Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's wrong with me.....

• 16-03-2020 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I seem to put everyone i meet or don't even know on a pedestal. I've no idea why I do this or how to stop......just feel i never measure up

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,436 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'd imagine that's a very common feeling for a lot of people. "Perfect" social media profiles go along way towards perpetuating the myth that everyone else lives this exciting, full, perfect life.

Yet, if you listen to the experts, we are in the middle of a mental health crisis. People struggling with average every day living. The very people who have full social media accounts. These "perfect people" are looking at other "perfect people" and getting upset, wishing they could be more like them.

I know that colleagues and acquaintances, and even close friends look at me and think I have it sorted! Because that's the impression I give. They don't know (because I don't let them see) that I am struggling. I have many personal issues of my own going on. Marriage problems, teenage children problems. But nobody knows. We all, to some extent, put on a public face. The side we want others to see. Very few people will be completely honest and let their vulnerability and weakness show.

I used to look enviously at others too. Thinking their marriages must be perfect, their lives easy, now I realise a lot of people are probably in a similar boat to me. Doing the best we can with what we have.

I suppose one way to look at this is you are not unique. The feelings you have, are feelings almost everyone has. They just don't say it out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Dogpaws wrote: »
    I seem to put everyone i meet or don't even know on a pedestal. I've no idea why I do this or how to stop......just feel i never measure up[/QUOTE

Maybe you are suffering from self esteem or confidence issue's. I'm sure there are course on line that will help you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

I suggest writing 5 positive points about yourself on a postit and stick it onto the fridge.

If you get into a habit of 'an attitude of graditude' it might be a turning point for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

It sounds like you just have low self esteem.

Advertisement