being kept going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

They didn't get the memo that the parade was cancelled. Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

A friend, a real one at that, got redeployed to help with the HSE helpline, so things like this are happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

No you don't contact 999 or 112. Ring the GP

Is there any point overwhelming GPS with calls at this stage

The info is out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

On Pat Kenny now it is saying that there was children doing group training. Didn't the IRFU not contact all the clubs about training?

kowloon wrote: »
    If you don't give a ****e why would you go to the bother of scanning something?

Online payslips in the HSE baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Nope - https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/ireland/leinster/dublin/dublin-o-connell-street.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Simdruid

There is some lag time over very specific product (e.g. buttermilk)

In case anyone desperately needs buttermilk, can't get it but can get milk and lemons, just add some lemon juice to some milk and leave it to sit for a few mins, you'll get a decent buttermilk substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

One Australian supermarket chain announced the first hour of trading each day will be given to the elderly and people with disabilities. Which is only right. Every supermarket should follow suit.

The army doesn't have tanks

Can someone confirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Utter tripe

At least you checked, beyond the iq of most WhatsApp users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

When should lockdown effects start to show ?
    Fernando Simon was saying 10 days or so ....
    Man sounds like he's got the credentials. 4 weeks seems to be the outside limit to be able maintain it in a society.
    Here's a paper on quarantine effects.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673620304608

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I didnt get anything about volunteering either just the mail stating Revenue are talking to DPER about redploying staff and critical services being kept going

My consultant said that she thinks that outpatient clinics will more than likely be shut down soon. She's quite worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Simdruid

When should lockdown effects start to show ?
    Fernando Simon was saying 10 days or so ....

I think you'd have to wait for the incubation period for those already infected that don't know it to develop symptoms, and then a little bit more time to demonstrate less/lack of spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

this parade of social media posts about pubs closing is laughable
    jesus, they are like obituaries.

We get it, your closed, just like many other thousands of businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Myself and my friend are both stuck working from home and we were talking about going for a walk together at lunch time each day to get some air and get out of the house

Is this advisable or should we be walking alone if going out walking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Syncpolice wrote: »

Can someone confirm

Google it. All readily available information online.

Fact checking is an awful lot easier than people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Have a colleague who wo has been off since the middle of last week, texts in this morning saying she is getting tested today. Now this same woman took over 50 sick days last year, including 20 days after a minor day procedure. This year alone she has already taken 12 days off, claiming in January she had pneumonia but the facts just didn't add up, she frequently pulls sickies on a Fridays and on top of all that she's a lazy bítch but the director seems to have a blind spot where she's concerned. Most of us had her sussed within a couple months. Any advice on how to deal with this situation?

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Myself and my friend are both stuck working from home and we were talking about going for a walk together at lunch time each day to get some air and get out of the house

If youre already sharing a house ... walk together, stay away from others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Simdruid wrote: »
    In case anyone desperately needs buttermilk, can't get it but can get milk and lemons, just add some lemon juice to some milk and leave it to sit for a few mins, you'll get a decent buttermilk substitute.

Yuou can improvise Buttermilk with regular milk just past its best.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Nuts102 wrote: »

If you're living together then going for a walk together is no bigger risk, if your're not - Staying separate would make the most sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Seamai wrote: »
    Have a colleague who wo has been off since the middle of last week, texts in this morning saying she is getting tested today. Now this same woman took over 50 sick days last year, including 20 days after a minor day procedure. This year alone she has already taken 12 days off, claiming in January she had pneumonia but the facts just didn't add up, she frequently pulls sickies on a Friday and on top of all that she's a lazy bítch but the director seems to have a blind spot where she's concerned. Most of us had her sussed within a couple months. Any advice on how to deal with this situation?

Don't get involved. If she tests positive you will find out and go from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Try HSE Live
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/hselive/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The always informative and excellent Dr John. Been watching him since January, very good summary’s of what’s going on around the world. Also some really good practical videos.

Google it. All readily available information online.

Fact checking is an awful lot easier than people think.

You take everything literally then

You take everything literally then

Wut?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Once again every single person who shared the WhatsApp message, the story from the Garda friend or HSE friend, and posted your nonsense here should hang your head in shame. You’re being part of the problem with sharing misinformation.

I’d love to see the law change that in times of crisis that people who share fake news are also held accountable.

It would probably be far too much work for the mods here but it would be great to see any posts on this thread posted without being substantiated deleted.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/we-dont-expect-any-more-dramatic-messages-immediately-coveney-says-as-he-warns-to-ignore-social-media-rumours-988164.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Can someone confirm

Sure Britain can lend some..

Maybe even some manpower if you want as well...😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Christ I hope that's not true as I had read a while ago the Italian version isn't as deadly but the Wuhan one is wicked.

It is true that the sequence "from Cork is actually the same as the very earliest ones from Wuhan."

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112826792&postcount=973

https://nextstrain.org/ncov?f_country=Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

walshb wrote: »
    A lot more testing will be going ahead according to reports. Are we looking at high 40s today, maybe high 50s for positives today?

You were warned about this sort of pure speculation yesterday. Just cut it out and await the official figures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Have a colleague who wo has been off since the middle of last week, texts in this morning saying she is getting tested today. Now this same woman took over 50 sick days last year, including 20 days after a minor day procedure. This year alone she has already taken 12 days off, claiming in January she had pneumonia but the facts just didn't add up, she frequently pulls sickies on a Fridays and on top of all that she's a lazy bítch but the director seems to have a blind spot where she's concerned. Most of us had her sussed within a couple months. Any advice on how to deal with this situation?

Is it possible that she had an underlying illness that only management are aware of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Have a colleague who wo has been off since the middle of last week, texts in this morning saying she is getting tested today. Now this same woman took over 50 sick days last year, including 20 days after a minor day procedure. This year alone she has already taken 12 days off, claiming in January she had pneumonia but the facts just didn't add up, she frequently pulls sickies on a Friday and on top of all that she's a lazy bítch but the director seems to have a blind spot where she's concerned. Most of us had her sussed within a couple months. Any advice on how to deal with this situation?

Unfortunately, for this situation, the law protects sick people and it is very difficult to accuse her of spoofing without hard evidence. While assholes like her milk this protection (and do deserve bad karma IMO), it does hurt the morale of the other staff. Legal advice would be your best bet in order to deal with her. If you really wanted to, private investigators are legal and may assist with building a case against her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Me hole Martin sticking around like an ole fart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

OK. I am showing symptons of the virus and have been ringing the HSE contact number to try to arrange a test but have been put on hold for ages. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement