Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Air running Windows crashes

Options
  • 18-03-2020 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a MacBook Air running Bootcamp with Windows 8.1 installed on it. I did this recently and afterwards when I run the windows partition, the laptop randomly crashes after 5 mins (restarting). When working on the Mac OS partition, I have no problem.

Any idea what might be the problem here and what to look for?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Amateur

OSI wrote: »
    Did you install the Bootcamp drivers in Windows?

Windows runs, able to log in to it etc. Just randomly restarts. Where/how should I install such?

OSI wrote: »

Thanks for this - I have tried to install the setup.exe file but the laptop switches off/restarts before it completes. I have tried this several times.

Any further tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it possible to start everything in safe mode?

biko wrote: »
    Is it possible to start everything in safe mode?

Yes in safe mode the issue does not happen. Could it be a windows update as I see in the services running Windows Module Install running.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd say it's probably not an windows update problem if it works in safe mode.
    Then it's some plugin/3rd party issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement