Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Job Opportunities

• 17-03-2020 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

If this isn’t ok please delete but it’s just with so many people losing their jobs I thought a thread for new job opportunities might be a good idea?

These are two that I saw;

Be on call for Ireland

COVID-19 or coronavirus is here and every one of us is taking action to reduce the impact it has on our families and communities.

We’re washing our hands, we’re staying at home, we’re thinking of those who are most vulnerable.

And, in our health service, we’re preparing to care for the people who will be affected.
    We are asking all healthcare professionals from all disciplines who are not already working in the public health service to register to be on call for Ireland.
    We will be creating extra hospital and care beds and will need extra hands to provide the care that’s needed. We need your help to meet the challenge that’s ahead.

Maybe you aren’t a healthcare professional, maybe you’re studying to be one, or maybe you have other skills to offer or just want to volunteer to do your bit if needed.

Hopefully we won’t need to call, and if we do, we may not need every one of you. But knowing you are there if we do will make all the difference.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/oncall/

Nursing Homes Ireland has launched a recruitment drive targeting workers in the hospitality and retail sectors to provide care to older people during the coronavirus emergency. 

The NHI says staffing needs will arise for nursing homes in meeting the care needs of older people. 

Roles on a temporary basis will include nurses and physios, healthcare assistants, catering, activities and ancillary or administrative support. 

NHI CEO Tadgh Daly says there is considerable concern around meeting day-to-day social care needs of nursing home residents, especially at a time of emergency and with visitor restrictions.

He says short, medium and long-term contracts can be offered by nursing homes, as well as flexible working arrangements.

He has urged people who feel they can contribute to care of older people to present such to nursing homes by way of outlining their skill set in a short email and to present their CV with it. 

A list of email addresses for nursing homes is available at www.nhi.ie and queries or CV's can also be submitted to hradvice@nhi.ie

Potential staff will require Garda vetting.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0317/1123729-nursing-homes/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Temporary assignments across the Civil and Public Service are a necessary response by Government to the unprecedented national crisis arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c59aa9-faqs-temporary-assignments-across-the-civil-and-public-service-in-re/

Temporary assignments across the Civil and Public Service are a necessary response by Government to the unprecedented national crisis arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c59aa9-faqs-temporary-assignments-across-the-civil-and-public-service-in-re/

Those aren't job opportunities. That's just people that are already working in the public sector in non-essential roles being re-deployed elsewhere.

For example, if you work in the Theory Test Centre, you're likely to be sent over to the Social Welfare office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

with the HSE recruitment drive - could i get a job as a hospital orderly? never worked in a hospital before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Might be of benefit to someone
    https://www.jobalert.ie/view/customer-service-associate-work-from-home-amazon-ireland

Great idea for a thread btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

fryup wrote: »
    with the HSE recruitment drive - could i get a job as a hospital orderly? never worked in a hospital before

From my experience in hospitals they are usually called Attendants or Health Care Assistants (HCAs). In some places these are 2 different roles, in some they are the same role.

Whether you'd get a job as one depends on the requirements of the hospital as HCA's roles vary. Some work on checking inventory and retrieving medical supplies when needed, others work moving and preparing patients for theatre procedures, others look after equipment (not in a technical sense, but transporting it, storing it, cleaning it, sometimes running simple checks) while others are much more patient focused and will look after patient's non medical needs (helping them move around, using hoists etc. to move them from a bed, ensuring they are comfortable, getting water etc. for them) all the while observing many of the same infection control precautions as medical staff. Some HCAs/attendants do all these roles and more.

I can't give a proper answer to your question but experience in the above fields would help. Trust and responsibility may also come into play. A hospital may be wary of giving a fresh temporary recruit total access to valuable equipment, and vulnerable patients.

• Advertisement

Work From Home ~ Amazon

Work from home with Amazon!
    Role: Virtual Customer Service Associate
    Job Type: Fixed Term Contract, part-time

What are the benefits to working for Amazon?
    · Competitive salary (€12 p/h), including pay increments every 6 months
    · Comprehensive Healthcare Package
    · Pension Scheme
    · Wellbeing program, focusing on physical and mental wellbeing
    · Employee Assistance Program
    · Life Assurance and Income Protection
    · Employee Discounts
    · Optical Insurance
    · Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
    · Sports and social events
    · Eligibility to participate in our company stock plan

https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1073767/customer-service-associate-virtual

i presume the supermarkets will be looking for more delivery drivers??...seeing that so many will be home shopping

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Undertakers unfortunately

• Advertisement

anyone reading this get a job with the supermarkets ?

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1887919

Call Takers – Patient Transfer Service, Dublin

Call Takers required for a number of temporary assignments with the National Ambulance patient transfer / Intermediate Care Vehicle service based in Dublin 24.

Vacancies exist in Ambulance Command and Control Centre, in the patient transfer service / intermediate care vehicle service.

Call now for further information, interview and start immediately.

An extensive training program will be provided with the opportunity to upskill to Emergency Call Taker ast a later date.

Attendance and availability for same are mandatory.

The Person:
    Excellent PC and IT skills
    Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
    A basic typing speed of at least 30 wpm by touch typing
    Qualification as an Emergency Medical Technician is desirable, but not essential
    Available to commence in Mid-March 2020

Please forward a copy of your CV to brian.murray(at)cplhealthcare.com or call Brian on 01 482 5352 for a job spec and further information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭neenam

After being out work since early March, I was offered a job this week (retail & food business). Although it's part-time atm, it'll become full-time as the business is getting an extension built on and more staff are needed, plus when things settle post Covid-19 (hopefully). Apparently the person who got it before me changed their mind after their second day. Tbh, I dunno if people should be so laxadaiscal considering the predictions of an est of 350,000 job losses and potentially a recession according to the ESRI. I know that I could easily have cut hours or even become unemployed again with a recession, but it's more secure than the job I had pre Covid-19, and better than having no work up to the 19th April or beyond that.
    How the hell can the Government continue subsiding thousands of unemployed ppl, it'll go on beyond 19th April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭ax530

https://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=614

Bus Éireann Apprentice Recruitment Programme 2020

Heavy Vehicle Mechanics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

These are not job opportunities. This is redeployment, primarily of those who have not shirked their responsibilities by hiding at home. As some public and civil servants have. Mostly more senior in rank, in my experience.

Advertisement