If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG C9 or Samsung Q90R - 65 Inch

Options
  • 17-03-2020 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there, thinking of upgrading to one of the above TVs shortly and looking for some guidance as to which one to go for. The LG is €200 more in the 65 inch at the moment and from looking at reviews, they seem fairly well matched. There's talk of burn in in OLEDs but I think I can try avoid the same scene being played all the time. One other point is when do the 2020 TVs start arriving? (bringing new options and potentially cheaper 2019 versions :)). Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Stevie_D_D wrote: »
    Hi there, thinking of upgrading to one of the above TVs shortly and looking for some guidance as to which one to go for. The LG is €200 more in the 65 inch at the moment and from looking at reviews, they seem fairly well matched. There's talk of burn in in OLEDs but I think I can try avoid the same scene being played all the time. One other point is when do the 2020 TVs start arriving? (bringing new options and potentially cheaper 2019 versions :)). Thanks!
    Hi Stevie_D_D.

Thanks for the post.

Both are excellent televisions and its hard to pick between them.
    In my opinion the OLED will have the better image but you do run the risk of screen burn. In is uncommon but can still appear.

If you are not using the OLED for gaming it is hard to pass them by.

The NEW LG OLEDS are due around the 20th May but that could change due to the current COVID19 situation.
    Samsung say their NEW range is due 20th March - 20th April but again this could change. (Some of the NEW Samsung are already listed on our .co.uk website).

The NEW 65Q90T priced at £2799
    https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-qe65q90t.html

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Stevie_D_D

Hi Stevie_D_D.

Thanks for the post.

In my opinion the OLED will have the better image but you do run the risk of screen burn. In is uncommon but can still appear.

The NEW LG OLEDS are due around the 20th May but that could change due to the current COVID19 situation.
    Samsung say their NEW range is due 20th March - 20th April but again this could change. (Some of the NEW Samsung are already listed on our .co.uk website).

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the info. I would be doing a decent amount of gaming but still slightly leaning towards C9. I'll have a think anyway, cheers!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Stevie_D_D.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the info. I would be doing a decent amount of gaming but still slightly leaning towards C9. I'll have a think anyway, cheers!
    No problem at all Stevie_D_D.

It is very hard to pass on the picture quality of the OLED's.

I use one at home (LG 55") and game regularly. I just make sure to change games every now and again to avoid repetition of the HUB that games keep static (speed dials, health bars etc....)

Let us know when your ready and we can recheck for the current pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭daithihalton

Hi Kenny

Sorry to jump on this but what is your best price on a LG OLED65C9PLA with a fixed flush mount delivered to Louth? Are your deliveries affected by the current crisis? if not how long would it take to deliver? 
    I see the Samsung QE65Q90R has dropped by 200 would you expect to do something similar for the OLED65C9PLA

regards Daithi 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Kenny

Sorry to jump on this but what is your best price on a LG OLED65C9PLA with a fixed flush mount delivered to Louth? Are your deliveries affected by the current crisis? if not how long would it take to deliver? 
    I see the Samsung QE65Q90R has dropped by 200 would you expect to do something similar for the OLED65C9PLA

regards Daithi 
    Hi Daithalton.

Our deliveries are currently running as normal and delivery to Louth should take 2-4 days (Excluding weekends)
    The courier will drop a text message to customers that has the ETA and tracking details.

The current Euro price on the 65C9PLA of 2199 euro is already a better deal than our listed £1999 sterling.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204050-lg-oled65c9pla-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

I'm not sure of any upcoming price drops on the 65C9 but the new range was due for release over the next few months (I'm sure there will be delays given the current situation).

The 65Q90 is also an excellent television. Currently priced at 1999 Euro which is again the better deal compared to the sterling
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203963-samsung-qe65q90r-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-2000-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

A bracket to fit the 65C9PLA would be the Sanus VLL5 again the Euro price on this of 48.99 Euro is a much better deal than the £49.95 sterling
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12678-sanus-vll5-slim-flat-bracket-42-90-inch-fixed-tv-bracket.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny

If I order the LG in euros will you throw in the mount and shipping ?

Regards Daithi

Hi Kenny

If I order the LG in euros will you throw in the mount and shipping ?

Regards Daithi
    Hi Daithihalton.

I can indeed do a deal for you that will include the bracket and shipping for the 2199 Euro

LG OLED65C9PLA, VLL5 and delivery.

If you would like to proceed drop me over you contact number in a PM and I can give you a little call.

PM incoming

PM incoming
    Thanks Daithihalton :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.