Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Online Saver - Covered under deposit guarantee

• 16-03-2020 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is the AIB Online Saver covered under the government deposit guarantee of up to 100k?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Spocker wrote: »

I did Google it but can't see where it mentions online saver accounts on that page or the PDF info sheet.

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

GooglePlus wrote: »
    I did Google it but can't see where it mentions online saver accounts on that page or the PDF info sheet.

'Online Saver is just a fancy name; it's really just a demand deposit account, which is the type mentioned on the DGS page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Spocker wrote: »
    'Online Saver is just a fancy name; it's really just a demand deposit account, which is the type mentioned on the DGS page

Thanks for the clarification, it saves me having to tip out and transfer it to the CU (don't have a card reader).

Probably overkill but the mind can't help think of the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Probably overkill but the mind can't help think of the worst.

No need to worry about that, if the banks collapse, what makes you think there will be a government still around to honour the guarantee...

• Advertisement
Advertisement