Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone considering a one way ticket out of Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Be right back

kravmaga wrote: »
    North Korea :D

It's to a mystery place with no closed borders but yet with great containment ability. Narnia?!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Have you ****ed off yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I'm single. No kids and no mortgage and my gut feeling on how this is going to play out in Irelsnd is not good at all.

If you're anyway young and in decent health, probably nothing to be too concerned about, other than the economy tanking for a while.

Different for older/ immune compromised people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,224 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Going to be seriously hard on frontline healthcare workers, doctors, nurses, carers, physios etc..

Special thought for people only recently diagnosed with long term or chronic conditions..the path to treatment / recovery is bound to have a few twists and turns so there will be worries there naturally but all will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,903 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The Fair Hoe Islands ? Do they have it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,903 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Twatt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

I'd like to keep the country to myself. But if you know how to work Google you'll find out in a few seconds that there's some options left.

For now.

These restrictions are being slowly implemented so there's not a full scale panic. Or st least not more than it is now.

how you gonna try keep a country your moving to on the DL lmao

bet ya its the north pole!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I'd like to keep the country to myself. But if you know how to work Google you'll find out in a few seconds that there's some options left.

I think it's Wakanda.
    I can't find any flights though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,528 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Easter Island?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

I'm with you op completely.Seems most of the hotter countries aren't hit nearly as bad.

People have gone mad talking about locking up our elderly for months on end.

Most old people rely on their grandkids and whatever social life they have to survive and would rather take the chance with a flu not be forced into isolation.

Its the isolation that's gonna kill more of them than the actual virus itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Can I ask you a personal question OP?

Are you mental?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I think OP has headed of lads.

I think OP has headed of lads.

to where tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

scamalert wrote: »
    serious question are canaries off limit now :confused: id rather chance being in +20c and climbing then enjoying the ever lasting global freezing in ireland. as seems there will be f all to do for good next month or so.

Afraid so, heard reporter from Teneriffe saying on radio today that the Spanish Government want EVERYONE to leave who is not native. They want to get to grips with this and then start all over again. so, the flights will only be one way for the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

China is probably one of the few safe places to travel that. For that, you need to get a Chinese visa (is that even possible now?) and prepare for 14 days quarantine at your expense on arrival.

embraer170 wrote: »
    China is probably one of the few safe places to travel that. For that, you need to get a Chinese visa (is that even possible now?) and prepare for 14 days quarantine at your expense on arrival.

I'm pretty sure new visa's are not being issued. Their offices have been shut down and gone automated, although they have put in a service for someone like myself who might need their visa renewed. There's a two month automatic renewal when the expiry comes due. (Mine being in July).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,716 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Apparently Tanzania doesn't have it yet.

So perhaps building a fort on top of Kilimanjaro might be the last refuge?

EDIT... whoops spoke too soon: https://www.newvision.co.ug/new_vision/news/1516607/coronavirus-tanzania-somalia-eafrica-starts-closures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I was waiting for a righteousness reply like this, just not so soon!

- I've no symptoms. Yes I'm aware I don't need to have them to have it
    - It's still early days for Ireland yet
    - if the country I'm going to thought Irish visitors were a threat then they'd have added them to their current "Nope. No chance" list of banned countries. They haven't.

Not yet anyway.

I feel the window is closing for anyone who wants to escape this country in that regard though.
    It's not a "righteousness" reply just because you don't like it. It's correct - tough. It's not just about you not having symptoms - it's about you picking them up from others.

But actually I don't think you're serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Great thread.

Wonder why the OP is still single...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'm very tempted to get a one way ticket out of the country at the moment. To a place with no closed borders yet and who have been doing an amazing job of containment. I also have a friend in the same area there for chats.

I do NOT trust that our health system can handle this. I'll be surprised if they can deal with 20% of it.

I can feel tension brewing in my family over difference of opinion over how serious this is. About 80% of them can't see what this has the potential to do.

I'm single. No kids and no mortgage and my gut feeling on how this is going to play out in Irelsnd is not good at all. Like; really not good. Perhaps it's only a matter of time till either Ireland completely shuts up shop and/or the other country does the same and I'm trapped.
    Have you considered doing the same? Leaving the country?

Question is to where???? Because this virus will go global,,,,so you may run, but you can't hide ( except maybe China? )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 BetterWay

OP is clearly talking about Australia. Hasn't it free healthcare for the Irish? For it's size it also hasn't been hit hard by this. It has only 25 million people if memory serves and you can fit Europe one and a half times inside it.

If I hadn't got kids I'd be gone too tbh. Europe is riddled with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have a place in Belize. I might go there for awhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Is the OP gone yet? Hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

No cases in North Korea. Probably gone there.

I’d imagine if anyone was leaving, they’d be busy making arrangements and not making a thread on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

The OP in this made my day.

He's going to outrun the coronavirus by going to a magical land that won't be affected and is so secret he can't even tell a couple hundred boardsies for fear we may come and infect him.

I hope he never has to come back and join us all in the real world. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

BetterWay wrote: »
    OP is clearly talking about Australia. Hasn't it free healthcare for the Irish? For it's size it also hasn't been hit hard by this. It has only 25 million people if memory serves and you can fit Europe one and a half times inside it.

If I hadn't got kids I'd be gone too tbh. Europe is riddled with this.

Right, but it's going to go everywhere eventually so unless you plan on inter-railing the entire planet in perpetuity until it catches you, what is the end game?

• Advertisement

Dunno why anyone has to leave Ireland... just head into the countryside of Kerry or Connemara. Rent a place out there and in many areas, your closest neighbor will likely need a car to visit you.

Advertisement