Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VF Broadband consistently going down

• 16-03-2020 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

So my internet has been down for the past 3 days, VF say they are looking into it but I've heard it all before. In the last 12 months I've contacted them 12 times about broadband issues.

They have yet to send out an engineer but they usually get it working some how. This particular time is a real pain since 3 of us are working from home and can't use the WiFi and are forced to hotspot.

We were previously having issues with WiFi and installed a new router which bridged to the the VF modem and that solves out WiFi issue.

Anybody have any suggestions on what could be the issue? I'm thinking it could be the modem ?(HG65ac)

If anyone is willing to help let me know what info you need

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Jlynam wrote: »
    So my internet has been down for the past 3 days, VF say they are looking into it but I've heard it all before. In the last 12 months I've contacted them 12 times about broadband issues.

They have yet to send out an engineer but they usually get it working some how. This particular time is a real pain since 3 of us are working from home and can't use the WiFi and are forced to hotspot.

We were previously having issues with WiFi and installed a new router which bridged to the the VF modem and that solves out WiFi issue.

Anybody have any suggestions on what could be the issue? I'm thinking it could be the modem ?(HG65ac)

If anyone is willing to help let me know what info you need

Thanks

Are you getting same issues with a wired connection?
    Is it fibre or DSL?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

DSL - even wired isn't getting anything

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Are you getting same issues with a wired connection?
    Is it fibre or DSL?

DSL - and nothing even when directly wired

Advertisement