Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

So my friend's boss was away in Cheltenham. Back in work today, not a bother to him.
    Not an office job.
    Working with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    And there's Spanish people going back to Spain. Shoot the planes down. Wtf is wrong with people?

I know this virus is very serious but some people need to calm down.

As someone who works in a hospital most of ye aren't taking it as seriously as it is actually. And no most of the people who went to Spain knew about the virus and still went and should be made to stay there. Now when they're home we'll be wasting medic's time to quarantine them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

kmart6 wrote: »
    There's no using Twitter required, the information was in the link. More precise than an article that is padding an official statement for clicks.

Thanks for your helpful reply .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Mark Cagney on Newstalk and the guy he is talking to about sport, or lack of, are both Spurs supporters.

COYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I didn't think I could hate the Tories more than I already did. I was wrong.

Wait till the bastards start popping off in Parliament.
    but surely they are just taking the medical scientific advise of their experts, like all other governments, its not like bojo has the relevant expertise - hasn't he deferred to the qualified civil servants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Lack of testing kits in the UK according to Sky News.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

deise08 wrote: »
    So my friend's boss was away in Cheltenham. Back in work today, not a bother to him.
    Not an office job.
    Working with the public.

What's the company? People should avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭893bet

I know. I have been saying that for many days.

I still think everybody needs to learn the old ways. To be grounded in how things work and what really matters. And to eat healthier food.

Leave the food production to those that are efficient at it. Where are all these people in cities going to find space to sow and tend to these crops?

Stupid suggestions creating fear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Not an office job.
    Working with the public.

What precautions is he taking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads and lasses, quick question. Is the proposed EU flight ban between all the EU counties, or non-EU being blocked coming in to EU?

Have flights in two weeks to London and feel the best outcome for me here is that they’ve banned it, meaning I can seek a refund.

Bit more info on it here
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-16/eu-executive-proposes-ban-on-non-essential-travel-to-europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Red for Danger

dan786 wrote: »

Of course if you've your shopping already done a few weeks in advance you'll be able stay at home and watch tv
    And you need to bother with any of this 2 meter crack.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I saw an Irish dickhead who is on a cruise with his wife and he is worried they might not get back to Ireland for the start of his wive's cancer treatment. What fuking spanner goes on a cruise with a sick wife with all this around us.

Saw that....thought the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Shengen area is falling apart.

I don't know that I'd agree.

The Schengen area has the ability to lock down internal borders built in, for public policy and security needs.

This could well be watershed moment in Schengen but I do not think it will be the undoing of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My cousin who's in the army got a call today to prepare for deployment for next week.

Friend who works in the OPW mentioned having to set up cabins for healthcare workers...not exactly sure what that means though.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads and lasses, quick question. Is the proposed EU flight ban between all the EU counties, or non-EU being blocked coming in to EU?

Have flights in two weeks to London and feel the best outcome for me here is that they’ve banned it, meaning I can seek a refund.

It's non-EU being blocked from coming in.

With that being said, some individual EU countries are closing their borders to all non-essential travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

statesaver wrote: »
    Why, the supply chain is not broken.
    Yet.

Passage flights being cancelled wholesale, passenger flights carry approx 50% of all air freight. So some supply chains being affected now, with impact materialising in coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Hi All,

didnt see a reply to my question above, i would guess because the thread is moving so fast.

Anyone clear this up for me?

Travel into Europe mainland (Ireland and UK asked to comply as well) for essential services only and European citizens/family
    Travel within Europe stays the same but countries are already closing their borders anyway to other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Lack of testing kits in the UK according to Sky News.

Hospital I work in has barely any left. We stock up in Winter and it dies down around March and we've been waiting on a new stock since last Thursday in micro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Another dumbass whatsapp message going round - lockdown is now 8am tomorrow (advised to get your beer in now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not an office job.
    Working with the public.

Some people are just wánkers.

My mate was over there too but he's chosen self-isolation for two weeks.

Knows well he was a fool going (and staying) over there for the week.

Shame everyone who travelled can't do that :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

And here comes Boris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Just back from work, pretty shattered, there's a surreal atmosphere in there, very difficult to concentrate. Very glad to have tomorrow off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

was reading the article on the dailymail where caprice broke rank and contradicted a doctor on tv today saying the UK should shut down...reading the comments on the article they're all slating her...makes me think that dominic cumming's flying monkeys are alive and well and controlling the media and trying to brainwash the public over there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

893bet wrote: »
    Leave the food production to those that are efficient at it. Where are all these people in cities going to find space to sow and tend to these crops?

Stupid suggestions creating fear.

Let's not make any rash judgments on what statements are stupid and creating fear.

Same could have been said about thousands of post on here over the past 2 weeks which have proven to 100% accurate.

Maybe try see a little further than today / tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I saw an Irish dickhead who is on a cruise with his wife and he is worried they might not get back to Ireland for the start of his wive's cancer treatment. What fuking spanner goes on a cruise with a sick wife with all this around us. I have not had any trips abroad since I got diagnosed 3 years ago as that's what you do to protect your health.

One where the prognosis is terminal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Here's a quick one, the mother inlaw is currently living with us,
    (Which is bad enough) Her brother is unwell and in Beaumont hospital (not corna ) she wants to go visit tonight , is it a good idea ?
    I'm worried sick if she catches something and brings it home and then I pass it on to my own parents who would be very vulnerable to the virus ,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hospital I work in has barely any left. We stock up in Winter and it dies down around March and we've been waiting on a new stock since last Thursday in micro!

They are talking about kits to test for Covid 19 :)

Ah it's time to listen to Boris who has the best scientific advice to save life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

FFS

I am only confirming facts. Why is it that everytime i try and give people first hand knowledge i get abused here!

I'll carry on though regardless

Ah I wasn't abusing you. I was just taking the Mick.. there has been so many claims being made about people who know people in the know.

Keep calm and carry on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

No doubt boris will be we’re following “science” crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I saw an Irish dickhead who is on a cruise with his wife and he is worried they might not get back to Ireland for the start of his wive's cancer treatment. What fuking spanner goes on a cruise with a sick wife with all this around us. I have not had any trips abroad since I got diagnosed 3 years ago as that's what you do to protect your health.

He could have left more than two weeks ago when it didn't look like much in Ireland. His wife could be about to die and this is their last chance for a once in a lifetime trip, give em a break, they have enough tragedy going on already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

MarkY91 wrote: »
    My cousin who's in the army got a call today to prepare for deployment for next week.

Friend who works in the OPW mentioned having to set up cabins for healthcare workers...not exactly sure what that means though.

Not this again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My cousin who's in the army got a call today to prepare for deployment for next week. .

My uncle knows a man who's cousin went to school with another lad who knows the sister of a soldier and they all said more or less the same, only differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

U turn from Boris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Uk changing their plan entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Boris ups self isolation to 14 days (for people with symptoms), calls for avoiding pubs, clubs, work from home, avoid unnecessary social contact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

#called it. #rollback

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lol.

Boris now putting in place what Ireland did last Thursday.

And making the same mistake with advising rather than ordering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Jpmarn wrote: »
    We have this Coronavirus problem because certain regional and national governments stuffed up.
    Apparently so called wet markets in China are banned since the SARS epidemic but officials turned a bling eye in Whuhan where there was a market there.
    The Italian government stopped flights from China but didn’t watch people coming in through mainly Germany on the so called Silk Road.
    Is the (UK) government stuffing up?
    But I have praise for the Chinese national government on the issue.
    Best of luck for the Irish government efforts and everybody that works in healthcare.

Wild-animal wet-markets are widespread in China, not just in Wuhan. If a blind eye is being turned, it's being turned at a national level.

It's very odd seeing Irish people parrot the ancient and well-worn Chinese political canard that the local functionary is corrupt but the Emperor and his circle are beyond reproach. Just goes to show that Beijing's propaganda efforts are paying dividends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

No mention of school closures yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

My best friends dog , says you're talking crap. I think his dog is rude but correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Serious backtrack from BoJo.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭political analyst

Surely, the World Health Organisation (WHO) must have thought of the likelihood that local officials in China would cover-up the first diagnoses in the event of a dangerous virus breaking out. So why didn't the WHO advise that travel to and from China be suspended as soon as suspicions arose?

Why has the WHO let the Chinese government dictate to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Boris: 12 week isolation (shielding) for people with underlying conditions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Boris ups self isolation to 14 days (for people with symptoms), calls for avoiding pubs clubs, work from home, avoid unnecessary social contact

Bit late for the UK to decide to follow WHO advice.
    This is going to be an abomination for the UK...

It's akin to a war crime, that the UK and US have followed the path that will lead to maximum carnage is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Doesn't seem like they're closing schools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Every cloud I suppose... Never in my life has maps given me that travel time estimate at this time....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement