Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

tenor.gif

tumblr_okdoorT6Vm1w27jeoo1_400.gifv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Where are the army? They're 2 mins late

They're still deaf so missed the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Knex. wrote: »
    Can someone with medical knowledge tell me how to feel about this, please.

I have a medical PhD and work in the pharma industry (make of that what you will). My take is that it is promising, not least because they are orally administered drugs which makes it infinitely easier to use them on a large patient population. The two concerns (obviously based on that top-line article) are that (a) it still needs human trials which, even with the best will in the world, take time, and (b) it’s odd that such a seemingly promising treatment option is not being funded and they are asking for donations. Whatever about the pharma industry, if this is a realistic option why aren’t the Oz government all over it in terms of funding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

can the gov not give their best estimate about how long this is going to last...

They'd only be guessing like the rest of us. Only clear light at the end of the tunnel is a vaccine, and that's likely over a year away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Spain at 756 cases already today. Gonna be another bad day for them

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

It's best not to amplify, entertain or respond to fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So past 11 no lockdown. I wonder will those who were smug and say i told you so now come on and say they were conned that be from those her heard it of course the other should say yep i am a stirrer. Won't hold my breath

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

cjmc wrote: »
    Dr on radio 1 says our graph is exceeding Italy !!!

Dr says we are moving to South Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

someone said its the end of world on a whatsapp group Im in, Im not sure i believe it though!!

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That made me laugh more than it should have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Aesthetically? Don't see the relevance but we'll take any good news we can. Up yours Davinci!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Feck.
    Shur I’ve been looking at it upside down along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Exceeding could.mean about 10 different things

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,656 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's best not to amplify, entertain or respond to fake news.
    ...you mean don't feed the goats

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

amazing how I can focus in on different things each day ... yesterday I was really worried about economic outcomes from all this, today I feel quite worried for me Dad, he's 72 and had heart surgery last year....

If he gets it, he's done for ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

sudzs wrote: »
    Any views on the ibuprofen story from France?

Was it just 4 cases? A few cases and 3 months into this epidemic. How is that sufficient to tell people to avoid taking ibuprofen? Surely it is the best over the counter painkiller/NSAID to take if people develop breathing difficulties due to inflammation in the lungs. ??

Seems like a lot of the papers have run with it despite no actual evidence never mind proper studies. :confused:

There’s no scientific evidence for it. It’s barmy that he said and more barmy that so many papers published it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

They'd only be guessing like the rest of us. Only clear light at the end of the tunnel is a vaccine, and that's likely over a year away.
    they are professionals they have scientific ways of estimating, its bound to more then 2 weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Out and about this morning, local Intreo office has queues out the door (when I went in no queues, when I was coming out ten minutes later they were out the door) I had to go in, I've been ringing since last Wednesday and no answer.
    Post Office, personnel have gloves on and you don't hand them cards etc and they can refuse some transactions - what i don't know. They have a notice up that they can shutdown immediately if necessary.
    Local Lidl was pleasant - decent amount of people, no signs of stockpiling.
    The roads are half empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So what was the 11 o clock announcement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Well eleven o clock has came and went lads and the only thing I can see outside is my neighbour’s dog taking a **** on the green. Is he the army??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

+806 in Spain so far today ... only 12.20

dear god

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Well eleven o clock has came and went lads and the only thing I can see outside is my neighbour’s dog taking a **** on the green. Is he the army??

Yes.
    And that **** is actually a sophisticated surveillance device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

faceman wrote: »
    There’s no scientific evidence for it. It’s barmy that he said and more barmy that so many papers published it

That's what I though! I think the Irish Time had it and pulled it. Their story showed up in a search result but then the link said page doesn't exist.

So this stuff is not confined to Whatsapp and Facebook :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

gmisk wrote: »
    So what was the 11 o clock announcement?

Beasty is going to start beating people with sticks.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Just heard a rumour, from a creditable source, that all online discussion boards are being shut down. It's feared mis information could cause panic among the population.

In major towns and cities relaxing Ennio Morricone music will be played on loudspeaker along with other music from the ambient genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭jamesf85

Is there anywhere where I can find out if I can help.

I'm working from home and I'm lucky to have that option but it's flexible.

I'd love to help out some of the emergency services, I may not have any technical knowledge but I'm (reasonably) young and fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Can we ban anyone mentioning 11 o'clock? It's not funny or original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

So past 11 no lockdown. I wonder will those who were smug and say i told you so now come on and say they were conned that be from those her heard it of course the other should say yep i am a stirrer. Won't hold my breath

Nope they'll just say it's been phased in over the next 48 hrs. They still haven't said where the100000 troops that would be needed are coming from either

• Advertisement

jamesf85 wrote: »

I'd love to help out some of the emergency services, I may not have any technical knowledge but I'm (reasonably) young and fit.

Beasty is looking for help.

Ah no all joking aside fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Just heard a rumour, from a creditable source, that all online discussion boards are being shut down. It's feared mis information could cause panic among the population.

In major towns and cities relaxing Ennio Morricone music will be played on loudspeaker along with other music from the ambient genre.
    The good the bad and the ugly on a loop! Amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Good to see the youth prepared to help. Hopefully that time won't come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Exceeding could.mean about 10 different things

It's the number of our recorded case to the mass of the population.
    The graphs will always be worse compared to Italy.
    I call what that doctor said professional scare mongering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Can we just ban anyone who cites WhatsApp as a source for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Naggdefy wrote: »

Heard different

Apparently the virus gets rebroadcast from boards servers and infects people through wired peripherals

Anyone multiquoting infects everyone they quoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭chooseusername

https://randall.ie/help/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Gael23 wrote: »
    Just post a script to me?

Or ask consultant to contact your pharmacist and send them the script directly.
    It might be an idea to get in touch with your pharmacist for advice tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

dear god

How many times a day do they update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

If he's waring a camouflage jacket he well might be. Give him some distance.. The smell obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Never heard of Eswatini but 1 misfortunate hoor has got it there too:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

dear god

Where can I see these updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Can you buy me some grocery, laddy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

why do people entertain those mentally sick, clearly theres couple mods sitting online that could ban such ejjits asap, any clown citing whatsapp or any other waffle should be rid of.

move them to conspiracy section and let em interact with like minded (mentally ill)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

From 11 o clock tomorrow onwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Volunteer.ie

In other news, from creditable sources, next Friday's Late Late Show has been cancelled. A canteen worker in RTE tested positive for the virus and with the canteen on lockdown all possible guests for the show are unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Lads what's the likelihood of a shutdown in Ireland do you guys think?

Atm I'm going to work in the office but I am aware that I'm putting those who I live with at risk (they are working from home).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

G1032 wrote: »
    Where can I see these updates?
    Have a look at the sticky for all sorts of resources.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058057766

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

rosser44 wrote: »
    All this "the army is going to lock down the country" talk is pure b0ll0x. The army isn't large enough to do anything of the sort.

They are mobilising to assist the hse and other government bodies. There will be no men in camo with guns in the streets

I think they are more than sufficient to augment Garda, in policing or HSE. Of course, we won't see them carrying their AUGs unless there is serious unrest, looting and whatnot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement