Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair flight to Spain NOT cancelled but country is on lockdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭tombrown

I have a flight on 9th April to Tenerif. It seems to have been cancelled, in that it doesn't show up on RyanAir timetables anymore, but I havent yet received an email confirming cancellation nor does it show as cancelled on my intinerary.

I assuem ti will take time for it to come through ... I'm relaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

I had a flight scheduled for this morning to Brussels that was cancelled last Thursday....processed the refund form, all very straighforward but yesterday evening I got a mail to say it was rescheduled to 4 this evening!

I presume that as flight has now been rescheduled, even for vastly different times, they met requirement to provide flight so refund eont be processed?

They are probably combining loads of flights, running one to meet contract, knowing 95% of people wont show!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

If it was for more than 2 hours difference, you should have a choice of accepting the rescheduled flight or a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

josip wrote: »
    We haven't received any notification yet that a 10th April flight to Barcelona has been cancelled.

Just got our email re our flight on 10th April to UK - applied for the refund so all good so far!

I just checked my bookings on RyanAir website and the outbound leg to Tenerife is now showing cancelled (though I haven't yet received an email). The return leg isn't yet showing cancelled

So when I apply for a refund, can I now apply for both the outbound and return legs, or should I only apply for the outbound now, or should I wait until the return is cancelled & then apply for it all in one go?

thanks

• Advertisement

I submitted my refund request yesterday, and I just wanted to check other peoples experiences to ensure mine is trundling along (and obv I dont want to go to RyanAir helpdesk, who are dealing with more urgent matters)

The options allowed me to request a refund for all travelers on all legs, even though only the outbound flight was cancelled.

I did not receive an automated confirmation email - is that usual? (I do have a screenshot of the relevant page after I submitted my request)

The "request refund" button against my itinerary on the website is still active - again is this normal?

How long, in peoples experience, does it take for a refund request to be approved?

I am more than happy to be patient in waiting for my refund, but I would like some confidence it is progressing and I haven't done anything incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rainbowshimmer

tombrown wrote: »
    I submitted my refund request yesterday, and I just wanted to check other peoples experiences to ensure mine is trundling along (and obv I dont want to go to RyanAir helpdesk, who are dealing with more urgent matters)

The options allowed me to request a refund for all travelers on all legs, even though only the outbound flight was cancelled.

I did not receive an automated confirmation email - is that usual? (I do have a screenshot of the relevant page after I submitted my request)

The "request refund" button against my itinerary on the website is still active - again is this normal?

How long, in peoples experience, does it take for a refund request to be approved?

I am more than happy to be patient in waiting for my refund, but I would like some confidence it is progressing and I haven't done anything incorrectly.

I did the same. Outbound flight cancelled so filled in the form claiming a refund for both flights. Now they have cancelled the return flight too and sent another form to claim for the whole trip. Not sure if I need to fill out the form again or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I did the same. Outbound flight cancelled so filled in the form claiming a refund for both flights. Now they have cancelled the return flight too and sent another form to claim for the whole trip. Not sure if I need to fill out the form again or not.

I would. All it can say is 'this flight has already been claimed for', or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

tombrown wrote: »

We also didn't receive a confirmatory email and took a screenshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

It invited me to print the confirmation, which I did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Family member's Ryanair flights to Spain in May now cancelled. They clearly have the system working now. A couple of clicks and all done.

spurious wrote: »
    Family member's Ryanair flights to Spain in May now cancelled. They clearly have the system working now. A couple of clicks and all done.

That was always going to be the case. I don't see the "small claims court" brigade on this thread anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Same as that - that part of the process is working perfectly now - very quick and easy.

My reading of it is that this online form is to request a refund for the flights. It then goes into a queue for approval and at the point that it's processed/approved, you will receive a confirmation email (so sometime over the next week or two). From when you receive a confirmation, it should be processed and paid within 7 days.

Hopefully I'm right! :)

I didn’t receive the ‘ confirmation email’ either. But not bothered as I have a screenshot. They are on top of theirs heads.

spurious wrote: »
    I would. All it can say is 'this flight has already been claimed for', or similar.

I asked them did I need to fill it out again the rep I spoke to said my refund request had gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got 2 emails from them looking for me to submit refund.
    I filled in the 2.
    Maybe I'll get 2 refunds :)

To thine own self be true

I got 2 emails from them looking for me to submit refund.
    I filled in the 2.
    Maybe I'll get 2 refunds :)

I still might fill in the other one anyway just in case. They wouldn’t be long looking for it back I’d say! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I still might fill in the other one anyway just in case. They wouldn’t be long looking for it back I’d say! :D

I'll have left the country at that stage.

Oh wait...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Banzai600

we still have our flights to spain for April with Ryanair, with no refund option yet.

Ryanair only giving us option to move dates, swell.....

Despite the DFA saying its a no fly zone, still no option for refund as of yet.

will sit tight.

Banzai600 wrote: »
    we still have our flights to spain for April with Ryanair, with no refund option yet.

Ryanair only giving us option to move dates, swell.....

Despite the DFA saying its a no fly zone, still no option for refund as of yet.

will sit tight.
    Dont worry - it will come. You can check if flight is cancelled by trying to book it again.

My flight was like that (cancelled but not announced) for a week before I got the email. They are just working through them by the look of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Has anyone actually managed to get any money back from this shower? I've applied for my refund three times now, each time I get a confirmation screen that my application was successful and that it'll be processed and when it is I'll have the money back in 5-7 days. No email confirmation of this though and no money back yet either.

In the circumstances that’s a bit unfair, I am also waiting on an AL refund

Today from Ryanair

Dear Customer,

I refer to your recent request for a refund on your booking confirmation Xxxx

Due to the high volume of flight cancellations due to COVID 19, we are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests. We are currently working through the backlog and ask that you please bear with us.

Please do not resubmit your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,
    Ryanair Customer Services

joeysoap wrote: »
    In the circumstances that’s a bit unfair, I am also waiting on an AL refund

Today from Ryanair

Dear Customer,

I refer to your recent request for a refund on your booking confirmation Xxxx

Due to the high volume of flight cancellations due to COVID 19, we are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests. We are currently working through the backlog and ask that you please bear with us.

Please do not resubmit your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,
    Ryanair Customer Services

They too are working from home where possible. The ones that need to go to work are like all other workers, busy.

Relax, you will get your refund in due course.

I think you, misunderstood me. I am not in the least bothered by the delay, I was replying to .G

.G. wrote: »
    Has anyone actually managed to get any money back from this shower? I've applied for my refund three times now, each time I get a confirmation screen that my application was successful and that it'll be processed and when it is I'll have the money back in 5-7 days. No email confirmation of this though and no money back yet either.

Why apply 3 times when you got a confirmation first time?

It is people like you who clog up the system.

Same as the panic buyers or the 4500 who rang 999 for a test the first weekend etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Some people are out of jobs and need their money back and since I got no email confirmation like they told me I would I'm making sure it went through, thats why.

I also got an email from them telling me about my options for my flight, after already receiving that email 5 days beforehand and using it to initiate the refund. So you know, not guaranteed it even went through first time.

joeysoap wrote: »
    I think you, misunderstood me. I am not in the least bothered by the delay, I was replying to .G

my apologies then

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Has anyone got the refund yet from Ryanair. I submitted request for refund over 3 weeks ago on 13 March. Apart from print screen of the confirmation I have not got any correspondence from them.

I accept it’s busy for the team but if the flight was cancelled I would expect it would be a very straightforward process to issue a refund.

I am thinking of submitting claim through my credit card for refund. I guess Ryanair will run into cash flow problems so this could turn out very messy

I havent got mine yet, and am starting to worry a bit ... I'm due over €2k so its not insignificant for me

I get the argument that Ryanair are overwhelmed and this will take time, but then in normal times they are taking bookings at a very fast rate, and it never takes them 3-4 weeks to get the money off your credit card.

I'm still prepared to be patient, but I would be interested to hear if anyone has received anything yet

• Advertisement

It said within 20 working days, so that's a while yet. Applied for refund 24th March, got an email acknowledging my request and explaining backlog etc. on the 28th. I won't really worry until the end of April.

Advertisement