Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can’t get chromecast to link to modem

Options
  • 16-03-2020 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Have a tv is not internet enabled so bought a chromecast to watch Netflix. Paid for Netflix thinking it would be easy to set up chromecast.

So put in chromecast on tv. Started up ok.
    Updated iPad to new software. Took over night Internet was so bad..Down loaded google chrome. Put in chromecast pin from chromecast page on tv and iPad recognised and gave pin for iPad. All good there.

Next thing I clicked on google home on iPad and it asked to look for WiFi signal. It picked up the signal but asked for the password. I put the password that was under the WiFi modem and it said it did not recognise it.

Rang Eir 4times to get to technical help and phone cut off by then as waiting too long.
    Then went on their online help and the guy there was useless. He was trying to set me up cast eir app...Not want I asked for. Then told me to call technical help. Obviously working off a screen pop up page complete waste of time.

Can anyone help us get the chromecast to work? How do I get Netflix on iPad and cast to the tv through google cast?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

How many times do you try the WiFi password. Are you sure it was input correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Could someone have changed the password? They should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Will try it again. I did change the password but had to reset it a while back and I think the old password is back up again. Sorry but dumb when it comes to tec hy things. Appreciate you replying.
    Will try again and be back to you in. A while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

Which version of Chromecast did you get?
    Many of these devices have difficulty connecting to a 5GHz wifi connection, so some modems let you turn off the 5GHz signal and just use 2.4GHz.

If you have two networks visible - maybe one has -5g at the end of it?
    Even if that's what you usually use for your iPad, give the details for the other one to the Google Home app. The password is likely to be the same.

Advertisement