Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tradesmen working in houses

Options
  • 16-03-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Do ye think it is safe or advisable for tradesmen to still go working in peoples houses at this time with covid 19.
    I am a carpenter myself and have jobs which would involve me working in family homes ,with the people more than lightly being there. What do ye think ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Are you prepared to risk catching it, and/or the customer willing to risk catching it from you? That’s the question you both must ask.

I am having external work being done around my house, I’m happy enough for it to go ahead as there is no contact, if it was internal I probably wouldn’t go ahead, for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,083 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm in the shower repair business. I put on fresh gloves getting out of the van. Client opens the door & says top of the stairs. I'm finished 20 to 30 minutes later. Hand invoice & collect payment. Back out to the van & bin the gloves. Disinfectant wipes on my hands and face. Off to the next job. Shower when I get home and all clothes put in the washing machine. There is not much more I can do.

At the end of the day they expect half of the population to get this in the next four months. Social distance is to slow down the spread of the virus. It's not to stop you from ever getting it. Unless you have underlying health issues and are in the high risk category I don't see why you'd stop working. Most homeowners don't follow you round all day so I'm sure you are on your own for most of the day anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Expecting an eir engineer this week. Told my wife to keep kids in their room. Ask him wash his hands coming in and stay out of his way

Advertisement