Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair flight to Spain NOT cancelled but country is on lockdown

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Both my flights cancelled now.Anyone having trouble actually getting the refund form to work.it keeps saying my reservation number is wrong.it definitely isn't.

Everyone is getting that. It's actually an issue goes back at least 4 years with Ryanair according to a post on twitter.

They will sort it out eventually, they need their IT people to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

woodchuck wrote: »
    Thanks for that Magic. This is the situation we're in atm. Our outbound flight has been cancelled, but our inbound flight is hasn't been yet. We're at the refund application form and have the option to tick "I wish to apply for a partial refund of one of the flights or for specific customers included in this flight reservation". We're just concerned that if we use our flight reservation number for the partial refund now, we might have trouble if we want to use the same flight reservation number for a second partial refund when the inbound flight inevitably gets cancelled?

Would we be better off waiting until both flights are cancelled and just request the refund in one go? Or is there some sort of time limit to claim the partial refund for our outbound flight?

Sorry, you may not have all the answers, but not even going to bother trying to get answers from Ryanair, as that's a lost cause at the best of times :P

It's up to you. I'm not really familiar with all technicalities related to their refund system.
    For the convenience you might wait for return flight to be cancelled and then pursue refund for full booking.

As for time left to claim refund check this website. Plenty of time.
    https://www.claimcompass.eu/blog/time-limit-flight-compensation-claim/

It seems I'm unable to claim refund like most of customers (if not all). I've been trying through this online form: https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/ Msg that I'm getting is pretty common:
    Your flight reservation number is invalid. Please check the flight reservation number you have entered.

Came across this one:
    https://eu261compensationclaims.ryanair.com/
    Didn't try it yet.

But I've got in touch with their online support and after reporting issue with online refund this went down like this:
    Me: Hello. I have a problem with requesting refund. I keep getting this msg Your flight reservation number is invalid. Please check the flight reservation number you have entered.
    Ryanair: I see. May I ask if the free flight move option could be a suitable option for you, please?
    Me: Unfortunately not.
    Ryanair: I see, thank you! I will request the refund for you. It will be processed in 28working days due to the long refund queue. It will be confirmed in email right after the refund was processed on our side.
    Ryanair: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Me: Yes, could I get some email confirmation that this refund is being processed ?
    Ryanair: I can only request it. The refund will be processed by separate department and they will send you a confirmation email after refund is processed.
    end.

Now... I'll wait and see.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Thanks for all that Magic, very helpful :) Love how they're still trying to push the "free" flight change option...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Ryanair definitely playing silly buggers.trying all they can to get you to rebook, which they claim is free. Except it’s not. ie flights to Malaga next October were coming up as €74. if you rebook the same flights cost €151, more than double. And you lose priority and seats ( if booked). I’m waiting on Tenerife to be cancelled in April and ignoring all emails exhorting me to rebook.

FWIW Aer Lingus are already processing my refunds for the return leg (booked out with Ry and back with AL)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055339093

• Registered Users Posts: 13,868 ✭✭✭✭josip

For what dates have Ryanair cancelled flights and are those cancelled flights between Ireland and Spain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭satguy

Unfortunately Ryanair is now too big to fail, they have too much of our money behind them.

It's only when we really need them to have our backs, that we get to see their true colours. Maybe if it did fail, we might get a kinder gentler low cost airline in its place.

It seems we are stuck with them,, and yes they are low cost, they did open up Europe for the massess,, but they could have / should have been nicer to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭rx8

I'm still scheduled to fly to Lanzarote on Saturday morning. No sign of an email or anything else to suggest that it's going to be cancelled. Already getting refunded from booking dot com, for accommodation that was gone past the "free to cancel " date. They obviously don't want to be giving everyone back their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tombrown

So if RyanAir cancel an outbound flight, but not the return they only refund the outbound flight?

How do they expect me to get to Tenerife to catch the return? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

tombrown wrote: »
    So if RyanAir cancel an outbound flight, but not the return they only refund the outbound flight?

How do they expect me to get to Tenerife to catch the return? :)

They will cancel both eventually.wait for it.exact same thing happened to all of us i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭blackbox

I guess they will continue to operate a few flights to repatriate people., So not all will be cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I am due to fly out to Lanzarote on Friday morning (obviously not going).

We were flying out with Ryanair only and back with Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus have already cancelled days ago.

However, anyone interested can still get on my flight for only €65. Anyone fancy a trip to Lanza!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭satguy

Once MOL and Ryanair have your money, your never getting it back, he will fly you off to a place in lockdown rather that give you a refund.

We might be living in life changing times, But MOL is not chanhing, and is keeping your €65..

satguy wrote: »
    We might be living in life changing times, But MOL is not chanhing, and is keeping your €65..

I paid a lot more than €65:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

mountai wrote: »
    Stupid response

There are desperate people all over the world trying to get home and spending thousands on flights and then lads getting excited about wanting €65 back because they can't go on holidays.

PGE1970 wrote: »
    I am due to fly out to Lanzarote on Friday morning (obviously not going).

We were flying out with Ryanair only and back with Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus have already cancelled days ago.

However, anyone interested can still get on my flight for only €65. Anyone fancy a trip to Lanza!!

Exactly the same as me. Out with RY, return with AL. obviously the return flights were later than the outward flights. AL already processing the refunds. All Ry want to do is rebook. :mad:

easypazz wrote: »
    There are desperate people all over the world trying to get home and spending thousands on flights and then lads getting excited about wanting €65 back because they can't go on holidays.

That’s not the point. You pay for a service, when it’s cancelled you get your money back. Simples.

joeysoap wrote: »
    That’s not the point. You pay for a service, when it’s cancelled you get your money back. Simples.

But its not cancelled?

Did you actually read my post?

It costs €65 NOW to travel. As stated, I paid a lot more than that but don't let that get in the way of your immature nonsense rant.

This isn't a competition but is a thread about Ryanair and refunds etc.

Imagine people contributing to it and seeking advice .........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭rx8

Spain is in Lockdown. Lanzarote is completely closed. How is anyone supposed to fly there. ? It's not €65 anyway, more like €370 for the 2 return fares. I would be OK with changing flights, but who knows how long this is going to go on for. Ryanair just playing chicken.

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Did you actually read my post?

It costs €65 NOW to travel. As stated, I paid a lot more than that but don't let that get in the way of your immature nonsense rant.

This isn't a competition but is a thread about Ryanair and refunds etc.

Imagine people contributing to it and seeking advice .........

Your holiday is gone, suck it up instead of whinging about Ryanair. Its not their fault. They will only give the bare minimum.

There are people in far worse predicaments now than missing a holiday.

And hope FR cancel the flight before Friday.

• Advertisement

Spain Is in lockdown. We’re nearly in lockdown. Anyone there is trying to get home. Nobody is going to Spain or Lanzarote on holidays. And RY know that. So they should refund now and stop playing games with people.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Spain Is in lockdown. We’re nearly in lockdown. Anyone there is trying to get home. Nobody is going to Spain or Lanzarote on holidays. And RY know that. So they should refund now and stop playing games with people.

Why?

Its not their fault. Its only peoples holiday Money.

That is what travel insurance is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Its just Ryanair protecting their shareholders. Their whole fleet will be grounded soon enough so they'll be forced to refund. I'm in the same predicament flights booked for end of April Ryanair sending me daily emails asking to reschedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Am I correct in saying that if an airline cancels a flight they are legally required to refund you?

Why?

What travel insurance covers this?

Most flights to be grounded from March 24th

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0318/1123917-ryanair-flights/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,872 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Why?

Some of those with bookings have been laid off and could do with the money.

Ryanair and AL are shamelessly gaming their customers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There appears to be some problem with the Ryanair refund mechanism. It tells everyone, (even when the flight has been cancelled and the customer has been invited to apply for a refund) that their reservation number is wrong. They clearly need to get their IT folk to fix it, but seems everything is under crazy pressure.

elperello wrote: »
    Some of those with bookings have been laid off and could do with the money.

Ryanair and AL are shamelessly gaming their customers.

Please don’t include AL in this.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    There appears to be some problem with the Ryanair refund mechanism. It tells everyone, (even when the flight has been cancelled and the customer has been invited to apply for a refund) that their reservation number is wrong. They clearly need to get their IT folk to fix it, but seems everything is under crazy pressure.

That 'bug' has existed for 4 years.
    Methinks Ryanair have no intention of fixing it since it probably filters out a not insignificant percentage of people entitled to a refund.

Advertisement