Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi fi problem

Options
  • 16-03-2020 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm seriously fed up my Windows 10 Dell laptop. It just won't connect to the internet. I have to say there is no problem with the wi fi as it connects to my tablet and phone but it just won't connect to my laptop. There obviously is something wrong with my laptop as it isn't even connecting to my phones hotspot - I did last week but not now. I turned off the wireless in the device manager, restarted the computer, I have disconnected the wi fi, forget this network, re-entered the key - it connected, worked for a little while but it's not connecting to anything now ... any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

That's an interesting webpage. Everytime I update something happens my machine - the last time it disabled my USB ports.

Right, I ran the diagnostic and it returned the following messages.

1. Your computer to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding.
    2. Problem with wireless adapter or access point.
    3. The default gateway is not available.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

That's an interesting webpage. Everytime I update something happens my machine - the last time it disabled my USB ports.

Right, I ran the diagnostic and it returned the following messages.

1. Your computer to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding.
    2. Problem with wireless adapter or access point.
    3. The default gateway is not available.

Any suggestions?
    Is it not connecting to WiFi or no internet(cannot load page)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Always check that your AV suite and/or Windows firewall isn't the issue, possibly due to an update.

Uninstall and reinstall your AV suite...

Advertisement