Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My debit card stopped working for online purchases

Options
  • 17-03-2020 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My debit card had previously worked fine but it now says there is a problem with the card when I try to male a purchase online. There are sufficient funds in my account and I don’t have an pending payments that I know of. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Sioannain127,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

We’re sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty using your card online. Can we ask if you have received any texts or emails from our card security team? This will ask you to confirm a transaction with a yes/no answer.

Alternatively, if you are being asked for a Verified by Visa One time passcode, it would be best to link in with our team on 0818200370 and one of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

Many thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sioannain127

Hi! No I haven’t received any messages/emails or asking for one time passcode. L when ever I try and use the card it generally says ‘ there is a problem with this card’ or ‘ your bank have declined this transaction as it does not match without records’ but I have never had a problem with it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks for getting back to us Sioannain127. Is the card working at ATMs and point of sale? 

Thanks 
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sioannain127

Yes. I have changed my phone number a short time ago so I’d it possible that could be a reason?
    So if I I’d of gotten a text of a one time passcode I wouldn’t have received it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Yes. I have changed my phone number a short time ago so I’d it possible that could be a reason?
    So if I I’d of gotten a text of a one time passcode I wouldn’t have received it
    Thanks for clarifying Sioannain127. In this instance we would advise you to contact us on the number Richard provided and one of our colleagues will be happy to help. 

Thanks again 
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement