Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand Sanitiser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Could you tell me how long did it take to arrive and who was the courier?Ordered some last weekend to my Mums gaff but nothing yet.

I ordered and received on the 3rd world day after my order. But it was in stock when I ordered. It's preorder now. So I'd say you get it on the 3rd or 4th working day from date given by website. DPD delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭leex

Read small print. Not available until 7th April.

What harm. I'll use it when my Red Mills order is used up. We'll unfortunately need this for a while so won't goto waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Could you tell me how long did it take to arrive and who was the courier?Ordered some last weekend to my Mums gaff but nothing yet.

I ordered on the 20th, it was shipped on 26th and is now stuck on a courier service somewhere. Got notification from Courier they are running behind schedule but unsure now with the lockdown if they are still delivering.

leex wrote: »
    What harm. I'll use it when my Red Mills order is used up. We'll unfortunately need this for a while so won't goto waste.

👍 It's cheap compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Managed to get a couple of bottles of isopropyl alcohol. Have mixed it at 2:1 with aloe vera gel and decanted into 50ml containers. The result is fairly similar to shop bought sanitizer, if slightly less viscous.

As has been said, many times, no substitute for hand washing with soap, but when out and about in the car, comes in very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

For anyone who purchased (and received) the Foran hand sanitiser from the red mills store, what volume was the bottle?

The hyperlink details that the bottle is 500ml, however the product description states it is 250ml...

When I first followed the link there was only 500ml available, which is what I got.

I since followed the link and they were only taking pre orders for 250ml, I ordered a couple of bottles for the mammy

leex wrote: »
    Just saw this on Facebook - manufactured by a Galway company. 16euro incl delivery for a 500ml bottle

https://ghagri.com/index.php/product/gh-hand-and-surface-sanitiser/

I ordered this, thank you for the heads up :)

Ingredients and concentrations are to in accordance with WHO specifications :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

For anyone who purchased (and received) the Foran hand sanitiser from the red mills store, what volume was the bottle?

The hyperlink details that the bottle is 500ml, however the product description states it is 250ml...[/quote

dibs101 wrote: »
    They only sent me 2x250 bottles instead of 2x500. Your order details should say 2x500, I have e mailed them. This is a con.

Thanks for confirming - that is what I was wondering. Were the 500ml and 250 bottles priced the same? I have since ordered the GH sanitiser as I felt their price was reasonable and the ingredient concentrations were satisfactory.

• Advertisement

Thanks for confirming - that is what I was wondering. Were the 500ml and 250 bottles priced the same? I have since ordered the GH sanitiser as I felt their price was reasonable and the ingredient concentrations were satisfactory.

Sorry, just checked bag it is 2x500 ml bottles that were sent. I got bad information from my kids!

dibs101 wrote: »
    Sorry, just checked bag it is 2x500 ml bottles that were sent. I got bad information from my kids!

No problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

august12 wrote: »
    I ordered on the 20th, it was shipped on 26th and is now stuck on a courier service somewhere. Got notification from Courier they are running behind schedule but unsure now with the lockdown if they are still delivering.
    Am in the same boat, at this stage i don't have a clue were it is.Got two texts last week saying it was out for delivery, then got a third saying it was stuck.Never had that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Am in the same boat, at this stage i don't have a clue were it is.Got two texts last week saying it was out for delivery, then got a third saying it was stuck.Never had that before.
    Mine arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

https://www.wipeout.ie/products/hand-sanitiser-alcohol-5ltr-hasa.html

These guys have 5 litre bottles for 60.. we bought 2xbottles for work 2 weeks ago and it was 94e including shipping so they have upped the prices but it is good stuff.. very easy on your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭garyskeepers

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

It's wrongly advertised as 99.7% alc hand sanitizer.
    99.7% alcohol is just one of the ingredients. So they mixed near pure alcohol with other stuff to make it. It doesn't state how potent the mix is.

https://ghagri.com/index.php/product...ace-sanitiser/

This company selling 500lms for €10. Willow cottage is €8 for 50mls.....chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭leex

Received first bottle of GH product today - 1 week ahead of schedule.

It is not as thick as the Red Mills supplied product - GH product possibly more suited for spray bottles.

I received the GH argri bottle on Friday. It is quite liquidy, so as mentioned above, is best suited to spray bottles.

For anyone who purchased and received the Handmade Soap Co and The foran (RedMills store) variations, what are the respective consistencies like? Are they a gel or liquid medium? And are they contained in a bottle which has a spout lid (in that you can easily squeeze it into your hands and evenly distribute it on the go) or did you have to decant the formulation into another bottle?

I’m looking for an option that I can bring with me in the car for when I go for a weekly food shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ning

Boots have them at "normal" prices. 1.5 euro for a small bottle, 5 euros for a large one.

Ning wrote: »
    Boots have them at "normal" prices. 1.5 euro for a small bottle, 5 euros for a large one.

Stock all sold out online :( And I am also unable to differentiate if the likes of Cuticura and Purcell contain the WHO recommend Standard percentage of 70%

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

voluntary wrote: »
    It's wrongly advertised as 99.7% alc hand sanitizer.
    99.7% alcohol is just one of the ingredients. So they mixed near pure alcohol with other stuff to make it. It doesn't state how potent the mix is.

I would be very sceptical buying this tbh.

The whole description carries a nice story, but other than that be aware and try to buy from reputable sources.

Not to mention the price.

I would rather not support this sort of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Stock all sold out online :( And I am also unable to differentiate if the likes of Cuticura and Purcell contain the WHO recommend Standard percentage of 70%

Cuticura are 57 percent. Under the WHO recommendation (60)

From their brand site
    Active ingredients Ethanol 57.6%. PCS97115

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toneygecko

https://www.wipeout.ie/products/hand-sanitiser-alcohol-5ltr-hasa.html

These guys have 5 litre bottles for 60.. we bought 2xbottles for work 2 weeks ago and it was 94e including shipping so they have upped the prices but it is good stuff.. very easy on your hands

Hi, can you confirm what the alcohol percentage is in this stuff, can't find the detail online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Make your own. Buy isopropyl alcohol and glycerol there is WHO guideline on how to mix it. If you want it as a gel get carbomer on ebay. 50g will be enough to make 5l of gel. Add some essential oil for scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

I got 4x500ml 70% alc gel on Carethy for just under 40e w) delivery.

I kept two and gave two to vulnerable family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Make your own. Buy isopropyl alcohol and glycerol there is WHO guideline on how to mix it. If you want it as a gel get carbomer on ebay. 50g will be enough to make 5l of gel. Add some essential oil for scent.

Bought loads of IPA on eBay for cleaning purposes, it's 99% alcohol, I'd be weary mixing it and putting it near my skin.

Would anyone be able to give an idea of what the Handmade Soap Co and The foran (RedMills store) variations are like? Are the gels or liquidy in consistency?

• Advertisement

Would anyone be able to give an idea of what the Handmade Soap Co and The foran (RedMills store) variations are like? Are the gels or liquidy in consistency?

The red mills is like a gel.... you wouldn’t be able to spray it.

Advertisement