Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance Question

• 17-03-2020 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I am travelling on 31st May to Europe for a week. Booked through an Irish online travel agent. If they cancel will I get a full refund? If I or my husband get sick before then and we have to cancel will insurance policy cover us? Its getting scary with coronavirus. Any recommendations for a good travel insurance policy. TIA

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Do you already have travel insurance? Are the travel agents based in Ireland or just have an Irish website? Generally though, if the agent cancels you should get a refund, but it's down to the agent unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marymary

Its Budget Travel online. They say they're Irish. I haven't bought a policy yet because I was trying to decide weather to go for an annual policy or just a policy for this trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,467 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You definitely won't get cover for anything to do with Covid-19 at this stage.

If flights are cancelled, you'll be entitled to a refund from the airline.

Outside of that, I'd ring a few companies (if you can get through, I'd say their inundated) and ask specifically about your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marymary

Yes, I just saw there Blue insurance wont cover for COVID 19 from 23.59 on 16th march, and some of the others stopped from 12th March. Sods law. I should have sorted it before now but I thought I had time. Ill just have to hope for the best.

Advertisement