Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs when/will they re-open - the Megathread

Options
1697071727375»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

brisan wrote: »
    Well then anytime you feel like it walk into the Goblet pub on the Malahide road and see for yourself
    And no I am not a Man Utd ,nor a pub hater ,buzz killer (I always went to my local at 7.30 on a weds for a match ) and I am only a casual GAA fan
    Oh the sound is not turned down ,the TV is off as are all TVs in the pub
    As for being a pub hater .my wife says the exact opposite 3 times a week on average

At least fess up on the cops. Come on, the truth will cleanse you, shame the devil.

It so did not happen?

" O'Callaghan, get your fat arse down to the Goblet and tell them to turn off that feckin Television " arsa an Sergeant.

Never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

dotsman wrote: »
    How so? there's only a max of 6 people and you are all sitting/ordering together. It's not like there is a surprise 100 extra drinks on the bill that nobody knows anything about.

Really, I was in a group of 4 on Friday night and did`nt realise one of the group was drinking a grey goose vodka and tonic each round while the rest of us had humble pints so Yes it did get uncomfortably awkward when the bill had to be paid. Of course that person said lets divide the bill by 4..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well then anytime you feel like it walk into the Goblet pub on the Malahide road and see for yourself
    And no I am not a Man Utd ,nor a pub hater ,buzz killer (I always went to my local at 7.30 on a weds for a match ) and I am only a casual GAA fan
    Oh the sound is not turned down ,the TV is off as are all TVs in the pub
    As for being a pub hater .my wife says the exact opposite 3 times a week on average

https://m.facebook.com/TheGoblet/photos/a.557854530941987/3710694082324667/?type=3&source=57

They inviting people to watch the match on their phones?

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Really, I was in a group of 4 on Friday night and did`nt realise one of the group was drinking a grey goose vodka and tonic each round while the rest of us had humble pints so Yes it did get uncomfortably awkward when the bill had to be paid. Of course that person said lets divide the bill by 4..............................

The tab system works, it just sounds like you were drinking with a cnut.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    At least fess up on the cops. Come on, the truth will cleanse you, shame the devil.

It so did not happen?

" O'Callaghan, get your fat arse down to the Goblet and tell them to turn off that feckin Television " arsa an Sergeant.

Never happened.

Oh it happened all right
    Guards walked in and told the barman to turn off the TVs

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »

Well I was there during the last opening and last friday
    No TVs
    Maybe they made an exception for the match
    The all Ireland final when dubs are playing is a full 2 day session in the Goblet

Oh it happened all right
    Guards walked in and told the barman to turn off the TVs

I am struggling with it at the moment to be honest.

The only thing that I think I believe you on is not bringing your wife to the pub. :p

I am struggling with it at the moment to be honest.

The only thing that I think I believe you on is not bringing your wife to the pub. :p

Not to the Goblet
    ladies toilets leave a lot to be desired ,or so I am told

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"Wet pubs" is a cavalier epithet that belongs in Donnybrook, Ballsbridge and Killiney.
    Why those 3 places? what are you getting at?

The term wet pubs is around ages, lots seem to think it is some new invention and getting awful riled up due to their own ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

I'd say he wanted yous to get a taxi home together too and then had "no cash on him".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So 4 of ye were sitting at a table with pints in front of 3 of ye and a vodka and tonic in front of the 4th person and you never copped that all night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

So 4 of ye were sitting at a table with pints in front of 3 of ye and a vodka and tonic in front of the 4th person and you never copped that all night?

sounds like they just bottled making him pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Not to the Goblet

The whole place leaves a lot to be desired imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I plan on enjoying myself this weekend, a few of us have a lodge booked out in a local hotel area (access to the local golf club :D) and then have a table booked in a pub for Sunday night (After Waterford hopefully win the Liam Mccarthy)

Personal responsibility needs to be taken esp in Limerick, Waterford, Mayo and Dublin GAA places among the whole country and do they leaders trust us ?? They do in there holes. They need to realise numbers will rise no matter what and pointing the figure blaming people next week is not going to help

I think it was the fact it was Grey Goose Vodka tat was the problem
    Smirnoff would not have ben an issue I reckon

Not to the Goblet

Come here to me, what's the Grub like?

Come here to me, what's the Grub like?

Grub is not bad ,and reasonably priced
    Pints are massive ,proper time served barmen

Grub is not bad ,and reasonably priced
    Pints are massive ,proper time served barmen

Has he got a moustache?

Has he got a moustache?

Who
    Damien ,Killer ,Derek or John
    Not sure about Connor or Andy ,maybe Aidan has now

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭vafankillar

copeyhagen wrote: »
    volume can give you covid.. duh!!

not sure if people are this clueless or just can't help being a brilliant comic genius but there's evidence that speaking louder or moving closer to talk increases the likelihood of spreading the virus, which is obviously encouraged the more noise there is.

• Advertisement

Who
    Damien ,Killer ,Derek or John
    Not sure about Connor or Andy ,maybe Aidan has now

Killer sounds like some craic. I doubt the regs give him much lip?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I plan on enjoying myself this weekend, a few of us have a lodge booked out in a local hotel area (access to the local golf club :D) and then have a table booked in a pub for Sunday night (After Waterford hopefully win the Liam Mccarthy)

Personal responsibility needs to be taken esp in Limerick, Waterford, Mayo and Dublin GAA places among the whole country and do they leaders trust us ?? They do in there holes. They need to realise numbers will rise no matter what and pointing the figure blaming people next week is not going to help

You gonna get locked, call science waffle again and then moan about how you couldn't have a sing song after the match....

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Yeah, you`re right the Goblet was always an interesting spot, I`d say you got a proper pint tho. Used to work with a girl who had a part time extra job in the place, the stories she had............There was also a place down towards Donnycarney a bit, was called the Refuge, they had to close that one.

Yeah, you`re right the Goblet was always an interesting spot, I`d say you got a proper pint tho. Used to work with a girl who had a part time extra job in the place, the stories she had............There was also a place down towards Donnycarney a bit, was called the Refuge, they had to close that one.

Stabbing outside the first night new owners who had done it up opened
    Good few years ago now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

went for a curer last night, wasnt asked to order food so didnt bother ,proper order.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

SB71 wrote: »
    went for a curer last night, wasnt asked to order food so didnt bother ,proper order.;)

What was the name of said pub? I'll be calling Joe Duffy later. :pac:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Reading the first pages of this thread and I don’t think anybody thought it would get this bad especially for non food pubs
    People saying 2 weeks 2 months etc
    None of us had a clue what was going to happen
    Someone said some pubs will never return only to be told this was not the walking dead
    Little did we know that Tony would send many pubs to the grave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

sasta le wrote: »
    Have you to order food?Time limits?

food yes. although I heard rumours there is leniency for some regular in some pubs- old men types - which I am not.
    Time limits are enforced in most places but it's not overly strict . But time limits aren't mandatory is social distance between tables exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

el diablo wrote: »
    What was the name of said pub? I'll be calling Joe Duffy later. :pac:

aul joe has middle Ireland and the religious types and aul wans up in arms over everything, the sad thing is so many take what you hear on this show as gospel.:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement