Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that have closed temporarily due to (COVID-19).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

McDonalds restaurants from tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Supermacs and Burger King closed yet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Suprised as they had closed seating areas and only allowed take away and drive thru.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Suprised as they had closed seating areas and only allowed take away and drive thru.

I think the problem is you just cant maintain social distancing of 2 metres between staff in such cramped kitchens, workers are always crossing over each other in those environments. Its pretty much the same for all commercial kitchens but the HSE seems to have let them off the hook by just telling them to maintain social distancing when the reality is thats next to impossible in such small kitchens. You could do it in the eating areas by closing off every second table but theres no way its happening in the kitchens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Be right back

Just in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

UK too according to their Twitter

Hillbillys are closing these stores!

Grand Parade, McCurtain St, Mahon Point, Ennis, Fairview and Waterford.

Hillbillys are closing these stores!

Grand Parade, McCurtain St, Mahon Point, Ennis, Fairview and Waterford.

Well, the grand parade one must have been very quiet seeing as the pubs and clubs are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Clothes will be essential , I just know my parents who love gardening will be going round to Aldi, tesco,Lidl buying plants, compost and plant food. If they are expecting Garden centres to close as being a non essential business etc. It would bring more footfall to the super markets and not supporting social distancing measures.

Get them to use Gardenshop.ie - have just ordered topsoil, netting, stakes etc - low cost delivery, free on over 75 euro. Did the same for my mum in UK using her local garden centre that delivers.

People need to cop the **** on....clothes shopping and garden shopping is not essential at a time like this.

Sooner we get to full lockdown where only food shops and chemists are open thr better.

• Advertisement

This situation has happened quite suddenly in the severity of it I don't think people were expecting the likes of Penny's to close let alone McDonalds Primark the company that run Pennys have stopped their clothing supply chain this is gonna go own a lot longer than anyone thinks

Nandos have also shut up their restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

This situation has happened quite suddenly in the severity of it I don't think people were expecting the likes of Penny's to close let alone McDonalds Primark the company that run Pennys have stopped their clothing supply chain this is gonna go own a lot longer than anyone thinks

I was in spain last week and went out twice after they went into lockdown just to the supermarket and home. everywhere was shut and no one about and they are looking to go to April 11 now with that. I think people here think the whole things a bit of a laugh and a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just got an email from Subway- all their shops are closing at 5pm today. So no more double cheesburgers and no meatball subs by this evening.

I would imagine now that McDonalds and Subway have taken the lead on this Burger King and Supermacs will have no choice but to follow. If they continue to stay open they are taking a huge PR risk on their brand. If there were to be an outbreak of C19 amongst their staff due to working in cramped kitchens it has the potential to cause serious damage to them as a business.

**** just got real- Krispy Kreme is closing from tonight due to COVID-19.

Starbucks and Costa closing from tonight.

Supermacs closing on Thursday!

Supermacs closing on Thursday!

Takeaways only until then.

Debenhams

Wonder will Dunnes close off their drapery sections?

• Advertisement

The Works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Debenhams nationwide closed @3.30 today

Harry Corry!

KFC

Next

KFC

:( Goodnight sweet Colonel

JD Sports!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Suppose the easier question is what's left open!

All Eyes On Rafah

Does anyone know if businesses have to pay commercial rates while they're closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

is chut (chicken hut) limerick still open, Im tempted to drive all the way down for chicken at the weekend.

Advertisement