If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Headphones

Options
  • 17-03-2020 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

Hope all of ye folks are safe and well up there - strange times!

I would like to see what deals you might have on a pair of decent wireless headphones with the following specs, please?:

- Wireless/Bluetooth
    - On-ear
    - Mic included (well, we are all working from home now so something that can be used as a headset is useful here)

I would be mostly using these for movie watching, potentially the 'working from home' headset, and only the very odd occasion some music/audiobooks.

Looking at a few on your website and, seeing as I obviously can't get up to you to try them out, was wondering what your opinion is on them:

- Sennheiser HD4.40ST (if the HD350BT is noticeably better, would go to this instead)
    - LINDY BNX60 (included because it has noise cancelling functionality, but am right in assuming this is crap at this price level?)
    - AKG Y50BT (again, if the AKG Y500 is noticeably better, would go up to that instead)

Noise cancelling would be nice, but as I assume it is not great at the price level, I am leaning more towards the AKG's.

Any opinions welcome, and would like to get your best boardie prices to Waterford, please.

Thanks,
    C.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

colhickey wrote: »
    Hi,

Hope all of ye folks are safe and well up there - strange times!

I would like to see what deals you might have on a pair of decent wireless headphones with the following specs, please?:

- Wireless/Bluetooth
    - On-ear
    - Mic included (well, we are all working from home now so something that can be used as a headset is useful here)

I would be mostly using these for movie watching, potentially the 'working from home' headset, and only the very odd occasion some music/audiobooks.

Looking at a few on your website and, seeing as I obviously can't get up to you to try them out, was wondering what your opinion is on them:

- Sennheiser HD4.40ST (if the HD350BT is noticeably better, would go to this instead)
    - LINDY BNX60 (included because it has noise cancelling functionality, but am right in assuming this is crap at this price level?)
    - AKG Y50BT (again, if the AKG Y500 is noticeably better, would go up to that instead)

Noise cancelling would be nice, but as I assume it is not great at the price level, I am leaning more towards the AKG's.

Any opinions welcome, and would like to get your best boardie prices to Waterford, please.

Thanks,
    C.
    Hi C.

Thanks for the post.

I really like how the AKG Y50BT sound and perform.
    The Y500 are noticeably better but they are nearly twice the price of the Y50BT's.

Usually the higher price the better performance and sound.

If you wanted to stay around the lower price side of things you could also check out the Grado GW100 priced at £149
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203747-grado-gw100-on-ear-mic-wireless-bluetooth-headphones.aspx

If you wanted to throw caution to the wind there is the Sony WH1000XM3 priced at £269 (These are mind blowing but might be a bit much for what you are using them for)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203587-sony-wh1000xm3-black-wireless-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-over-ear-closed-back-mic-headphones.aspx

Let me know your thoguhts.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the info. After humming and hawing about a lot of these around the same price mark, I have, just to be awkward, settled (kinda) on the Sennheiser HD350BT Black's.

Any opinion? Considering I can't get out to listen to these and I need something for work at home purposes, I am going purely on reviews I have read. So, I am more than happy to be persuaded if there is any better there for somewhere around the same price?

Also, do you sell any cases for these? They don't seem to come with any included.

Could you let me know your best boardie/vip club price to Waterford, please?

Thanks,
    C.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the info. After humming and hawing about a lot of these around the same price mark, I have, just to be awkward, settled (kinda) on the Sennheiser HD350BT Black's.

Any opinion? Considering I can't get out to listen to these and I need something for work at home purposes, I am going purely on reviews I have read. So, I am more than happy to be persuaded if there is any better there for somewhere around the same price?

Also, do you sell any cases for these? They don't seem to come with any included.

Could you let me know your best boardie/vip club price to Waterford, please?

Thanks,
    C.
    Hi Colhickey.

The HD350BT are a good headphone for the money.

There is nothing really else around this price bracket without going up to the Grado GW100 priced at £149 mentioned above.

The best I could do on the 350BT would be to offer free shipping as I have no movement on the £89.95 retail.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

OK, let's go with that so. How do you want to proceed?

Also, do you sell any suitable case for that.

Thanks,
    C.

OK, let's go with that so. How do you want to proceed?

Also, do you sell any suitable case for that.

Thanks,
    C.
    Afternoon C.

We wouldn't stock any sort of carry cases unfortunately.

I've got you PM and we will drop you a call ASAP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Apologies for digging up old thread but this place seems to be the best to ask - is there any wireless headphones alternative to bluetooth at the moment? I cant cope with sound fluctuations from bluetooth, checked few mid-level headphones and as I am not that much fancy of sound quality or noise reduction I am very sensitive to sound fluctuation and I catch it literally each 5 second of music I listened.
    Remember non-blutooth headphones years ago, with docking stations and jack connections, but everywhere I look today I see wireless headphones = bluetootlh :(

zom wrote: »
    Apologies for digging up old thread but this place seems to be the best to ask - is there any wireless headphones alternative to bluetooth at the moment? I cant cope with sound fluctuations from bluetooth, checked few mid-level headphones and as I am not that much fancy of sound quality or noise reduction I am very sensitive to sound fluctuation and I catch it literally each 5 second of music I listened.
    Remember non-blutooth headphones years ago, with docking stations and jack connections, but everywhere I look today I see wireless headphones = bluetootlh :(
    Hi Zom.

If it is for home use then you could check out the Sennheiser RS120 priced at 119 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204470-sennheiser-rs120-mk2-over-ear-open-back-wireless-headphones.aspx?swapstore=1

Or id you wanted to go all out there is the Sennheiser RS195 at 329 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204487-sennheiser-rs195-over-ear-closed-back-wireless-headphones.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.