Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs when/will they re-open - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

While I hope you're right - I would be absolutely shocked if I'm able to sit in a pub at any time this summer
    Who is running out of patience?
    FFS this whole running out of patience nonsense sounds really childish.

It's sh*t not being able to go to the pub with my mates but it's something that I'll get over for a while.
    I understand how personal choice works.

I can understand people being annoyed about not being able to see their family, etc but the pub part might just be something that we have to get over for a while.

Sorry pal, but you're simply trying too hard.

Failed normie?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Really can’t see them opening any time soon.

Even if they did you’d be absolutely mad in the head to visit them.

You don’t know who has this bloody illness. One night out could be your ticket to a bed in A&E.

I honestly think until we get a vaccine for this **** life is not going back to normal again. It’s just way too contagious for public gatherings of any kind to take place.

For what it’s worth I’d ****in love a pint of the black stuff but it’ll have to wait for a vaccine.

one trip out to the shop could result in a visit to a and e!

this is the irish government we are talking about, the announcement I expect on Friday 5th is... "is there anything to be said for another mass?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

whats the point of working all week if theres no pints at the end. there has to be a purpose to life. there has to be a reward for good behaviour. for me its pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Idbatterim wrote: »
    this is the irish government we are talking about, the announcement I expect on Friday 5th is... "is there anything to be said for another mass?"

I’d say we all know leo is going to rock out on some dark green platform, sniff a line of coke, then rip off his right collared shirt and say **** IT, LET’S JUST GET BOLLOXED. And so, everyone will be allowed to go to the pub and love life again.

• Advertisement

That government, Harris, Varadkar, the lot of them, they are despised by many here, have ZERO credibility and have the authority of the boy scouts! I honestly cant see their plan , which is basically no plan,to be tolerated here for much longer , like I said, given how disliked they are, based on their pathetic governance and lack of action, these last few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭briany

That government, Harris, Varadkar, the lot of them, they are despised by many here, have ZERO credibility and have the authority of the boy scouts! I honestly cant see their plan , which is basically no plan,to be tolerated here for much longer , like I said, given how disliked they are, based on their pathetic governance and lack of action, these last few years!

If you want to see no plan, I refer you to Trump and Johnson's initial responses to the Coronavirus and needlessly excessive death and misery its brought their respective countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

one trip out to the shop could result in a visit to a and e!

Absolutely, which is why I go once every two weeks, ie as little as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Who is running out of patience?

Did you see the videos of those idiots In Blanchardstown?

The Nal wrote: »
    Did you see the videos of those idiots In Blanchardstown?

No, please link, I love watching idiots.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »

https://twitter.com/AllPassingThing/status/1251812640738938880?s=19

Here.

https://twitter.com/AllPassingThing/status/1251812640738938880?s=19

Social distancing raves are the new thing. The girl beside the wall on the main street is not too shabby looking either.

She actually got dressed up to go out and party on the street. That takes commitment. Boots n all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Social distancing raves are the new thing. The girl beside the wall on the main street is not too shabby looking either.

She actually got dressed up to go out and party on the street. That takes commitment. Boots n all.

Ye fcuk it, we must go to the next one, looks like bitta craic that.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

The Nal wrote: »

Sorry but a) there’s around 25 people in that video, b) most people are in small family clusters (I assume), c) how the hell did that Professor just politicise people dancing on a flipping street?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Hmmm tell us more

never_mind wrote: »
    Sorry but a) there’s around 25 people in that video, b) most people are in small family clusters (I assume), c) how the hell did that Professor just politicise people dancing on a flipping street?!

I don't know how he managed to get from Bulgarian Seasonal workers at Keelings fruit farm to interpreting a gang of drunk kids dancing in a council estate, as some sort of political social movement?

A stretch for me, sorry professor. What opposition are you talking about?

Kids don't neck yokes and drink alcopops because strawberries are ripening. It doesn't work that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Annabella1 wrote: »
    Singapore who have been praised for their containment has seen cases jump from 3700 to 8000 in 5 days after easing restrictions
    Long way to go unfortunately

Its one of the most densely populated areas on the planet, not hard to see why they can't contain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

Possibly the relaxation of rules is on a Tuesday so the pubs won't be too packed when they reopen that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

showpony1 wrote: »
    Possibly the relaxation of rules is on a Tuesday so the pubs won't be too packed when they reopen that day?

It wont matter what day of the week it is they will be mobbed regardless

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

If you think the pubs will be reopening on 5th May you`re in for a big disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think realistically you are looking at 6 months after the first schools go back.

I think realistically you are looking at 6 months after the first schools go back.

you think a pub won't open until March 2021? can't see that happening but it would be fitting to for paddys day and cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

you think a pub won't open until March 2021? can't see that happening but it would be fitting to for paddys day and cheltenham.

I see schools to a degree going back before July this year, whether that's 2 days a week or similar who knows.

The Christmas period will certainly be interesting if no pubs and those not living at home expected to stay put with roommates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

If you think the pubs will be reopening on 5th May you`re in for a big disappointment.

Staggered (no pun intended) opening - largest first who can accommodate social distancing. That's the superpubs in Dublin / Cork /Galway etc. and hotels in the more rural areas.

That works out - we move down the scale gradually. Hopefully those smaller pubs that are more a part of the lifeblood of a community get some support in the interim.

I want Podge from Leitrim to have his job back before I need Karl with a K getting ratarsed in Dublin 2. And I'm from Dublin 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Sibins will be the new saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Podge201 wrote: »
    Sibins will be the new saloon.

Shebeens. ****ed sake, I'm drunk too yet still able to spell ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Pubs cannot reopen till a vaccine has been concocted & vigorously tested on human guinney pigs, before being released on the world's population, starting in about eighteen months time!

THEN THE PUBS CAN OPEN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Pubs cannot reopen till a vaccine has been concocted & vigorously tested on human guinney pigs, before being released in about eighteen months time!

THEN THE PUBS CAN OPEN.

Ifs and buts, if theres a vaccine but there might not be an effective one.

If you think pubs are going to be closed for 18 months not a chance, for that to happen they'll all need a serious government bailout. It's not just pubs it's the entire hospitality sector.

Depending on how other countries do and our own situation you could be looking at late summer / autumn potentially. Its going to be a very very slow reopening whenever it does happen.

Advertisement