Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs when/will they re-open - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Or maybe his next late late show appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Zetor19 wrote: »
    Or maybe his next late late show appearance

It can’t get anymore boring tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭spurshero

When will our new Taoiseach Holohan give the all clear for lovely cold pints again?
    will be august at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Another Friday of Youtube and tinnies. Feel I now have the attention span of a goldfish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When will our new Taoiseach Holohan give the all clear for lovely cold pints again?

Taoiseach expresses an opinion on something.
    Anonymous Internet Personality: 'Do you think you are an expert?'

Expert gives their expert opinion.
    Anonymous Internet Personality: 'Who do you think you are, the Taoiseach?'

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    You spend €800 per month on nights out? I think you have a bit of a problem to be honest..

If he has the 800 spare to spend on it then he hasn’t one bit of a problem.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Ridiculous comment. I won't be doing that. I'm as Irish as any man, people piss their money away every night in the tavern don't hold a monopoly on living here. Put the bottle down.

You’re probably even more Irish these days as you’re a boring sanctimonious pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Heard a Garda with 15 years no. Th job on Newstalk last night. He was saying there was virtually no call outs to disturbances no that the pubs are closed. Maybe most of them would be no great loss after all .

Heard a Garda with 15 years no. Th job on Newstalk last night. He was saying there was virtually no call outs to disturbances no that the pubs are closed. Maybe most of them would be no great loss after all .

They’re not going anywhere no matter how much you lot try to push for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Could you install UV floodlights and turn them on after everyone goes home each night?

They have UV lamps that disinfect right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

They’re not going anywhere no matter how much you lot try to push for it.

I dont mind either way I’m all for people being able to go to the pub if they want. Personally I prefer restaurants to pubs but each to their own. Just saying that the guards said call outs to violent disturbances had almost vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

There was a meeting of VFI last week, they believe that there wont be any pubs open for the rest of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

There was a meeting of VFI last week, they believe that there wont be any pubs open for the rest of this year.

At least. We could be looking t 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Could you install UV floodlights and turn them on after everyone goes home each night?

They have UV lamps that disinfect right?

10 pints of stout and a Dettol chacer. Be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Source?

#fakenews

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

If they open up the North first there will be a mad dash

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I said it was discussed at a VFI, and that was their opinion.

I hope it's wrong but doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,611 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I would take a guess at October for pubs re-opening myself. Schools will be September, which will be the same time as offices. Pubs won't re-open untill after schools and offices are back anyways.

Even when schools and offices go back, we will need to see how things are. We may need to even roll back to the previous level of restrictions if new cases rise again then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    If they open up the North first there will be a mad dash

No they won't.

My Father, a publican

Pure speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Iv hearing about a few pubs that won't be opening again. Were struggling beforehand already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Pubs and large crowds are the best opportunity for virus spread.
    Beer gardens with enough space when it's sunny could be OK, but you can't run those profitably here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Looks like the EU might need to introduce CHP, the common hospitality policy. Subsides for closed businesses

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Iv hearing about a few pubs that won't be opening again. Were struggling beforehand already.

A lot won't bother.

Especially those being leased.

Gives people a chance to just walk away, after taking stock of whether its worth it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Next year? Ha

There opening bars in Italy by end of May.

You're deluded if you think the bars will not be allowed to open here beyond July, at the very latest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

easypazz wrote: »
    A lot won't bother.

Especially those being leased.

Gives people a chance to just walk away, after taking stock of whether its worth it or not.

Iv heard of 4 and 2cafes already. That's in 2 towns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

No one washes their hands in pubs, they go for a piss and leave half of it on the floor, all over their hands, all over door handles, counters, money etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I dont mind either way I’m all for people being able to go to the pub if they want. Personally I prefer restaurants to pubs but each to their own. Just saying that the guards said call outs to violent disturbances had almost vanished.

Been going to the pub for nearly 30 years now and I could count on one hand the amount of scraps I've seen kicking off, its mostly in the chipper at the end of the night that lads take a shot for the title.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Iv heard of 4 and 2cafes already. That's in 2 towns!

Hearing similar stories. A lot just won't bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Podge201 wrote: »
    No one washes their hands in pubs, they go for a piss and leave half of it on the floor, all over their hands, all over door handles, counters, money etc.

Fact, I think allot of people will be looking at pub toilets more now and actually making a deal to pubblicano to clean their bathrooms more often and upgrade them. When you think of how crap most of them are when you only think properly. Like something out of crèche.

Advertisement