Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rostered hours query

Options
  • 17-03-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

So as like many find themselves at the moment, I've been temporarily laid off as of yesterday by my employer due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

My place of work had not been directly instructed to close and essentially did so at their own discretion.

I had hours rostered for this current week but from information sent to me by my employer, there is obviously no intention from them to pay myself or any other colleagues for rostered hours.

I suppose what I'm asking is would there be any liability on my employer to pay for rostered hours seeing as they decided to close and the company is not ceasing trading.

Obviously these are unprecedented circumstances and I never would have thought of encountering a situation like this.

Advertisement