Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA meetings

Options
  • 16-03-2020 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

One thing I didn't keep in mind was AA meetings affected by coronavirus.

My father is a recovering alcoholic. I suggested he create a Group call or Hangout but he's not the most technical and to be honest I haven't seen him in 2 weeks due to avoid passing him anything (other health issues) so I can't help in person.

I'm stuck on what I can suggest and I'm sure there's many who will require a meeting especially during this anxious time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Stanford

Only meetings of 100+ people indoors are banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Stanford

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

If you feel the need to help I would suggest setting up a Skype group or Slack group session. As you know anyone with a smart phone can partake in these. As for helping people who aren't the most technical? You could create a YouTube video and share the link on how to download Skype to phone etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Intherooms.com

https://virtual-na.org/

I don't really do meetings myself, online or offline, but some of my friends are finding those ones invaluable.

Also, Lifering is an excellent secular alternative to fellowship meetings - information here

http://lifering.ie/meetings/

• Advertisement

I just got sent a link to some outdoor AA meetings in Dublin, might be of use to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

One thing I didn't keep in mind was AA meetings affected by coronavirus.

My father is a recovering alcoholic. I suggested he create a Group call or Hangout but he's not the most technical and to be honest I haven't seen him in 2 weeks due to avoid passing him anything (other health issues) so I can't help in person.

I'm stuck on what I can suggest and I'm sure there's many who will require a meeting especially during this anxious time.

Hi there, my dad was telling me that he attends his usual Sunday evening meeting on zoom at the moment. Apparently it’s invitation only for the regular people who’d go every week. Maybe your dad could get in touch with some of the people in one of his regular meetings and they could get something like this going. Hopefully he had already seeing as the post is a few weeks old!

Anyone needs a link to Dublin based online AA meetings just PM me.

Advertisement