Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Development

Options
  • 17-03-2020 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Does anyone develop games? I am interested in creating a fairly simple real-time multiplayer game but not sure where to start. I am a good programmer but never delved into the gaming world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Does anyone develop games? I am interested in creating a fairly simple real-time multiplayer game but not sure where to start. I am a good programmer but never delved into the gaming world.

Unity is a good one. You can create a basic game with no programming - then use C# to customise it.

For 3d the learning curve for the code is steep- but for 2d games not so bad.

Lots of tutorials in youtube but make sure you are following a tutorial that matches your version as they made changes a couple years back that made ild code and tutorials incompatible.

Plus the environment is free to develop in.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

ozmo wrote: »
    Unity is a good one. You can create a basic game with no programming - then use C# to customise it.

For 3d the learning curve for the code is steep- but for 2d games not so bad.

Lots of tutorials in youtube but make sure you are following a tutorial that matches your version as they made changes a couple years back that made ild code and tutorials incompatible.

Plus the environment is free to develop in.

Thanks.
    I am just interested in 2D development, yeah. So will give Unity a go!

Advertisement