Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that have closed temporarily due to (COVID-19).

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have Dunnes closed their drapery?

Hope B&Q does open up tomorrow as I think this weekend will be spent painting. I always find Woodies a bit of a rip off compared to B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have Dunnes closed their drapery?

They have closed their drapery only store in Cork anyway, don't know about drapery sections in bigger stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

is chut (chicken hut) limerick still open, Im tempted to drive all the way down for chicken at the weekend.

Closed on Sunday! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wonder how that works in places like Dundrum where you have to walk through clothes to get to the food hall, they may limit entry to the ground floor through the carpark only.

They'll probably dim the lights over the cloths and put tape and signs up saying do not enter and have a pathway to the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Surely these should open as they are an essential service. I do not like saying that but in this age, phones are vital. I have ordered a phone off the three website and I am being messed around by them. According to their website you get the phone the next day if you order before 4pm. I ordered my phone at 3.30 on Tuesday, I still have not even received an email saying when to expect the phone so it is looking more than likely that I will not have it until late next week at the earliest, so since Monday I have been phoneless and probably will be next week as well.

I know the virus is delaying it but it should not take this long. Spoke to a three rep yesterday who said the order was live. Before him I spoke to a lady on their online chat who said the order was not submitted properly but would not give me a reason why

Just really pissed off cos if the shop was open I would have it now. Phones are vital for communication, therefore an essential service. Surely they could stay open but with precautions. Christ I'm angry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

They’re not an essential service and you just need to cool your heels, far too much “I have to have it now” in current society.

Couriers are working so the phone from three should be with you soon.

Commiserations though, three are a terrible company to deal with at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Surely these should open as they are an essential service. I do not like saying that but in this age, phones are vital. I have ordered a phone off the three website and I am being messed around by them. According to their website you get the phone the next day if you order before 4pm. I ordered my phone at 3.30 on Tuesday, I still have not even received an email saying when to expect the phone so it is looking more than likely that I will not have it until late next week at the earliest, so since Monday I have been phoneless and probably will be next week as well.

I know the virus is delaying it but it should not take this long. Spoke to a three rep yesterday who said the order was live. Before him I spoke to a lady on their online chat who said the order was not submitted properly but would not give me a reason why

Just really pissed off cos if the shop was open I would have it now. Phones are vital for communication, therefore an essential service. Surely they could stay open but with precautions. Christ I'm angry :D
    Why is it essential? Is there a specific reason why you need your phone. I don't need mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Why is it essential? Is there a specific reason why you need your phone. I don't need mine.

Why is it essential to buy a new phone?

Especially when everything is online.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What did you order, Johnny? Samsung S20?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Why is it essential to buy a new phone?

Especially when everything is online.. :confused:
    Since when is everything online? I do everything face to face.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 9,984 ✭✭✭dodzy

_Brian wrote: »
    They’re not an essential service and you just need to cool your heels, far too much “I have to have it now” in current society.

Couriers are working so the phone from three should be with you soon.

Commiserations though, three are a terrible company to deal with at best.

Of course it's an essential service. I cannot visit my parents. Do you suggest telepathy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

dodzy wrote: »
    Of course it's an essential service. I cannot visit my parents. Do you suggest telepathy ?

Exactly. What about an elderly person's phone that breaks? What are they meant to do? Or vice versa if one of their children's phone breaks? I'm certain I'm not the only person experiencing these delays. Surely they could run a system where you choose your phone, ring ahead and collect it. Same system for repairs. Or maybe just open once/twice a week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭ijohhj

We should have a thread with what IS open, would be shorter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The main chipper in my town has been closed about 2.5 weeks now while his only competitor has remained open throughout. Both of them are Macaris but related only in name. The one who closed was probably thinking it would only be for a week or so but hes almost three weeks in now and looking at his competitor grab all his customers. Some of whom might stay with his competition after its all over, its bit harsh on him for doing what he felt was the right thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

Mom and Pop stores are going to have no cash flow soon if not already. This is devastation.

Advertisement