Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rendering / plastering small garden wall... problem

• 16-03-2020 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi
    I'm Rendering a small garden retaining wall...
    And Having a bit of a problem with the mix
    If anyone could help...

the wall is 2 and 3 solids high galvanized corner beads tops and corners...new blocks

Beads aren't sitting very proud so I need a very thin scratch coat and topcoat

I did a test today and The problem is the plastering sand seems to be very corse/gritty and won't work into the beads, tried it with and without a scratch coat, when I tried the scratch coat because the plastering sand was corse I couldn't get a fine enough coat..

Then tried adding a bit of mortar sand into the mix which helped a bit but still when floating off the plastering sand seemed to be falling away from the beads..

The mix just didn't seem muddy/ creamy enough
    If that makes sense.... cement mixer was used

Mix was 4 kilsaran plastering sand
    Cement 1
    Waterproofer plasticizer and a bit of sbr

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

Not a plasterer but a bit of lime in the mix might help. Don't believe plasterers use plasticiser either, waterproofer yes

Advertisement