Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NQT's getting Droichead finished

• 16-03-2020 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I'm sure there are plenty of NQT's in the same situation as me. I'm in the process of completing the Droichead process at post-primary. I have two clusters completed and two more observations to do, which I had planned to complete before easter. Anybody have any idea what would happen if the current situation means NQT's can't get the process completed?. I know we are all hoping to be back at school after easter, if not before. However, with what the future holds being unknown at this point, no one really knows when we will get back to school.

I know the situation is fluid at the minute and there is a lot of uncertainty, I'm just a bit worried that I won't get the process completed so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

You’ll get it completed eventually , if it’s in the new school year so be it. The teaching council will of course make allowances if your time is nearly up for completion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

ToTheSea wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm sure there are plenty of NQT's in the same situation as me. I'm in the process of completing the Droichead process at post-primary. I have two clusters completed and two more observations to do, which I had planned to complete before easter. Anybody have any idea what would happen if the current situation means NQT's can't get the process completed?. I know we are all hoping to be back at school after easter, if not before. However, with what the future holds being unknown at this point, no one really knows when we will get back to school.

I know the situation is fluid at the minute and there is a lot of uncertainty, I'm just a bit worried that I won't get the process completed so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I understand your concern but you don’t appear to have grasped the fact that we are in unprecedented times. Our country is facing the greatest threat since the time of the famine. You will not be back at school this year. There is no contingency plan for this situation. In time I’m sure decisions will be made on the more minor issues. In the meantime stay safe.

Advertisement