Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that have closed temporarily due to (COVID-19).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Clothes are essential. I’d like to see you go outside without any on.

I'd like to see that as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Clothes will be essential , I just know my parents who love gardening will be going round to Aldi, tesco,Lidl buying plants, compost and plant food. If they are expecting Garden centres to close as being a non essential business etc. It would bring more footfall to the super markets and not supporting social distancing measures.

If the shops here start implementing the measures that have been put into operation in places such as Milan, do you think your parents will queue outside in the elements for an hour or two to get into a store to buy a Rose bush?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kathryn1985

If the shops here start implementing the measures that have been put into operation in places such as Milan, do you think your parents will queue outside in the elements for an hour or two to get into a store to buy a Rose bush?

Unfortunately yes knowing them. They would be buying a couple of trolley loads of bedding plants and other plants. And the garden would be their escape from being locked up in house all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Rufeo wrote: »
    I'd like to see that as well.

Careful what you wish for.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Woodies have been very busy of late as people get in gardening and DIY stuff.....who knew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Just wondering shouldn’t tesco, Aldi etc. be selling only essential items and not clothes, flowers, tv’s, flower pots etc. during this time.

This is a joke right?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Woodies have been very busy of late as people get in gardening and DIY stuff.....who knew.

Ikea gone mad aswell, people prepping their houses for a lot more time in them

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tiger stores also!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Tiger stores also!

AFFS...I wanted a pet tiger...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Carroll's Irish Gifts closed

• Advertisement

River Island Some are closed and others to follow Tomorrow.

IKEA from tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

IKEA from tomorrow!

ah balls, had been planning a visit for a few items Ive needed for a while now.

Half the problem now is the more shops that close the more that those are open will be busy and social distancing wont be observed.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ah balls, had been planning a visit for a few items Ive needed for a while now.

Half the problem now is the more shops that close the more that those are open will be busy and social distancing wont be observed.

75% off home plants till 6pm tomorrow (guess they will die while the shop is closed).

IKEA online continues to be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Be right back

Topshop are closing this evening.

I think some of the Hale vaping shops are closed!

Topshop,/Topman.
    Miss Selfridge.
    Wallis.
    Dorothy Perkins.
    Evans.

In Certain Areas.
    Claire's
    New Look

Topshop,/Topman.
    Miss Selfridge.
    Wallis.
    Dorothy Perkins.
    Evans.

In Certain Areas.
    Claire's
    New Look

I know Topshop staff are being paid for 2 weeks and after that, the dole.

I know Topshop staff are being paid for 2 weeks and after that, the dole.

I think everybody on the Arcadia group is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I've seen it all now. Idiots in a queue in Blanchardstown S.C. at Debenhams.
    All on top of each other to get a half price Easter egg yesterday.

• Advertisement

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I've seen it all now. Idiots in a queue in Blanchardstown S.C. at Debenhams.
    All on top of each other to get a half price Easter egg yesterday.

Debenhams still open? Idiots indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Debenhams still open? Idiots indeed.

Yeah have a friend working there who text me. Can't believe people are shopping for clothes at this time.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Yeah have a friend working there who text me. Can't believe people are shopping for clothes at this time.

Feel sorry for the staff. Some people's priorities are all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Anyone know if boots in Blanchardstown centre is open?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Anyone know if boots in Blanchardstown centre is open?

Boots in the Pavillions is because it has a pharmacy and that has to be kept open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Feel sorry for the staff. Some people's priorities are all wrong.

God forbid you're still stuck with last season's look in your video conference.

God forbid you're still stuck with last season's look in your video conference.

A lot of clothes that would be on sale, are from last season!! It would be terrible for people alright. Best of gear needed especially if you are working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Louis Copeland is closed but they are doing a 40% off everything sale on their website. Even at 40% off its still pretty pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Fireball81 wrote: »

So are Homebase, B & Q, any hardware store are seeing a spike in sales as people are doing a bit of DIY and sprucing up their gardens, suppose it helps fill a few hours of the day.

• Advertisement

New Look stores are closed.
    Pair(They sell phone cases, do repairs).

Advertisement