Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mental health and CoVid-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭uli84

Well not for me, restrictions affecting me will not be lifted until August and that’s not even for sure, not sure how I’m gonna cope another 3 months. Also working from home with a kid is becoming impossible for me, bringing a lot of stress and anxiety to the point I cry nearly every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Did you really expect restrictions that were introduced layer by layer not to be lifted in the same way?

That's not how this works. Have a good read of this please and know it's very much for the best https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0501/1136167-road-map-details/?fbclid=IwAR0oDmIvWJX8XgFEC2qNFgNWfOebioUr0pmFbzrfKkmNZ0TN6L61xOgVMa4

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Did you really expect restrictions that were introduced layer by layer not to be lifted in the same way?

That's not how this works. Have a good read of this please and know it's very much for the best https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0501/1136167-road-map-details/?fbclid=IwAR0oDmIvWJX8XgFEC2qNFgNWfOebioUr0pmFbzrfKkmNZ0TN6L61xOgVMa4

I read that, and I don’t want to argue but no other country in Europe is this strict. can you tell me when cancer and diabetes complications screenings are restarting according to this document? Because it’s a big concern for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Why? It was very positive news actually

For those with family outside of their region it was hardly good news. Nearly 12 weeks before they can visit them.

robbiezero wrote: »
    For those with family outside of their region it was hardly good news. Nearly 12 weeks before they can visit them.

It's staggering how stupid some people are at this stage of the "lockdown" (it's a very light lockdown compared to some countries).

Would you rather that you or the family outside the region were dead? It'll be a lot fcuking longer than 12 weeks before you seen them then that's for sure

• Advertisement

It's staggering how stupid some people are at this stage of the "lockdown" (it's a very light lockdown compared to some countries).

Would you rather that you or the family outside the region were dead? It'll be a lot fcuking longer than 12 weeks before you seem them then that's for sure

Given the thread that's in it, I'm just not going to bother responding to that rant.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Given the thread that's in it, I'm just not going to bother responding to that rant.

Agreed. Take your "woe is me, I can't see family because the government is trying to keep me and them alive. How dare they" nonsense to the many Restrictions threads elsewhere

Agreed. Take your "woe is me, I can't see family because the government is trying to keep me and them alive. How dare they" nonsense to the many Restrictions threads elsewhere

Who exactly are you quoting there and link to the post please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Bet it makes you feel great to pick on someone having a hard time dealing with the restrictions in a thread about mental health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I suggest you acquaint yourself with the thread title and try to be less obnoxious.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Agree 100%, a lot of people just can't grasp that all of these restrictions are to keep you and your family alive, really people can you not see all of this is for the greater good of the whole country, and we all have to play our part in that. I know I haven't seen the majority of my family in weeks but such is life at the moment, suck it up.

uli84 wrote: »
    no other country in Europe is this strict

May I suggest you read up on the restrictions that were/are in place in for example France and Spain, it might open your eyes to the quite minimal restrictions we have in this country in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Snugglebunnies

GoneHome wrote: »
    Agree 100%, a lot of people just can't grasp that all of these restrictions are to keep you and your family alive, really people can you not see all of this is for the greater good of the whole country, and we all have to play our part in that. I know I haven't seen the majority of my family in weeks but such is life at the moment, suck it up.

I believe this thread is for people to open up if they're having a hard time during restrictions? Lots of people are struggling and being told to suck it up when they have to vent isn't really helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Suck it up? Do you really think that is anything other than a pathetic soundbite?
    The thread is about mental health why not actually post in a respectful manner.

Gonehome I remember some of your past posts for the lack of empathy they've shown. You come across as completely lacking in compassion for other people and their experiences. God forbid your life gets turned upside down. And if it already has been and you've been to the depths yourself then your attitude stinks even more.

Gonehome I remember some of your past posts for the lack of empathy they've shown. You come across as completely lacking in compassion for other people and their experiences. God forbid your life gets turned upside down. And if it already has been and you've been to the depths yourself then your attitude stinks even more.

I haven't the faintest idea why you're picking on me here but that's obviously your own issue. I gave my opinion earlier this evening, agreeing with a previous poster, on the lunacy of people feeling sorry for themselves that they can't live life as it was, meeting family etc, and I merely pointed out that in these extraordinary times we all have to look at the bigger picture of playing our part for the whole population rather than individual concerns, some people just don't seem to get that.

I haven't the faintest idea why you're picking on me here but that's obviously your own issue. I gave my opinion earlier this evening, agreeing with a previous poster, on the lunacy of people feeling sorry for themselves that they can't live life as it was, meeting family etc, and I merely pointed out that in these extraordinary times we all have to look at the bigger picture of playing our part for the whole population rather than individual concerns, some people just don't seem to get that.

Do you get that not everybody has the same experience of this? There are those who like being off work and not dealing with the pressure of a commute. There are also those who are scared of the isolation, who are lonely, who haven't touched another in months. Are you able to comprehend that we can understand the need for the restrictions and also find it extremely difficult?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do not comment on posts made elsewhere on the site here. Not only is it off topic, but this particular thread requires more sensitivity than others

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

May I suggest you read up on the restrictions that were/are in place in for example France and Spain, it might open your eyes to the quite minimal restrictions we have in this country in comparison.

Well, France is to re-open Primary school from mid-May, anyways, it’s not the topic of this thread and maybe I shouldn’t mention that at all

• Advertisement

uli84 wrote: »
    Well, France is to re-open Primary school from mid-May, anyways, it’s not the topic of this thread and maybe I shouldn’t mention that at all

Yes they're reopening with the proviso of extreme caution, kids wearing face masks etc and with the big posability that restricitions will be re-introduced if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R.C.

The Covid 19 Pandemic was going to happen at some point after SARS and MERS and the world leaders were told it would happen by the WHO, so don't worry about any doomsday scenario.
    There will be other pandemics but no doubt we will be more prepared the next time. At this point we just have to wait and listen to the medical experts. The virus is going to be around for a while and we need to stay the course and not become complacent or we may have a second wave of it. Mental Health is so important at this time and going for small walks, talking on the phone, doing small jobs around the home, watching tv, and sleeping are all so important. We all know this of course but its an opportunity to do something different something like reading a book, drawing/sketching, cooking a new meal, and meditation. I was never a person for meditating but I have find myself taking ten minutes a day just to sit and listen to the Blackbird singing outside, it can be anything just to sit and relax and unwind.

Yes they're reopening with the proviso of extreme caution, kids wearing face masks etc and with the big posability that restricitions will be re-introduced if needed

That’s excellent and makes sense, my stress levels would be half down if my kid could return to school in some way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

I believe this thread is for people to open up if they're having a hard time during restrictions? Lots of people are struggling and being told to suck it up when they have to vent isn't really helpful.

Would you agree the government sharing the "roadmap" to exit this lockdown on Friday has helped a little?
    Personally I was getting quite impatient with all of this a week ago. We were wondering when it would all end. And how?

Now I see the plan and the dates, I'm more at ease.

In just over a month, a number of shops will reopen. And we can travel up to 20KM. And we can visit family members over 70 again which will be great. That's reassuring.

As of today, we can travel for a decent amount of exercise and not worry about breaking restrictions.

Small steps I know. But it all helps.

Totally agree btw. The "suck it up" advice is helping no-one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Thanx4dafeedbk

Telling that one of the lesser used part of this forum is the mental health thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Telling that one of the lesser used part of this forum is the mental health thread. :(
    It is indeed, almost everyone I know is having problems with lockdown in one form or another. Would be better if people talked about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Still finding the days so long. I'm not exercising as much as I hoped I would, I don't know is it laziness or just being depressed.

I feel like I'm so sick of people. I'm sick of seeing people walking on the road when there's a footpath to be walked on. I'm sick of kids screaming outside. I'm sick of my neighbors yapping out loud when k sot outside (if I knew their language it wouldn't be so bad!)

Little are getting to me. Things feel like a bigger effort than they were before. I'm dreading the next few weeks.

I'm ok, but I'll admit, I'm really down in the dumps. There's more tears as days goes on.

Warmest day of the year so far predicted for today, it's already a glorious day out there, I did a two mile walk at 8.30 this morning, get out in the sunshine folks, good for body and soul

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I got out this morning for a 3hr cycle it's done wonders. I think morning best suits me to go out and exercise , gives me the feeling IV done something good and positive for myself.

Feeling way better than the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,596 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

LilacNails wrote: »
    I got out this morning for a 3hr cycle it's done wonders. I think morning best suits me to go out and exercise , gives me the feeling IV done something good and positive for myself.

Feeling way better than the last few days.

Well done. I'm going to do the same later.

Advertisement